Chevy Ships FIrst 4500HD, 5500HD, 6500HD Silverados

Gorehamj

SilveradoHD20.JPG

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
12-20-2018

Chevrolet Silverado 4500HD, 5500HD and 6500HD chassis cab trucks are on their way to dealers and third-party upfitters. The first medium-duty production Silverados headed off the production line and onto delivery trucks today. “When we decided to get back into the medium-duty segment, we were determined to build the truck our customers have been asking for,” said Ed Peper, U.S. vice president, GM Fleet. “We listened to the needs of fleet managers, truck drivers, technicians and dealers to design a truck that’s easy to upfit, easy to drive, easy to service and easy to own.”

The new trucks feature straight frame rails with no fasteners or other obstructions, which will enable upfitters to more easily adapt the cargo packages. 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 8:12 PM, Silverado4x4 said:

I like the frontend of that, wish the new 2020 2500HD frontend looked like that then the ugly ass front its coming out with. That new 2020 HD front will push me over to a 2500 Ram because Chevy HD is just flat out ugly.

I have to agree with you on that, just seen them the other day and they really are ugly. But , thats my opinion. I have a friend who thinks otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...