On 4/16/2019 at 10:52 AM, Kylebr1 said:

hmm K sounds good i have a appointment set for next week at a local drive line shop to have my driveshaft checked maybe ill have them look at my diff at the same time . Thanks for the reply . 

Any update to the driveshaft and rear gear check?

I also noticed this video today. I talked with Driveline Performance last winter and they mentioned they were testing with the driveshaft concerns on the Chevy Shake Issues but they really shocked me when they mentioned that they were testing with custom axles which they mentioned were thinking of more of a culprit of concern. 

22 minutes ago, Dearmosd said:

Any update to the driveshaft and rear gear check?

I also noticed this video today. I talked with Driveline Performance last winter and they mentioned they were testing with the driveshaft concerns on the Chevy Shake Issues but they really shocked me when they mentioned that they were testing with custom axles which they mentioned were thinking of more of a culprit of concern. 

I have not had my driveshaft balanced yet switching my axles made a hugee difference almost perfect i will be buying a 2 piece driveshaft eventually so i am not going to waste my money on getting mine re balanced . This way if it is a backlash issue or a balancing issue the 2 piece unit will get rid of the vibration transfer .

Just know that Driveline performances doesnt make a 2 piece for 4 wd vehicles.

What axles did you order and where from? Have a part number?

15 minutes ago, epstein said:

Just know that Driveline performances doesnt make a 2 piece for 4 wd vehicles.

What axles did you order and where from? Have a part number?

i ordered a 5 " diameter aluminum one piece instead will be here this week from my local drive line shop . 

I used to have a lot of input in this thread with my 2016 silverado. It is a 2wd crew cab with a 6.5' bed. So from the factory I have a 2 piece driveshaft and I still have a shake/vibration. It really is very minor now after all of the parts I have thrown on it. First started at around 8000 miles. I just thought it was something with my spindle lift and/or rear block. It wasn't. Since then I have had my OEM 2 piece driveshaft balanced to find it was perfectly fine. Very minor unbalance but it was balanced out and still had the same vibration. Then I swapped the rear 3.42 gears for 4.10 and also swapped out the axles. Of course this changed the speed output of the driveshaft to spin more at highway speeds. It basically brought the vibration down to a 68mph area but still there. Although, the axles really did seem to help the most in cutting down the vibration. I don't have it all the time and when its there it is very minimal. I think its barely there now or due to being at 65k miles now I have gotten used to it. So regardless of what people say swapping to a 2 piece "fixes" it I highly doubt it. 

Also I need to add that I really have a strong feeling the shake is in the programming or ABS system. I also have blackbear performance tunes installed and for my first initial tune he sent me I had zero vibrations. I had him modify the throttle response back down for me a bit and when I loaded that tune it seems the vibration came back. 

Edited by rhino68

On 2/17/2019 at 4:04 PM, unhappy camper said:

Someone I was talking with brought up a very interesting issue. He asked if all of the vehicles having these issues came from the same manufacturing plant. So I mentioned that to some others and what has been an interesting find so far is that every vehicle VIN that starts with  the number '3', was built in Mexico. have confirmed now that three of these vehicles VIN's start with the "3". So out of curiosity, and anyone willing to post, does your VIN start with a 3? Not going to make any difference but sure would be interesting , at least for me to see how many others do. I had to get winter tires and got some BFG KO 2's. They are a bit hard to balance so unfortunately i get some tire vibration now but when spring hits will try some of the Michelin's. The BFG's are the best I have found for where I live for the kind of snow and weather we get. Was concerned the Michelin would not be good as there is not anyone else around here that has them on anything.

Mine starts with 3 and has it

On 5/23/2019 at 8:22 AM, Kylebr1 said:

Yukon Axles and new 5" aluminum driveshaft 1 piece .

You got the Yukon’s and shaft at same time? Which would you suggest getting done first? Are the 

Yukons for stock application truck?

Edited by Gofas

On 5/24/2019 at 10:33 PM, Gofas said:

You got the Yukon’s and shaft at same time? Which would you suggest getting done first? Are the 

Yukons for stock application truck?

Did the Yukon Axles first which got rid of 90% of my vibration the driveshaft got rid of the rest . 

• Thanks 1