On 4/7/2019 at 7:56 AM, Snoringbear said:

Got to thinking about this and recalled that American Axle, located in Mexico, was originally the manufacturer for GM light trucks, suv’s, etc.  per attached article in 2017 manufacturing of these axles was moved back in-house and relocated in Detroit area.  Below is an article about it.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/general-motors/2017/01/17/gm-grand-rapids/96680568/

Yeah i had called the dealer and there part #  in the last year has changed on there rear axles for the 2014 plus sierra silverado . Which makes me think they have since put a upgraded part into there system . 

If anyone is interested in purchasing a 2-piece driveshaft, I have a brand new one for sale from Performance Driveline. Decided to trade in the truck before installing. (Stock height/6sp transmission) PM if interested, thanks.

https://www.alldrivelines.com/2014-2018-silverado-2-piece-conversion-drive-shaft-kit/

On 2019-04-12 at 8:23 AM, Willyone said:

Humph... no definitive fix for the shake.

Just put my Yukon axles in yesterday so far the road feel is completely different it's really hard to explain . Going to work tommorow so I will finally be able to get the truck to 110kmh plus speeds to see how it is . I'll let you know if this fixed my issues . 

Edited by Kylebr1

95% Vibration free center console will shake just the lightest at 115kmh plus now and i can no longer feel a vibration in the floor . I am thinking one of my back tires may be slightly out of balance i am going to try rotating front to back see if that fixes the last little bit of shake . 

40 minutes ago, Kylebr1 said:

95% Vibration free center console will shake just the lightest at 115kmh plus now and i can no longer feel a vibration in the floor . I am thinking one of my back tires may be slightly out of balance i am going to try rotating front to back see if that fixes the last little bit of shake . 

22 hours ago, Kylebr1 said:

Just put my Yukon axles in yesterday so far the road feel is completely different it's really hard to explain . Going to work tommorow so I will finally be able to get the truck to 110kmh plus speeds to see how it is . I'll let you know if this fixed my issues . 

what part # are you referring to?

Anyone notice that there vibration goes away depending on what gear the transmission is in  ? i was on the highway this morning and at low throttle high gear i would get a vibration but at high engine rpm and a lower gear the vibration would temporarily go away .? anyone notice this or just me ? same vehicle speed . 

2 minutes ago, Kylebr1 said:

Anyone notice that there vibration goes away depending on what gear the transmission is in  ? i was on the highway this morning and at low throttle high gear i would get a vibration but at high engine rpm and a lower gear the vibration would temporarily go away .? anyone notice this or just me ? same vehicle speed . 

How did you achieve lower gear higher RPM? If you did this by putting the tranny in manual mode, then note that M5 gear disables AFM, so perhaps you are getting a vibration due to AFM?

Also, if this is by accelerating, then this will change the torque on the gears, particularly the rear end, so there could be a gear preload issue (this has been speculated back a ways in the 800+ posts). Accelerating may also cause the axle to wrap up some and change the pinion angle, which is another possible cause that has been speculated before.

• Like 1

Just now, rpoffen said:

How did you achieve lower gear higher RPM? If you did this by putting the tranny in manual mode, then note that M5 gear disables AFM, so perhaps you are getting a vibration due to AFM?

Also, if this is by accelerating, then this will change the torque on the gears, particularly the rear end, so there could be a gear preload issue (this has been speculated back a ways in the 800+ posts). Accelerating may also cause the axle to wrap up some and change the pinion angle, which is another possible cause that has been speculated before.

I have AFM disabled on my truck . and i just gave the truck a bit of gas and it dropped down a gear but stayed at the same speed made the vibrations completely go away until i let off the gas . 

2 minutes ago, Kylebr1 said:

I have AFM disabled on my truck . and i just gave the truck a bit of gas and it dropped down a gear but stayed at the same speed made the vibrations completely go away until i let off the gas . 

Then I would have the rear end gears checked out. Some early posters to this thread had some success after having it rebuilt. Some claimed that they were assembled incorrectly with backlash and preload set wrong.

Edited by rpoffen

Just now, rpoffen said:

Then I would have the rear end gears checked out. Some early posters to this thread had some success after having to rebuilt. Some claimed that they were assembled incorrectly with backlash and preload set wrong.

hmm K sounds good i have a appointment set for next week at a local drive line shop to have my driveshaft checked maybe ill have them look at my diff at the same time . Thanks for the reply .