18 hours ago, Obscenejesster said:

Yea. It's a tradition. Chinese food on Christmas Eve and then the normal boring shit (turkey/ham) on Christmas.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

That’s graditude every mom and dad loves to enjoy. My sons are perfectly content with ham and turkey for Christmas and the next three days . At least the vibration in your car can help your intestines shake all of that stuff through.

Happy New Year ! ! 

• Like 1

That’s graditude every mom and dad loves to enjoy. My sons are perfectly content with ham and turkey for Christmas and the next three days . At least the vibration in your car can help your intestines shake all of that stuff through.
Happy New Year ! ! 

I don't have the vibration issue. Only issue I had with mine is the shocks going bad at 24k miles.

2 minutes ago, Obscenejesster said:

I don't have the vibration issue. Only issue I had with mine is the shocks going bad at 24k miles.

Sorry, I thought everyone had the vibration problem.  Have a great day. I am having left over ham fried in with my eggs this morning fyi?. 

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't rear all 786 pages but the issue in the rear is resolved with the gm part under warranty. Long story short a 2* shim and a trans mount for me. The issue is the factory specs are .5* to .75* differences in pinion angles. But both yokes should be parallel. Yes there are some driveshafts that are bad as well as shocks that are recalled. Also note all the aluminum shafts are crap, even the dealer tech said Upgrade ASAP. 

I will order caltracs once the weather warms up that will help.    

On 12/21/2017 at 10:46 PM, Dope said:

Hi guys,

Traded in my 2000 Silverado on a 2018. Double cab, LT Z71, 4WD, optional 20" wheels (5 star) with goodyear SR-As. It vibrates on the highway, starting around 50mph and peaking around 70-75 I'd say. I have been reading this thread but after realizing it is nearly 800 pages does anyone have a link to a wiki or an FAQ or some sort of summary on the issue? I'm seeing possibly tires, driveshaft, frame, shocks, etc.. I have an appointment on Tuesday to bring it in and I'd like to be as informed as possible. I already have a set of Duratracs to put on it, and they will be road-force balanced (have an excellent shop available). I'm going to wait since I don't want the dealership pointing to the new tires (which are not on the truck yet) as a possible culprit.

Many thanks in advance!

Dope

Edit: just noticed that this is my first post, even though I've been a member since 2009!

Just as an update, I put some good tires on the truck (Goodyear Duratracs instead of those awful SRAs) and I had it balanced at a competent shop with good equipment (top of the line Hunter road force balancer). My vibration is gone now, thankfully!

Now I'm trying to decide how badly to roast my dealership for wasting my time and telling me there was no vibration when I brought it in for service.

Dope

• Like 1

On 1/14/2018 at 2:36 PM, 1SLOW1500 said:

I didn't rear all 786 pages but the issue in the rear is resolved with the gm part under warranty. Long story short a 2* shim and a trans mount for me. The issue is the factory specs are .5* to .75* differences in pinion angles. But both yokes should be parallel. Yes there are some driveshafts that are bad as well as shocks that are recalled. Also note all the aluminum shafts are crap, even the dealer tech said Upgrade ASAP. 

I will order caltracs once the weather warms up that will help.    

Do you have the part numbers? If so would you please post them. 

(P/N 23469809 – Qty 2) Note free under warranty read bulletin

Also you can read the Bulletin Helps understand where GM thinks the issues are. There are other bulletins for trans,converter, program(8speed) and also a rear shock recall. 

https://gm.oemdtc.com/753/vibration-analysis-and-diagnostic-2014-2015-chevrolet-silverado-gmc-sierra

Edited by 1SLOW1500
add
  • Like 1

(P/N 23469809 – Qty 2) Note free under warranty read bulletin

Also you can read the Bulletin Helps understand where GM thinks the issues are. There are other bulletins for trans,converter, program(8speed) and also a rear shock recall. 

https://gm.oemdtc.com/753/vibration-analysis-and-diagnostic-2014-2015-chevrolet-silverado-gmc-sierra

Great link, thank you. On a side note, I’ve been through this and it’s a hassle and a half. Back and forth. Test drive after test drive. Racking up mileage on my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a real bad issue if it is more than just angles. The gm parts are free or less than $50 out of pocket. 

Oh and there is also a gm bulletin about shim on the trans. My dealer said we have done and seen many of these. 

Mine isn't bad as some. 66-75 but very light and any road change or on off gas it goes away same with turning. Than means it is only off by a little. Than means shims can make it worst. So they check all angles then pick between axles shims or trans shim. 

Again I must replace my driveshaft with a performance one but want the issue resolved first.