Zane

Like it or Love it? 2019 Chevy Blazer  

602 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2018 at 2:23 PM, MaverickZ71 said:

You said it.  BAD use of a badge that was once loved, in a vain attempt to generate some attention for yet another cookie-cutter unibody CUV.    

Had hopes for the new Blazer to be a worthy competitor to the new Ford Bronco and new Jeep Wrangler. 

But we went from big, tough, square, body-on-frame, deep off road capable, V8 engined SUV to what amounts to a jacked-up station wagon (Chevy Outback, anyone?) for the soccer moms and soy boys to drive to the mall.

True

• 2 weeks later...

We just came from an Acadia Denali and love the new Blazer RS! It has more options and was less money. Same drive train and has the Camaro feel to it. They have to go with what will sell not many people into off road anymore with land restrictions. 

My wife really likes her RS. It is fun to drive and well equipped. I just wish they would have came up with a different name and saved the Blazer name for a possible Colorado or Tahoe based off-road capable vehicle and not a crossover. 

F3F952FC-E321-48B3-B49D-7777A250200A.jpeg

• Like 1

They are pretty peppy.  The 2019 Chevrolet Blazer RS AWD and 2019 Chevrolet Blazer Premier AWD will do 0-60 in 6.2 and a quarter mile of 14.8. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I would say that most people that don't like the Blazer haven't driven one. I agree, it should have had a different name, this is not related to my old '70 K5 Blazer. Just purchased a '19 RS with 2,700 miles. We drove an Equinox and an Acadia Denali, The Blazer was head and shoulder above the others.

IMG-7247.jpg

IMG-7248.jpg

Edited by 383

So far Chrysler has been the only auto manufacturer that’s done right by old names. It seems the Cuda name has been resurrected, hummm. Chevy did ok with with the full size Malibu looking SS. The only problem was they loaded it up and made it costly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think GM did just fine with the blazer name. Heck the blazer hasn’t been a true off raider since the 70/80’s. Get over it. Most people don’t go true off roading, and those that take them off road aren’t hard core off roaders. The new blazer is awesome and fun to drive. It would be in my driveway if it had 3 rows.  Instead we got a fully loaded Acadia for lesser money. I truly enjoyed driving it on the test drive though. 

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Been looking for replacement suv for wife, something with good mpg, and good for Michigan Winters.  Currently has a GMC Terrain, it's okay, but winters here in the snow belt often requires 4x4.

Seen an add for the New Blazer, was excited (had a Blazer) there she goes instead of a Jeep. 

Went to Build one and All they had to choose from was FWD or AWD.

GM, a Michigan Based Corporation, dealing with Harse Michigan Winters, spending Millions of Dollars in Engineering cannot have the Common Sense or Foresight to offer a 4WD in a SUV, unbelievable.

Love my GM products all my life, (raised in Flint in 60's & 70's) 

but GM, Wake Up!