2014 GMC Sierra problems after jump starting a car

I jumo started a car with my 2014 GMC Sierra. While jumping it I noticed that I couldnt press the accelerator to give it more juice. I unhooked the cables and realized that the powersteering and the accelerator would not work at all. I turned my truck off and then back on ,but the problems were still there. I now cannot get my truck to even attempt to turn over, but the battery and fuses have been checked and are good. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

You may have fried any of your electrical components. Don’t ever jump start anyone with a modern car it always risks your electronics. You’ll need to take your truck for diagnostic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Imcrazy said:

You may have fried any of your electrical components. Don’t ever jump start anyone with a modern car it always risks your electronics. You’ll need to take your truck for diagnostic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.

Lesson learned the hard way.

This.
Lesson learned the hard way.

Sad but, true I was almost victim to this on my old truck. Never knew it wasn’t safe to jump people. Bought a noco jumper pack and keep it charged up in the back seat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have to follow the steps in the OM exactly of you risk what happened to you.

7. Connect the red positive (+) cable to the positive (+) terminal of the vehicle with the dead battery. 8. Do not let the other end touch metal. Connect it to the positive (+) terminal of the good battery. Use a remote positive (+) terminal if the vehicle has one. 9. Connect the black negative (−) cable to the negative (−) terminal of the good battery. Use a remote negative (−) terminal if the vehicle has one. Do not let the other end touch anything until the next step. 10. Connect the other end of the negative (−) cable. 4.3L Shown, 5.3L and 6.2L Similar ‐ To the metal bracket that is bolted to the engine and supports the resonator, on the vehicle with the dead battery

Jumper Cable Removal Reverse the sequence exactly when removing the jumper cables. After starting the disabled vehicle and removing the jumper cables, allow it to idle for several minutes.

These little things will not properly jump start a gas or diesel V8 engine and it's low voltage can cause damage.

spacer.png

You need a REAL jump box, something like this:

It is important to look at the number of required cranking amps (CA) before buying a jump starter, That’s especially true in a diesel engine, which is harder to start. The required CA varies with the size and/or type of the engine which you are looking to jump-start. If insufficient, you won’t be able to start your engine no matter how hard you try. Today we’re looking at the best portable jump starters for diesel engines.

Diesel Engines have a bigger compression figure than Petrol Engines. So, they require a significantly greater number of CA than gasoline engines of the same size. According to an estimate, diesel engines require double cranking current than the petrol engine of the same size

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000KPSA0W/ref=as_li_ss_il?ie=UTF8&linkCode=li3&tag=turbogadgetre-20&linkId=e065bf83c7d6a105b4618a84a8f6a62c&language=en_US&th=1

Have to follow the steps in the OM exactly of you risk what happened to you.

7. Connect the red positive (+) cable to the positive (+) terminal of the vehicle with the dead battery. 8. Do not let the other end touch metal. Connect it to the positive (+) terminal of the good battery. Use a remote positive (+) terminal if the vehicle has one. 9. Connect the black negative (−) cable to the negative (−) terminal of the good battery. Use a remote negative (−) terminal if the vehicle has one. Do not let the other end touch anything until the next step. 10. Connect the other end of the negative (−) cable. 4.3L Shown, 5.3L and 6.2L Similar ‐ To the metal bracket that is bolted to the engine and supports the resonator, on the vehicle with the dead battery
Jumper Cable Removal Reverse the sequence exactly when removing the jumper cables. After starting the disabled vehicle and removing the jumper cables, allow it to idle for several minutes.
Is the truck running during this process.? I would assume so.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Mozzer said:

Is the truck running during this process.? I would assume so.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

Sorry, did not include that part:

11. Start the vehicle with the good battery and run the engine for a while. 12. Try to start the vehicle that had the dead battery. If it will not start after a few tries, it probably needs service.

This is done after cables are connected.