Airlift airbag system

I've already installed the load lifter 5000 air bags. My compressor came in today and will be installing it tomorrow morning. So far I can say I really like how the air bags mounted in the trail boss. I should have a short review tomorrow after the pump install as I'll be towing a 6000ib tractor for a quick job at my buddies house

20190130_153911.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thewhitestallion said:

Nice! I was wanting to get that exact set up soon. If you don't mind sharing, how much did you pay for it? From where I found it online the cheapest I found was if I remember correctly was like $700 - $800. Also it does not come in a kit with both the bags and pump you have to buy separately. 

That is correct you have to buy separately. i have $1000 in my setup. i bought the airlifter 5000 ultimate plus air bags which come with all stainless hardware. your supposed to be able to run these with no air pressure in the bags unloaded. the compressor system i bought was $500 as well. i wanted the heavy duty compressor and it only came with the ez-mount bracket. the pump is wireless operating though. you can definitely save a couple hundred bucks by getting the base system though.

Edited by Unclebud87

Pump is installed. Took longer than expected mainly due to where I located the pump. I couldn't fit a drill there to make the 2 holes i needed. As far as if they work i must say I like them. Hooked up my 26foot equipment trailer and 6000ish ib tractor behind it and pulled just fine. I ran 50ibs of air in the bags so everything sat level. Didn't have any of the bouncing I experienced the last time I pulled the tractor.

Screenshot_20190131-184905_Gallery.thumb.jpg.ee244f1e89c6e37e0df76fe6142e7ea3.jpg

Sweet setup! I don’t tow enough to warrant the need for airbags but if I ever get a trailer I’d for sure look into it more. Thanks for posting the info up.

How long does it take to fill or empty the bags?

1 hour ago, FirstAscent said:

Sweet setup! I don’t tow enough to warrant the need for airbags but if I ever get a trailer I’d for sure look into it more. Thanks for posting the info up.

How long does it take to fill or empty the bags?

Probably about 30 seconds to a minute to fill the bags.Depends on how much pressure your wanting. Emptying the bags takes like 5 seconds.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/1/2019 at 11:42 AM, flowbytwo said:

Longer term update? How have these been working out for you? Considering pulling the trigger on this same upgrade, perhaps with the auto-level sensor upgrade too. 

Bags are fine. I haven't towed anything heavy with it lately but it does still work lol. I saw the auto level setup and honestly i don't think its worth the extra money. Once the trailers loaded and you pick your psi you want its very easy to bump it up 5-10psi if you think its being a little to bouncy.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...