2014 GMC Sierra & 2014 Chevrolet Silverado High Resolution Detaled

2018GMC

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that really a soft covered dash in the SLE?

I was just wondering that too. I saw the stitching in a few pics yesterday & forgot to ask about it.

You can see it on the steering wheel and on both the front & rear door armrests too!!

Both trucks in the pictures appear to have manual tilt & telescope steering columns. There are also electric tilt and telescope steering columns that should be available also. The lever on the left side of the column is replaced with a 4 way top hat (column up & down, column in and out).

Both designs look sharp to me. The retro front end on the Silverado is great, and will be very appealing once folks get past the change. The Sierra exterior is a bit of an exaggeration of the current model. The front protrudes, and the side flares are more "cut". Between the two, the Silverado interior catches my interest the most, simply because they went with greenish back lighting and and whitish gauges. I just don't care for the older Pontiac "red" displays, but I understand that it's very popular in sports and European cars.

The one thing that hasn't been mentioned, is that it's almost certain the new engines will use the newer engine and transmission control systems (Global A?). If so, I bet they'll have "counters" that track tuning...

After giving it a few days to sink in, the new trucks are starting to grow on me. Though I will be keeping my '08 a while longer due to financial situations and because it is paid off, I might consider getting one of these about the time the next generation comes out.

Archived