On 6/25/2019 at 11:10 AM, Serge Messier said:

SOLVED FOR ME: I have a 2014 Silverado 5.3L LTZ and I have the stupid shake issue like so many of you. Oddly enough, I also have weird shifting like clonks which the US class action lawsuit only mentions 8 speeds when i have a 6. I road forced balanced the wheels\Tires and I have 3 sets of wheels so I know the vibration was not caused by one set. I tried tightening the leaf springs and it reduced the vibration but made the ride stiffer at lower speed. 

The solution for me was adding a AFM disabler from Range technology. The vibration is gone and the transmission shifting is now smooth. It's only been one day and I am so happy, that I wanted to share.

I do love the GMC Sierra AT4 with a 10sp but don't need the 6.2L so the rumors that 2020 Sierra\Silverado 5.3L will come with the 10sp is great.

If you put it in manual shift with it set at 5 to avoid AFM did the vibrations go away or did it take the Range device to stop it?

Thanks for all the good posts.  Until this forum post, I thought mine was the only one that did this.  I have a friend that has a 2016 GMC SLT, 1/2 ton 5.3 (I have a 2016 4.3) and she has the same vibration issue.  I am hopeful for a resolution, this is the only issue that frustrates me on this truck!

17 hours ago, Rick Murphy said:

What a bunch of bullshit There is no way that the AFM disabler from Range technology stops the vibration issues in these trucks He must be a salesman

I am not a salesman. I am an idiot like everybody else that had a vibration and have been reading these forums and watched a bunch of videos. I tried a few things with no success and found a solution that works for my truck. I did try COR's thing about driving in M5 but the vibration wasn't as bad but the transmission shifting was not pleasant. 

Just like the other 832 pages of this thread, take the info you want but don't send out bad vibes you troll.

• Like 3

I tried M5 with my '16 5.3 and it vibed.  Vibes in neutral at 70ish too.  Apparently GM fixed it in the '19 models.  So what's the big secret GM??  They won't say because they're assholes.

39 minutes ago, Willyone said:

I tried M5 with my '16 5.3 and it vibed.  Vibes in neutral at 70ish too.  Apparently GM fixed it in the '19 models.  So what's the big secret GM??  They won't say because they're assholes.

After we have a large enough sample size of no confirmed issues on the T1 platform with plenty of miles on the road, it would be amazing if someone out there could thoroughly document the changes to the frame/driveline/etc between the 2 and try to conclude what may have been the issue on the K2's. Other than that, we may indeed never get a definitive answer on this topic. 

• Like 1

My oversized aluminum driveshaft did fix my vibrations along with a set of yukon axles . However i do find that the center flip up consoles are very shake prone .

I would love to know if anyone with a flow through center console has ever complained of "THE SHAKE " .

On 6/27/2019 at 3:00 PM, Jglew82 said:

After we have a large enough sample size of no confirmed issues on the T1 platform with plenty of miles on the road, it would be amazing if someone out there could thoroughly document the changes to the frame/driveline/etc between the 2 and try to conclude what may have been the issue on the K2's. Other than that, we may indeed never get a definitive answer on this topic. 

The T1 is a completely different truck from the wheels up including suspension geometry, frame, etc. So the change you want to identify is the Entire Truck. 

The T1 is a completely different truck from the wheels up including suspension geometry, frame, etc. So the change you want to identify is the Entire Truck. 

Indeed, what I was getting at is that there is a component or components that are different that are not causing this issue on the T1 (knock on wood). If it’s the relationship of all the components on the K2 causing it, then so be it. It’s just my inquiring mind that’s curious if it can be pinpointed.

2018 Silverado with the factory 20's and continental crosscontact tires. When I first hit 75 I swear drinks will come out of the center console much worse than the video above and at 80 it actually makes me nervous. It's the first time I have had it on the interstate and have a service appointment later this week. At only 1500 miles and a month of ownership I'm not liking what I have been reading here.

2018 Silverado LT 1500, 5.3L 6SP

Edited by Raze