15 hours ago, red70judge said:

So has anyone put their "shaker" trucks on a dynomometer, run up to the vibration speeds (75-80+),

and taken a video?  A picture (or in this case a video) could be worth a 1000 words to the

non-believer GM service managers.  I haven't found one yet in my area but still looking.

A video could be shared with all of us for proof.

Also with 1 month left on my 36 month bumper-bumper warranty I'll be S-O-L soon.

Quite interesting about the Feb. sales report with Ford increasing and Chevy/GMC dropping

way off...Just maybe this shaking/vibration issue is getting buyer's attention. 

Close the Mexican assembly plants.  Cheap labor=a cheap product.

Listen up GM!

Not dyno but real life.  Dealer put on a set of tires from another truck off the lot and it not shake as bad.  I’ll be going back to dealer to get next set of tires that don’t shake my truck. Wish me luck! Shaking started around 25k with sra’A 

Edited by Gofas

Based on my experience using Dyna beads to balance motorcycle tires, I thought there could be a way to install a balancing device on the driveshaft based on the same principle.  

I googled for 30 seconds and found that someone has actually made what I envisioned.  Might be worth a try.

http://www.balancemasters.com/driveshafts.html

Agree with most of the list, especially the Toyota’s.  They build bullet proof engines as far as I’m concerned.  I do question the F-150 being on the list though as I’m not sold on the Ecoboost just yet as I’ve read there’s problems when used as a serious work truck.  Personally, I’ve been driving GM trucks since my 1975 Chev Blue Flame in-line six and have never lost an engine.  Anyway, I’m starting to pay attention to what’s coming with the 2019 GM twins.  Very interested in Magnetic Ride technology.  

My ex neighbor was a die hard Ford guy.

Bought new trucks every 3 years.

According to him the local Ford dealer would get Eco Boosts with thrown rods.

Usually cylinder #2.

:)

On 3/18/2018 at 10:46 PM, Gofas said:

Not dyno but real life.  Dealer put on a set of tires from another truck off the lot and it not shake as bad.  I’ll be going back to dealer to get next set of tires that don’t shake my truck. Wish me luck! Shaking started around 25k with sra’A 

Wrong video. Sry guys. Hard to tell on that one.

Don't know about the ecoboosts but my last two work truck have been F150's, got rid of my 12 model last year with 150k miles and it was doing fine.  That one and my current one both had the 5.0 V8 though.  I love my silverado's (owned 4 in a row the last 25 years) but my 2012 and current F150 work trucks have never been back to the dealer but my 14 has been back about a dozen times over mainly recalls but for a few other things (including the shake).  I still would probably buy another chevy when it is time to move on which is about every 10 years for me but it would not bother me to look at a Ford either. 

Long time GM customer here, since the early 80s.  But after having my '16 Silverado vibrator for a little over a year and a half, I'll be looking at Ford when the time comes.

Edited by Willyone

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:46 AM, Gofas said:

No vibes.... That must be a Ford LOL

• Like 1

I don't either, what is this guy complaining about?!?!  The drink bottle in my Jeep GC shake as much as that and it is one smooth riding vehicle.  That is the downside to forums like this, people read something and then go looking for it in their own vehicle and some how find what was non-existent to them.  

20 minutes ago, tnchevy said:

I don't either, what is this guy complaining about?!?!  The drink bottle in my Jeep GC shake as much as that and it is one smooth riding vehicle.  That is the downside to forums like this, people read something and then go looking for it in their own vehicle and some how find what was non-existent to them.  

Yup.. people see these videos then run out their truck with a water bottle. If they see the water vibrate they say "I have a problem!", even if they didn't notice anything prior to seeing the 'water bottle test' videos. 

He said it was the wrong video... guess some people can't read... or maybe he's just whiny... hahah.. this thread is priceless... 

13k problem free miles on my F150. Glad I swapped back..  not one regret... not one visit to the shop.. not one suspicion of a problem.. I turn the key, put it in gear and it drives... period. Thats what $40k should get you.. 

So my neighbor just asked me about my old truck (15 Silverado) as his son was looking at a used Silverado (14 w/33k miles). He said the transmission clunked and it drove like squat on the highway.. I was shocked... told him to buy it as he's probably imagining all these problems. And then to go get a Chevy or GM tattoo.. 

Still can't stay away from this train wreck of a thread though... really hope the 2019's are fixed.. for the sake of those that won't drive FERDS. Nobody should have to deal with this.. it's GM's problem but the poor suckers like us pay the price.

Edited by Noob_chevy
  • Like 1

On 3/13/2018 at 1:39 AM, Rambodog said:

I have had shake @ 75+ since new and was given the run around about it during my first free oil change and at the 2nd free oil change as well as the 3rd and final. They never even tried for me. I have since installed Toyo tires with balance beads and different wheels. I have a Halo adj. coilover set at 2". Kit came with rear shocks included. The shake is still there with shock and tire changes. I had an alignment when the tires went on and again when the shocks did. I did however speak to someone that mentioned the weight in back of the truck. Said something about "Nervous Chassis" and that may be the issue. I did try out his theory and it did actually help a little. I put 4) 70 lb. sand tubes up against back of cab in bed. Your trying for center of truck and it's this or the back of your cab, you choose lol. I ran like this for a week to avoid placebo effect. I think it is possible it masked the issue, but it did feel like it helped a bit never the less. A truck always runs smoother with a load and in this case it helps a little with the shakes. I needed the room for camping so out came the tubes and since it is rare to catch me going over 65 mph, I left them out. I run a 10 ply and lower the psi to 38-40 to absorb road chatter around town 45 mph and under. Once on the highway this soft tire will distort and cause some good shaking so check air pressure no matter the tire your running to be sure your not causing some shake on top of your shake. Simple I know, but you would be surprised by how many will look at more complicated reasons before the simple things lol. I would like to say I had the answer, but I saw that about weight in bed so I had to say I have heard it too and it helped a little in my case. It's unreasonable to be expected to do this for a smooth ride in a $40k truck even if it solved it completely.    2014 5.3 1500 6 sp 4x4

I've run my truck unloaded, loaded with up to 1000 pounds or so, and towing an 8000 pound trailer.  ALWAYS shakes.  No matter what.

First time poster, long time follower of this topic!  I first got my 2016 Chevy Silverado in July 2016 and I didn’t really notice it until around 8000 miles. I now have 17,000 miles on it, have had my truck to the dealer about six times, and they give me the same runaround bullshit! They did a pico scope test, roadforce, and tell me it’s within GM specs. I tried the Hellwig Springs, no go on that either. I did see where someone changed out the rear end for a Yukon rear but I’m not going through all that hassle. 

heres mine: <sorry for portrait video.....its easier when driving>

Edited by 2016ChevyShaker