POST PICTURES OF YOUR BODY LIFTS (2014+)

How much cutting is involved with the1.5" zone body lift . I red the directions do you have to cut out some of the original bumper support bracket on the frame rails?

you have to cut about an inch off of the mounts on the frame horns. Drill new holes for the tow hooks. Cut some of the internal bracketry of the front bumper to clear the frame when the bumper is raised up, at least on the sierra not sure about the silverado. You also have to notch the hole for the spare tire winch opening in order to get the jack handle in there to raise and lower the spare and notch where the e brake cable passes through the body mount gusset. Best choice is a die grinder with a cut off wheel.

e1e99c65ac9b60f1cb100e27d35642c0.jpg

I did like most everyone else on here... 2.5 RC level but I used larger rear blocks to maintain a cant to the truck and went with a zone 1.5 body lift. Tires are Nitto Terra Grappler 295/70 r17. Plenty of clearance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did like most everyone else on here... 2.5 RC level but I used larger rear blocks to maintain a cant to the truck and went with a zone 1.5 body lift. Tires are Nitto Terra Grappler 295/70 r17. Plenty of clearance.

That looks real good. The 295/70r18 on stockers will rub the swaybar and UCAs at full lock so it looks like the 17s are just right!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

attachicon.gifcool.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170302_145716.jpg

295/65r18 duratracs were back ordered ended up going with a 305/65r18 falken wildpeak at3w and a 1.5 inch wheel spacer on stock wheels. have a little rubbing to take care of on the rear of the front wheel wells but that seems to be mainly the mud flaps. going to move the mud flaps out to match the tire better and then trim whats needed for tire clearance.

Do you have anymore side view pictures of your setup? I actually may have decided on these in this size over a 295/70/18 ST Maxx today and am just trying to do all my research. Truck looks great!

• 1 month later...

Could some of you guys post a pic of your rear bumper? Preferably someone with a 1.5" and someone with a 3" body lift... Trying to get an idea what the gap looks like with the hitch being lower than the bumper. I'm nervous I'm going to hate it but my local truck performance shop says I won't notice it at all. :skeptical

• Like 1

Could some of you guys post a pic of your rear bumper? Preferably someone with a 1.5" and someone with a 3" body lift... Trying to get an idea what the gap looks like with the hitch being lower than the bumper. I'm nervous I'm going to hate it but my local truck performance shop says I won't notice it at all. :skeptical

I'll take a few photos for you but your local shop is right. You won't even notice the difference on the 1.5 bl

I'll take a few photos for you but your local shop is right. You won't even notice the difference on the 1.5 bl

Thanks! I look forward to the pics

They tell me after they're done with it; it'll look like it was 110% meant to be that way whether I chose the 1.5 or 3'' BL. He claims they remove any rust on the hitch and then spray it with black paint that will make it just disappear when looking at it. Am a little worried about how the spare tire looks as well but maybe I'm fretting over nothing

Thanks! I look forward to the pics

They tell me after they're done with it; it'll look like it was 110% meant to be that way whether I chose the 1.5 or 3'' BL. He claims they remove any rust on the hitch and then spray it with black paint that will make it just disappear when looking at it. Am a little worried about how the spare tire looks as well but maybe I'm fretting over nothing

With the 1.5 you wont really notice the hitch issue. On a 3 inch whether they paint it or not it's going to look like crap IMO. They are likely going to install rubber gap guards in the fender wells which prevent you from seeing the day light between the frame and bed and are not super noticeable. You can pull the hitch off and take it to a good fabricator to modify it so that it sits like factory with the body lift. The one thing you can't do anything about is the amount of frame that's exposed and the fact you'll see the body mount perches. This has always been the downfall of the 3" body lifts. The truck below has a 3 inch body you can see the frame ebrake cables. you can cover some of it up with running boards. Doesn't look terrible but far from factory and not 110% meant to be that way. When the truck is new and everything is a nice dark black it looks fine but as the truck ages and the frame gets dirty is when it starts to look worse and become more noticeable. If you want to go that high you're better off spending another 500 bucks and going with a fabtech 4 inch or RC 5 inch suspension lift IMO.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by abominable z71

They're shitty photos but here are a couple of rear shots with a 1.5 BL. Furthermore I had to adjust the rear exhaust hanger and pound on it so it would pull up the exhaust, otherwise it looks goofy hanging so low.

f5ec2b71d8e48462df082440da649e79.jpgdd8c84912e6175622a9f0ba0d8bda4d6.jpg2429b447a2bce85b4082a80ad89721ee.jpgac81b436a4e47cedf53c315bf9d3348f.jpga74c4bc7f28ce2e7d6420d4599de31c7.jpg27644499801a142f518a3505d57239c4.jpg

Edited by vettecowboy78