What you've been waiting for - Official Photos of the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado

Gorehamj

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/17/2017 at 4:03 PM, Artie61 said:

Finally round wheel wells = bigger tires  YAY ! suppose  to have a stock 2" lift totally warrantied   and covered by chevrolet  not sure if all trims,.

Looks a little colorado -ish , will have to see , not bad doesn't seem to have much headlight power though with the f150 type headlamps ,  I wonder if there will be new engine configurations , 

Introducing the new chevy ram f 1500 !

How in the world can you tell from the daylight? The Volvo S90 I had as a rental had thin headlights, threw out the most light and were the best ones I have been in a car with, so you can't judge just based on a visual. Let's leave the assumptions until it is actually driven and known...

Tyler

1 hour ago, CadillacLuke24 said:

Fun fact, somebody found on the new order sheets that they will build the old bodystyle alongside the new, much like they did in 07. 

Why would they do that?

Most of it will be for fleet purposes....They will only be available as ext cab short box  in W/T, LS & LT trims with the 5.3L...They did the same thing when the went from the GMT-400 to the GMT-800, then again from the GMT-800 to the GMT-900..1 year carryover for those that didn't want the "new design".

5 hours ago, ajensen383 said:

Most of it will be for fleet purposes....They will only be available as ext cab short box  in W/T, LS & LT trims with the 5.3L...They did the same thing when the went from the GMT-400 to the GMT-800, then again from the GMT-800 to the GMT-900..1 year carryover for those that didn't want the "new design".

Another thing to consider re fleets - it helps to have the fleet the same size.  So if you have accessories and other add-ons needed for your fleet, you know they will fit.  It usually takes about a year for the aftermarket to catch up to changes in bed design, etc.  I work in operations for my local fire department, we have a limited set of spare parts sitting on the shelf for our existing fleet, we like as many things to be interchangeable as practical.  We know things change, but add-ons are expensive,  if we can use up our existing inventory first that's a plus. 

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 4:03 PM, Artie61 said:

Finally round wheel wells = bigger tires  YAY ! suppose  to have a stock 2" lift totally warrantied   and covered by chevrolet  not sure if all trims,.

Looks a little colorado -ish , will have to see , not bad doesn't seem to have much headlight power though with the f150 type headlamps ,  I wonder if there will be new engine configurations , 

Introducing the new chevy ram f 1500 !

I hope the offer the 2 inch lift as an option on all models. That would be a good idea I  think.

I actually like the new body style... its got some crazy lines, but that is a good thing. Different is better, and the front end looks nothing like the F-150, I don't see where people are getting that?...

5a3ffeef7e5ba_Frontends.jpg.cfac82866f986ae88f612c8dfa855647.jpg

On 12/19/2017 at 6:32 PM, amxguy1970 said:

How in the world can you tell from the daylight? The Volvo S90 I had as a rental had thin headlights, threw out the most light and were the best ones I have been in a car with, so you can't judge just based on a visual. Let's leave the assumptions until it is actually driven and known...

Tyler

Seeing as people have complained about the lighting on the most recent Chev 2500HDs, I could see their reservations. My nephew had spent the summers of '16 & '17 driving various GM pickups during his summer job. He said I'd be sorry about it when I ordered a Chev. He had driven both @ night & said the GMCs had better light down a highway. He convinced my brother to get the Sierra when they bought their 2500HD last year.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 2:27 PM, overthebars said:

I actually like the new body style... its got some crazy lines, but that is a good thing. Different is better, and the front end looks nothing like the F-150, I don't see where people are getting that?...

5a3ffeef7e5ba_Frontends.jpg.cfac82866f986ae88f612c8dfa855647.jpg

Because some people just need something to bitch about.  Overall I think it looks purdy good.  But I'm n real crazy about what looks like the chunk of tailgate hanging out in the wind where is says Chevrolet.... speaking of stuff to bitch about LOL

Archived