What have you done to your K2 today?

Second drain/fill of the transmission (15 minute job, courtesy of my custom pan drain plug! :D , most of which was letting it drain) in 800 miles.  At 73k the trans had never had fluid changed, so I always do more than one as about half the old ATF remains inside.  So now, it's got 9 quarts of roughly 13 of fresh ATF in there, including a 10 oz bottle of Lubeguard Red (I always use it in transmissions over 100k, so I figured it'd a good time as my 6 speed shifts flawlessly, and I am to keep it that way).  A few days ago, I dropped about .75 quart of oil out of the pan (the dealer seems to have overfilled with the old 8.5 qt capacity) and added a pint of MMO.  Every oil change I do to this truck (every 5k) will see a pint of MMO.

On 6/21/2019 at 2:08 PM, 1SLOW1500 said:

There are a few people that got busted flat bedding but it was only after they found the stripped do vehicles.
Also I had my 92 Camaro 25th anniversary stolen by the police. They saw it broken on off ramp and called it in to have it towed but never filed a report I then had it reported stolen for over 2 months. Figured it was stripped but thought may as well ask. Called a yard and they had it there. Over $2000 in fees. They had dozens of high end vehicles. Said they auction them off after 90 days.
Knew a guy from high school day had a repo company. He would steal anything he liked out of cars. And drive a new car every week.
I carry may different setups. But for many years glock 19. Had a buddy that was robbed and killed for high end car then they couldn't drive a manual. Another buddy killed his 2 attackers that tried to get his Escalade. I got shot for my Escalade and my trailblazer ss had a small bullet in the dash pad when I turned it back in.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Holy hell bro....

Put on a flowmaster 50 series. Single in dual out. Ran two pipes out the rear with Chevy stainless tips. I did leave the flapper on because I didn’t want drone. Sounds great! 

FC595400-1CCD-4BF4-9550-4965EF0EF5F5.jpeg

Edited by Racindave
  • Like 2

On 6/21/2019 at 11:32 AM, CovetedStyle said:

Going up! Lol Also I will be selling my BDS 4-6 inch lift kit with everything but the coil overs in about 2 months.  Just over 8,000 miles on it. You would just need to determine whether you want 4 or 6 inch and buy the spacer for the front strut from them. I will be selling it either stripped to bare metal (so you can color coat it) or re-coated black for additional money. Brand new never run rear fox shocks and lift blocks as well.  So if you’ve been thinking about wanting a BDS kit for cheaper than retail I might be the guy for you.

7AF2135B-38B4-48EF-97FC-75D45AF4E4C7.jpeg

Wish I would have read this a week ago, I just ordered my BDS Kit on Friday and it should be going in hopefully before 4th of July.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 2017_LTZ said:

Wish I would have read this a week ago, I just ordered my BDS Kit on Friday and it should be going in hopefully before 4th of July.

Nice..  I have nothing to say bad about BDS, the kit has been great to me I just need to go taller than they offer. And McGaughys is a built a little more substantial if you get the SS kit with traction bars and compression struts. I won’t be switching for at least another month and half because I’m waiting for my wheels to be made before talking everything to powder coat. So you made the right choice if you needed it now my friend.

On 6/24/2019 at 9:18 PM, dukedkt442 said:

Second drain/fill of the transmission (15 minute job, courtesy of my custom pan drain plug! :D , most of which was letting it drain) in 800 miles.  At 73k the trans had never had fluid changed, so I always do more than one as about half the old ATF remains inside.  So now, it's got 9 quarts of roughly 13 of fresh ATF in there, including a 10 oz bottle of Lubeguard Red (I always use it in transmissions over 100k, so I figured it'd a good time as my 6 speed shifts flawlessly, and I am to keep it that way).  A few days ago, I dropped about .75 quart of oil out of the pan (the dealer seems to have overfilled with the old 8.5 qt capacity) and added a pint of MMO.  Every oil change I do to this truck (every 5k) will see a pint of MMO.

Followed it up with new front rotors and pads, originals went 73k.  I'd mentioned a brake pulse to the dealer when they replaced my spare tire (free), so they replaced the rear pads/shoes/rotors 600 miles ago (free), but unfortunately didn't cure the issue.  Rather than deal with going back there twice (drop off and pick up, only 10 miles away), I figured spending the $120 on parts and doing it myself was more economical, and I could be assured the job was done right.  Inside pads were worn more than the outside ones, but still double the minimum thickness at 6/32", but were only contacting the rotors with the center 1/2 of the pad due to rust build up on the rotor.  As most probably do, the pads were freezing in the shims, preventing proper release.  I went with Raybestos rotors and pads, as I'd always had great longevity with that brand on previous vehicles going back to the early '90s.  We'll see how long they last; I usually go well over 100k on pads, so they should at least match the factory stuff.  The front breaks had never been done, as I had to break through the factory loc-tite on the caliper brackets.  It stopped much better than my F150 before, and stops even better now... I've always been far more concerned with the stopping than the going.

• Like 1

had to buy a new battery today for my '14.

not exactly what i was planning my next post in the thread to be - ha!

**oh... and what a pain to get the battery out - man oh man.  i guess i'm just used to my old '89...  disconnect the positive and negative wires from the battery, lots of room to get a good grip on the battery and out it comes.  not so with the 14!

• Like 1