Win A Pair Of Sylvania Cube-X LED Lights!

Zane

1. Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in?
    YES - Quality and reviews play a large part in my choices. The company staying in touch and taking care of issues quickly plays a huge part in trying a new company as well.
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO) NO 
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all? Never. I am all about looks but if it does not work what's the point?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in?
    IF YES: What is your to top priority when choosing accessories for your truck? (Quality/Price/Look/Reviews)
  • Yes. Increasing performance, installing bells and whistles. Currently investing in a mcgaughey lift kit and tires. Hurts the pockets.
  •  
  • Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO)
  • Yes. I value quality parts over an economic option but only until the miniscule bump in quality sacrifices great cost. (Ex. I chose mcgaughey over cognito lol)
  •  
  • Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?
  • No. It obviously has to work I review everything I intend to buy. 

1. Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in? YES.  I put an exhaust on my truck and it took me 2 months of reviewing several different mufflers and the different sounds and quality before I picked the right one. Price is important to me but not enough to quality I only want the best for my truck. my truck represents me and if it looks and sounds cheap it reflects I am cheap. not that I am made of money, but I will spend the money to get good quality long lasting accessories.
  2. IF YES: What is your to top priority when choosing accessories for your truck? (Quality/Price/Look/Reviews) 
    IF NO:  Why not? (No time/money, inexperience, no vehicle)
  3. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO) ABSOLUTELY NOT I look for quality, longevity appearance, and durability its worth the extra time and money 
  4. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all? NO if it doesn't work or doesn't work well it will not go on my truck or my Jeep

My Truck 2.jpg

1. Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in?
    Yes, accessorizing your truck is paramount!
    IF YES: What is your to top priority when choosing accessories for your truck? (Quality/Price/Look/Reviews)
    Top priority depends on what goal I'm after.  Functionality, as others have said, is one priority...if it isn't needed or it doesn't work, it is useless.  Another priority is aesthetics, you've got to get your truck looking good.  Something that satisfies both looks and function, well that is a no-brainer and it goes straight on the truck.
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO)
    YES, is the short answer.  If money were no option, I'd always go for the top of the line products, however that not being the case I do a lot of research and reading of reviews.  If after all that research I feel a lower priced product will adequately perform the function desired, I'll give it a shot.
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?
    No, see #1 and #2 above.  If it doesn't function, it is useless.  That being said there are some accessories whose sole function is aesthetics, and if they nail-it then they has successfully met my criteria as being functional and may end up on the truck.

Yes in upgrading my off road lighting and suspension. 
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? No I purchase based on quality and durability of the product.  The reviews of the product are also very important. 
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks?  No quality and durability are the most important thing then look of the product. You need all to have a successful product. 

Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in?

-—yes I enjoy accessorizing my truck. I look for all of the above, the pieces have to look good and fit the overall theme of the vehicle. Price and quality are big things the product has to perform but be cost effective for what I’m trying to do.

Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO)

-no I would throughly check the reviews, i do t known if youve noticed but there’s never usually good reviews it’s usually people who have a negative experience.

Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?

-no the things I’m looking to purchase have to perform and do what they are mean to do

1.  Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in?

Yes, I have done basic "accessorizing" to all of my trucks. I tend to stick to more functional mods in which I can actually utilize to it's full potential. Basic stuff such as tow mirrors for a wide view, wheels because who doesn't like a nice set of aftermarket wheels, I did put a cap on over this past winter for those tall items which you are worried about getting let in the elements and for hunting season, even a CB radio. Plus much more.

2.  Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO)

No, I usually try to buy quality parts for my truck and other vehicles in the family. Although I do try to shy away from the cheaper alternative I usually try to find a "middle of the road" alternative with good, honest, reviews and an aggressive price point. Although I would love to put lights by Rigid on my truck I can not bring myself to shell out the extra cash for them. 

3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?

No, not at all. 

YES, I am very interested in accessories for my truck. I shop for quality first because I believe you really do get what you pay for. When I make a change I want to do it one time and enjoy it. Sacrificing quality leads to frustrations for a long time, then a second purchase for the quality product I should have purchased the first time to avoid frustrations and wasting money.
    However, my truck is bone stock and there are many changes I Would like to make, but I have higher priorities right now.
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? No, I shop for quality first.
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all? No, I see this all too often. I manage a Police cruiser up-fit shop and customers always try to be responsible with taxpayers money. So, they purchase cheap knock-off equipment and either have to replace it sooner or spend more on repairs. My recommendation, save until you can purchase the best quality product, buy it once and enjoy for a life time!

1.Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in?

Always interested... I look for quality and top reviews. GM does not make the new or older vehicle with everything that I would like, so accessorizing my vehicles to suite my tastes/wants/needs is always included with ownership. I try to read/educate myself on items before I purchase, so it usually takes me a while to buy..Also with so many vehicles, financing also influences the time to make purchases... 

2.  Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO)

Most of the time, no.  Usually price reflects the quality of the item.  Sometimes you take a chance, but the "dragon usually wins" so to speak.

3.  Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?

No. I’m more of a form follows function type of owner. Usually you don’t find out that the item does not work well or not work at all till after you purchase it… 

Thank you for the contest.

Andy

Waldorf Md.

1. Yes

Two top qualities are quality and looks, I have a GMC 2500 Denali and I don't want ugly junk on my truck.

2. I would absolutely NOT put a "cheaper" less quality product on my truck, I live in Michigan, the elements are very harsh and good quality equiptment can literally save your life!

3. Looks ARE important, but no, I WILL NOT waste my money on sub par equiptment.

Quality and overall useability.
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? No. Higher-end and better quality which goes back to useability.
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all? No, that would not be worth my time and money.

On 4/2/2018 at 10:46 AM, kickass audio said:
    Yes. I accessorize the truck to the point where it has the features I wish to have on my vehicle but not to the point where I am sinking money into a vehicle that I will never see back.
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? YES but only after reading reviews so that I can determine if it would be a high enough quality to justify saving the money.
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all? No.
  2. Yes if it makes it work better. 
  3. IF YES: What is your to top priority when choosing accessories for your truck? (Quality/Price/Look/Reviews)
  4. All of those items in () above depending on the product. Looks is at the bottom for me.
  5. IF NO:  Why not? (No time/money, inexperience, no vehicle)
  7. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO)
  8. No
  10. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?
  11. No

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:50 PM, Zane said:

Tires and lighting are at the top of my list of improvements.  Reviews and Quality are what I look for.
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products?             No.  Reviews and well known manufacturers are what I look to.
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?                    Again, no.  Looks don't determine quality and function.

The Sylvania Cube-X Giveaway Poll

Answer the following questions as honestly as you can. Please elaborate as much as you feel comfortable. These answers will be used as an informal marketing survey by Sylvania Automotive. 

1. Is accessorizing your truck something that you are currently interested and/or investing in? YES
    IF YES: What is your to top priority when choosing accessories for your truck? (Quality/Price/Look/Reviews) I am always looking to make my truck stand out and I am on a budget, But the ultimate goal is to look good/unique without spending a fortune. If there is something I really really want I will save up and spoil my truck.
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products? (YES or NO) YES, I do however make sure the return policy is good enough that if for whatever reason I wish to return the item then I will.
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all? I would have in my younger days, it usually means you throw away your money and are driving around with something that looks cool but does not work as it should.

16998094_967509521837_3183544242863848977_n.jpg

Yes! - Quality & Reviews are my # 1 Priority when choosing.
  2. Would you purchase something because it's priced cheaper, regardless of negative reviews, or options of higher-end, better quality products?                                                                                                                            No, I would have to go read the reviews before purchasing something cheaper.
  3. Would you purchase an accessory purely based on how it looks? Even if that means the product does not work well or may not work at all?                                                                                                                                     I can't say looks aren't important but not at the expense of wasting money on a poorly constructed product.

Archived