Would you buy an electric Chevy today? What about an electric GMC?

Are you ready to buy an electric truck?  

1,054 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Those people don’t care about that. All they see is their car produces zero emissions and they are better than everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one is better than anyone else, some have more but that doesn’t make them better.

da8287cbb3d611ccc388e104e718855a.jpg

Sent from Above

No one is better than anyone else, some have more but that doesn’t make them better.

da8287cbb3d611ccc388e104e718855a.jpg

Sent from Above

You are correct. Let me clarify. They “think” they are better. Especially where I live.

• Like 1

Some place I see electric cars being useful is suburban travel. I live 15 miles from the nearest town and would find this transport effective for these short hauls. Take the majority of wear and tear out of the Silverado/Buick.  

But a working truck...yea....don't think so. Long haul vehicle. Nope. What has kept me from buying something like the Chevy Bolt is the fact that this ugly little coffin box cost more than my Buick LaCrosse. I can buy two Honda Civics for that price and drive them longer than I will live. Hoop jumps for tax credits and rebates. 

Someone riddle me this. Why are the practical electrics such UGLY cars. Is it cheaper to make an UGLY car/truck? 

Edited by Grumpy Bear
Spelling
  • Like 4

You are correct. Let me clarify. They “think” they are better. Especially where I live.

That’s just because they’re insecure and need a pat on the back for buying something that not accepted within society. Believe me, I’m around it all the time. I Knowingly offend tree huggers all the time and believe me, they need us much more than we need them. So, with that said, I’d wave at them and make sure they hear me well when I say “yeah, good luck with that”!

Sent from Above
  • Like 1

Some place I see electric cars being useful is suburban travel. I life 15 miles from the nearest town and would find this transport effective for these short hauls. Take the majority of wear and tear out of the Silverado/Buick.  

But a working truck...yea....don't think so. Long haul vehicle. Nope. What has kept me from buying something like the Chevy Bolt is the fact that this ugly little coffin box cost more than my Buick LaCrosse. I can buy two Honda Civics for that price and drive them longer than I will live. Hoop jumps for tax credits and rebates. 

Someone riddle me this. Why are the practical electrics such UGLY cars. Is it cheaper to make an UGLY car/truck? 

I’d “ONLY” buy one if it looked like this or similar:

e72f92e7b3b253cedc73cf6db49749fa.plist

with everything my truck offers and more.

Sent from Above

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Some place I see electric cars being useful is suburban travel. I live 15 miles from the nearest town and would find this transport effective for these short hauls. Take the majority of wear and tear out of the Silverado/Buick.  

Yep I couldn't handle the lack of range when I want to get away from suburbia.  In all honesty an electric would be perfect for all of my uses except when I go on road trips.  Your ugly little coffin box is pretty much any car and small SUV for me so they HAVE to come out with a pickup before I could even consider driving one.  Even then I would still have to stick with a 2500/3500 because anything less is a little coffin box and I can't compensate with them.

They are ugly because we are used to seeing grills and they are also built to be as aerodynamic as possible.  That's my theory anyway.

Edited by Chevyguy85

The only problem I have with an electric vehicle is that there is nothing right now comparable to my Tahoe. If GM made the Tahoe, Yukon or Escalade electric with 400 mile range I would consider it. But we all know it’s not going to happen in the near future. And the price tag would be astronomical. I only commute 8 miles each way and my office has free electric charging so it would make sense to get an electric vehicle but I travel with the family a lot in the summer and over breaks. This summer I drove 7k miles just for vacations and had to haul all this stuff. Don’t think it would fit in an electric vehicle. Maybe a model 3. I don’t know. But what I do know is I like to be high driving down the road. Traveling up and down I95 trucks are everywhere. Just my .02

1590b9d1b3e74446e028c547b192cdc9.jpg

• Like 2

The only problem I have with an electric vehicle is that there is nothing right now comparable to my Tahoe. If GM made the Tahoe, Yukon or Escalade electric with 400 mile range I would consider it. But we all know it’s not going to happen in the near future. And the price tag would be astronomical. I only commute 8 miles each way and my office has free electric charging so it would make sense to get an electric vehicle but I travel with the family a lot in the summer and over breaks. This summer I drove 7k miles just for vacations and had to haul all this stuff. Don’t think it would fit in an electric vehicle. Maybe a model 3. I don’t know. But what I do know is I like to be high driving down the road. Traveling up and down I95 trucks are everywhere. Just my .02

1590b9d1b3e74446e028c547b192cdc9.jpg

Absolutely agree, hopefully automobile companies start to think big. The US Government should get involved, cutting costs as a means to kickstart this program like they give incentives for solar etc

Sent from Above

22 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Not fake news, I didn’t ever think about it either. I’m involved and work with the TCEQ (Texas commission environmental quality) and HGAC (Houston Galveston area Council) along with others, seen all the reports, from dangerous bacteria and wash off from storm water. We’ve physically tested water quality and we’re shocked to find the amount of hydrocarbons found in a cup of water that’s floating into watersheds and coastal waters. Think of it this way, where do you think everything on the street washes off to? Storm Water channels and eventually into watersheds.

https://www.harvestingrainwater.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/HCP-IQ-Test_with_credits_SHORT.pdf

Sent from Above

It also bubbles up right out of the sea floor, in fact more of it enters the environment naturally than by man.  So what?  It's natural, not a pollutant.

Growing up in Fort Lauderdale, the beaches used to have patches a tar (oil) that would get our feet all dirty while walking the beach but this did not affect sea life offshore.  However, it was near the mouths of the inlets where I routinely saw fish with lesions and growths and was told at the time that this was caused by lawn fertilizers.  They've lied so much I don't believe anything they say anymore without investigating it for myself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1