(P/N 23469809 – Qty 2) Note free under warranty read bulletin

Also you can read the Bulletin Helps understand where GM thinks the issues are. There are other bulletins for trans,converter, program(8speed) and also a rear shock recall. 

https://gm.oemdtc.com/753/vibration-analysis-and-diagnostic-2014-2015-chevrolet-silverado-gmc-sierra

Lots of bulletins. How about just make a truck that doesn’t have these issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Taps,

I feel your pain. Traded ina 2015 Silverado Crew Cab LT Z71 with some annoying vibes that were partially fixed by replacing two tires and 2 shocks and road force balance at 1500 miles. Got sucked in to the tremendous discounts on a 2018 GMC Sierra SLT Premium with 8 speed transmission. Was delighted for first 500 miles, felt solid, smooth, more like a car. Started vibes on interstate at 70-80, they replaced 2 tires and road force balanced. Tolerable for a few hundred miles. Now with 3,500 this thing is awful. Moderate acceleration between 35 and 50, especially uphill, feels like it’s engine missing or slipping transmission, also bounces. I could go on and on, but I am seriously disappointed. I will be taking back to dealer when convenient, but I just don’t have time for this nonsense. 

I know, shame on me for my stupidity for confronting another GM truck, but I will say it was a great ride for the first 500 miles, and the best looking of any on the road.

Its amazing in this day and time that any major manufacturer can engineer and build such a fickle, schizophrenic, unpredictable product.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A 2018.... My 2016 Z71 Chebby has a vibe, much like many others referred to here.  For whatever reason my truck seems pretty much ok on the highway at 73-74 for the 1st 20 miles or so, then the vibe usually begins the come and go thing, and eventually the vibe stays. I had thought about trading it in on an '18 but then reality hit....  '18 is the same basic POS truck as the '16, so wtf good would it do.  I'll wait and see how the 2019s do or maybe the 2020 versions.  And if I'm not still pissed at GM for selling me a faulty truck and then not making it right, I might consider a 19 or 20.  But will more likely go over to one of the GM competitors.  Yes, thank you, I know they all have their issues.  But it's pretty apparent GM isn't too concerned about their customers.

FWIW, the service manager at the dealership where I bought the truck is a bullshitter.  But I'd guess GM isn't any more concerned about their BS'ing dealers any more than they are about their poorly designed trucks or their customers.  So fuk'm.  Rant over LOL

Edited by Willyone

Put new tires on the truck at 40,000 because one had a hole that wasn't repairable and I swear the tires were the issue. After the new tires it still vibrates, so now I think it is either the driveshaft or the rear axles, but I'm dealing with it because the truck is paid off.  

• Like 1

On 1/15/2018 at 1:37 PM, Dope said:

Just as an update, I put some good tires on the truck (Goodyear Duratracs instead of those awful SRAs) and I had it balanced at a competent shop with good equipment (top of the line Hunter road force balancer). My vibration is gone now, thankfully!

Now I'm trying to decide how badly to roast my dealership for wasting my time and telling me there was no vibration when I brought it in for service.

Dope

On 1/15/2018 at 1:37 PM, Dope said:

Just as an update, I put some good tires on the truck (Goodyear Duratracs instead of those awful SRAs) and I had it balanced at a competent shop with good equipment (top of the line Hunter road force balancer). My vibration is gone now, thankfully!

Now I'm trying to decide how badly to roast my dealership for wasting my time and telling me there was no vibration when I brought it in for service.

Dope

I ended up with Goodyear SR-A tires which are P265/65R18 . It did take 9 tires to get 4 that would baiance within specs so be patient.  I had the same experience with Michelins in the 20" size and had to go through a bunch of tires to get a full set to balance right. It must be an issue with all tire manufacturers for some reason, I suspect the harder sidewalls since they are all but disappearing.  I am in my truck all day and really get to know every vibration and rattle and can quickly notice any differences.

Well, GM has offered me a cash & keep deal.... I guess MY fight is over. Probably going to keep it for a bit and wait to see how the 2019 Ram does after a few months on the road and how the reviews come in. 

I was given a check and a credit and even mailed parts. Mind you my truck was once owned used truck with 3200miles. And I paid Very little for it. Interesting.....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Truck has been vibrating since day one.  It’s in the shop for the 4th time.  Been in for over 2 weeks to be told it needs new tires as they are showing feathering and cupping despite this being the 4th set and they have been rotated by gm techs.

gm is saying I need to pay for them since truck has 35k miles (around 25k miles on this set)

should the price of these be prorated?  This will be the 4th or 5th set of tires and it never fixes the issue.  

Also ive tried contacting gm exec and they are not helping.  Don’t even have a loaner.  GM told me today that I should have been balancing my tires every 6k miles and this is my fault.

also I there any reason not to both file a bbb claim and get an attorney at this point?  I don’t see gm helping me at all but want to see if anyone sees any downside to contacting bbb now bs later.

My 2017 2wd LTZ Crew Cab had the same exact vibrations. The dealer did all they could and finally said nothing else could be done. I was not satisfied that the vibration could not be found and rectified so I began researching. The vibrations in both 2 and 4 wheel drive GM trucks is the aluminum driveshaft. It's just a bad design. I contacted Damon at Performance Drivelines. He builds two piece driveshaft kits for lowered and lifted vehicles. He made me one for a stock height truck. I installed it along with its cross member for the carrier bearing and all my vibrations were gone! There is still some slight tire vibrations but a set of Michelins will solve that. For under $750 to your door the solution can be delivered! Good luck!

• Like 1

Bart,

That is really good news. I will pursue this.course of action. It’s such a shame that a sack of crap corporation that we all bailed out with our tax dollars can get away with this BS and not own up to the problem, but I would gladly pay $750 plus a set of Michelins to fix it. Maybe not “gladly”, I will have a piece of someone’s ass before it’s over , and will definitely scare off a few potential buyers, but at least I may be able to enjoy driving a good looking truck .