Update--Have a 2018 Silverado W/T regular cab longbed  that had the dreaded shake above 60 MPH from day one.  Did the dance with the dealership of replacing tires, vibration analysis etc. only to be told that everything was within specs, even though the vibration was still present.

The dealership and GM Customer Care refused to buy the vehicle back or refund the purchase price so I contacted an online Lemon Law lawyer.  New Jersey lemon law rules applied in this case. The lawyer sent several letters to GM and suggested taking a cash settlement from GM and keeping the truck as opposed to going to LL court for a full refund. After 1 lowball offer from GM ended up getting a check from them that amounted to about 20% of the MSRP, they were also responsible for paying the lawyer.

After that I ended up trading it in on a base Ford F150 and didn't end up losing anything on depreciation due to what GM paid me. Also was a night and day difference with the way the Ford rides above 60 MPH compared to the Silverado. The Chevy had under 3000 miles when I traded it in.

I'm done with GM after this episode. The LL part took about 2 months and the lawyer said he has handled hundreds of these cases.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 2:11 PM, bumtruck said:

Update--Have a 2018 Silverado W/T regular cab longbed  that had the dreaded shake above 60 MPH from day one.  Did the dance with the dealership of replacing tires, vibration analysis etc. only to be told that everything was within specs, even though the vibration was still present.

The dealership and GM Customer Care refused to buy the vehicle back or refund the purchase price so I contacted an online Lemon Law lawyer.  New Jersey lemon law rules applied in this case. The lawyer sent several letters to GM and suggested taking a cash settlement from GM and keeping the truck as opposed to going to LL court for a full refund. After 1 lowball offer from GM ended up getting a check from them that amounted to about 20% of the MSRP, they were also responsible for paying the lawyer.

After that I ended up trading it in on a base Ford F150 and didn't end up losing anything on depreciation due to what GM paid me. Also was a night and day difference with the way the Ford rides above 60 MPH compared to the Silverado. The Chevy had under 3000 miles when I traded it in.

I'm done with GM after this episode. The LL part took about 2 months and the lawyer said he has handled hundreds of these cases.

So do you have to go through the Customer Care issue before you start a case?  I have only commiserated with this forum but have done nothing on my side to open a case with GM.  Also I bought the truck in NM but now live in TX, would I go about contacting a TX attorney?  Sorry about your trouble but thanks for the info!

34 minutes ago, Rmiles2314 said:

So do you have to go through the Customer Care issue before you start a case?  I have only commiserated with this forum but have done nothing on my side to open a case with GM.  Also I bought the truck in NM but now live in TX, would I go about contacting a TX attorney?  Sorry about your trouble but thanks for the info!

From your profile you have a 2016. In most states, note that to start a Lemon Law case you have to be the original purchaser, and you have to do it in the first year. Yours may be too late to file.

1 minute ago, rpoffen said:

From your profile you have a 2016. In most states, note that to start a Lemon Law case you have to be the original purchaser, and you have to do it in the first year. Yours may be too late to file.

Thanks.  Man, I am the original purchaser but thought it was bent rim and never went to GM, just had them force balanced and rebalanced numerous times!  Then I got the 22" factory black rim (not sure the name) and it persisted and found this forum!

50 minutes ago, Rmiles2314 said:

Thanks.  Man, I am the original purchaser but thought it was bent rim and never went to GM, just had them force balanced and rebalanced numerous times!  Then I got the 22" factory black rim (not sure the name) and it persisted and found this forum!

Sounds like you might be out of luck due to the time period that elapsed.  Mine did it from day one and I kept after them about it. I involved GM Customer Care because I was just following the steps in the owner's manual,talk to Service Manager,no joy talk to dealer management etc. and Customer Care was part of that progression even though from reading this particular thread and how they responded to other people on here I wasn't getting my hopes up with CC.

Lemon Law was suggested by others on here so that ended up being the last step,they also mention it in the owner's manual.

It's probably more difficult to get resolved if the problem doesn't show up until it's a year old or has 10000 miles on it etc. ,then they will try to blame it on any modifications that have been made

3 minutes ago, bumtruck said:

Sounds like you might be out of luck due to the time period that elapsed.  Mine did it from day one and I kept after them about it. I involved GM Customer Care because I was just following the steps in the owner's manual,talk to Service Manager,no joy talk to dealer management etc. and Customer Care was part of that progression even though from reading this particular thread and how they responded to other people on here I wasn't getting my hopes up with CC.

Lemon Law was suggested by others on here so that ended up being the last step,they also mention it in the owner's manual.

It's probably more difficult to get resolved if the problem doesn't show up until it's a year old or has 10000 miles on it etc. ,then they will try to blame it on any modifications that have been made

Thanks.  Yeah, that's a bummer.  I do love the truck but this gets a little tiresome to keep having it with nothing from GM if you catch it right away.

Last Friday they rebalanced all four wheels and sent me on my way. Vibration is now happening in the 60s as well. They've now had my truck for two days said they put it on the road force with no issues and was going to take the tires and wheels off another truck on the lot. I will be seeking another dealership after I get the truck back the service manager is not too friendly to say it nicely.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

What I find interesting about this issue is that some days, I take the same road, go about 78-80 mph and have major vibration.  Other days, same road, same speed and NO vibration.  Is it possible that road heat, heat outside, etc can play a role in how much vibration there is?  The other night I had none but previously that day on the same road during the day I had the normal (what I am used to) vibration.  Just curious if mine is the only one that is intermittent.

38 minutes ago, Rmiles2314 said:

What I find interesting about this issue is that some days, I take the same road, go about 78-80 mph and have major vibration.  Other days, same road, same speed and NO vibration.  Is it possible that road heat, heat outside, etc can play a role in how much vibration there is?  The other night I had none but previously that day on the same road during the day I had the normal (what I am used to) vibration.  Just curious if mine is the only one that is intermittent.

No mine is the same way . I think some of the vibration is transmission related . Heat related for sure or Differential heat . 

3 hours ago, Kylebr1 said:

No mine is the same way . I think some of the vibration is transmission related . Heat related for sure or Differential heat . 

did your vibration come back after the axles and driveshaft were replaced?

Brian