Leaf springs inserts any good?

My 2017 Denali rides rough when pulling my bumper pull camper and since it has Magna Ride shocks I can’t use most options. 

Torklift brand inserts between the leaf springs and the overload spring has been recommended as the solution but is expensive.  Do any of you have experience with this method?  It looks like a simple solution but I would hate to spend over $300 for something that won’t fix my problem. 

• 3 weeks later...

I added a single full size leaf as well. I put it under the top leaf (the one with the eyelets). I went to a truck spring shop, had them look up the specs for my suspension. They looked it up in a few seconds, went into their shop, cut, drilled and arched the two leaves in a matter of minutes. IIRC- I paid $60ish for the two leaves. The leaves are not thick, short add a leaf springs, they are of the correct spring rate to match the OEM 1500 suspension. I’ve had them in the spring pack since very early on. It didn’t make the ride feel stiffer. I do t think you would be able to tell the difference in ride quality. It did however, increase the load capability by decreasing the amount it would sag under load in the bed, compared to a +/- matching 2016 Silverado 1500 when loaded with ten bags of Portland cement. It wasn’t a huge difference. But, you could see it and I will bet you could feel it.

When the truck was having its lift kit installed, it added a small additional step in the process. It did add about 1-1 1/8inches to the height of my rear end.  3/8” due to the actual thickness of the spring  and the rest from lack of sag in the unloaded bed.

The replacement U-bolts that came with the lift kit accomplished dated the extra thickness of the spring pack without any issue. With the increased capacity of the coil overs included in my lift, I’m glad that I toughened up the rear springs somewhat as well. Rather than just going height with a block alone.

i can’t say whether this had any effect on it or not. But, my truck has never exhibited the “Chevy Shake”. I don’t think I will ever lift another truck without beefing up the rear spring pack at least a little. 

Can you guys add links to the products you referenced?

Edited by Darksky