Leveling with Bilstein 5100

Hey all, 

I just received my complete set of 5100's for my 2015 Silverado 1500 LT. I'm looking to level the front with the back using only the adjustments on the front struts (leaving the stock blocks, etc...). Presently the struts are on the stock setting (1 of 4 notches). My question is, which notch should I set the circlip on, to get the front level with the back? My truck is mainly a city driver, so I'm not worried about nose lift when towing and such. Just want the nose level with the rear during my city driving. Your help is appreciated.

Notch 1 - Stock

Notch 2 - 0.75" (19mm) Average Lift

Notch 3 - 1.26" (32mm) Average Lift

Notch 4 - 1.85" (46mm) Average Lift

Thanks, 

Ant

Hey all, 

I just received my complete set of 5100's for my 2015 Silverado 1500 LT. I'm looking to level the front with the back using only the adjustments on the front struts (leaving the stock blocks, etc...). Presently the struts are on the stock setting (1 of 4 notches). My question is, which notch should I set the circlip on, to get the front level with the back? My truck is mainly a city driver, so I'm not worried about nose lift when towing and such. Just want the nose level with the rear during my city driving. Your help is appreciated.

Notch 1 - Stock

Thanks, 
Ant
The dealer told me it was 1.5 to level and if I wanted it to ride at the 2500 height, it would be 2.5 in the front, 1.5 in the back.

And as always... Enjoy your ride!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I tow so has anyone gone on the tallest notch on the front and 1 up from stock on the rear? Wonder what that would be like height wise and when towing? Or it appears the rears ones may not be adjustable. 

Edited by Paul_Aris

45 minutes ago, Paul_Aris said:

I tow so has anyone gone on the tallest notch on the front and 1 up from stock on the rear? Wonder what that would be like height wise and when towing? Or it appears the rears ones may not be adjustable. 

Rears are not adjustable but you'll likely want to install a complete set as the damping on them likely wouldn't match up with any other shocks.

When I installed mine the truck was about 1/4"-1/2" lower in the front than the rear.  When I would tow my boat, the rear would be about 1/2" lower than the front (measured at the center of the fender arch).

Mine are on the middle (1.25") notch.  It's - for me anyway - the right amount.  I'm staying stock on the tire size and I tow a 6000+ boat regularly so I was concerned about squat if I went up the full 2".   Ride is waaaaay better over the Ranchos....

Looks like this.....

43106829255_806f71d4fc_b.jpg

Edited by parthery

8 hours ago, agraves138 said:

Hey all, 

Notch 1 - Stock

Thanks, 

Ant

You have received some good responses.  Here is a link that will provide many more:

1 hour ago, parthery said:

Mine are on the middle (1.25") notch.  It's - for me anyway - the right amount.  I'm staying stock on the tire size and I tow a 6000+ boat regularly so I was concerned about squat if I went up the full 2".   Ride is waaaaay better over the Ranchos....

Looks like this.....

43106829255_806f71d4fc_b.jpg

I like this look. Would you say the ride is better unloaded around rough town/city driving? Also, have you noticed any difference in wear on your front tires?

• Like 1

No comparison the ride is better.  The truck bucked like a bronco over freeway expansion joints, speed bumps, etc...  with the Ranchos.   

The truck has 39K on it.  The tires went on at 35K....and the shocks went on about 1000 miles ago.  Too early to tell yet on the wear.  I did have the front end aligned again after the 5100s were installed.  

Edited by parthery

3rd notch got me 1.5”. I left rear alone and have 1.5. 2” of rake. I hook up my 400lb tounge weight trailer and its level. I want some rake so I’m not nose high when hauling or towing. 

Heres a pic with 250 - 300 lbs of stock wheels and tires in bed. 

CCF14239-5C0E-4838-B837-F12A3903428A.jpeg

Edited by 2009GMC
  • Like 1