Do any of you having this problem have trucks with recent build dates?

My build date is 10/15. Ive only had the truck a week, but I took it on the hwy yesterday to see if I had any vibration. Set the cruise to 70, smooth. Cruise at 75, smooth. 79-80, smooth.

I'm sorry for those of you having this problem.

Edited by haider320
  • Like 2

Ok! I've been following this thread for a month or a couple of days after purchasing my Sierra. Yes, I have the vibration at 70mph +. I like others are (maybe) loyal to GM and have purchased many products with no issues. This is ridiculous for a 50k vehicle.

The truck has been to the dealer once and as others they did a road force balance after I referred to this forum. No dice still vibrates at HW speed. An appointment is scheduled to bring it back for further investigation.

I feel the same as most here, I want answers and don't plan on playing the game five or six times to fix the problem. Guess I need to spin up on the lemon laws. The first time the vibration started it was significant enough for me to pull over and inspect the truck, I thought the lug nuts were loose on one of the front tires.

Again I can't put into words how disappointed I am. I sold my corvette GS for this vibrating truck.

On another note is anyone else not satisfied with the Bose system, the Corvette system was great, not the same in the truck, larger cab maybe?

2014 GMC Sierra

4X4 short box crew

20" wheels

I find it funny that I too have had a light aluminum trailer with a 600 lb snowmobile on it and it had a horrible vibration. I put a small camper on it that weighs much more and it was just the normal vibration I alway experience. I never had a vibration from the snowmobile trailer in the past with my old truck.

Edited by Silver Spaceship

Update:

Looking at my paper work last night, the service manager wrote "no vibration present at this time, let customer go". This even after he road with me, confirmed the vibration, told me they were getting tons of these complaints, and that he was trying to get GM involved.

This goes to show how the dealers and auto makers with do what ever possible to avoid spending money or addressing issues. I just spent 13 months fighting an 2012 F150 with the dreaded Ecoboost problem. Truck constantly misfired and shut down on me, sent the official buy back or replacement letter and they got their lawyer involved and had the Field Service Engineer state that nothing was wrong with the truck even though it had been in the shop 9 times at two different dealers and was well documented.

The auto industry is one of the most corrupt and scam oriented businesses in America.

Update:

2014 Silverado 1500 2WD LT CREW

Build Date 8/13 In MEXICO

Goodyear LS2 275/55 R20

5.3L V8

3.42 Rear Axle

I also believe it to be the tires as GM/Goodyears's spec of 26lbs Road force is extremely high, especially on this new suspension. My new tire that was put on was 8lbs and I believe all 4 should be below 10lbs for a smooth ride from the research I have done.

I haven't drove mine enough to be completely sure what it is, but I sometimes feel and hear a high speed vibration or maybe more like a hum. Seems to come and go when its lugging just right. Doesn't matter if its in V4 or V8 mode. As soon as it drops down a gear it stops.Thought maybe the exhaust system vibrating maybe. It's not the tires. I told the dealer to let me know if he hears about any bulletins etc. Not really not bad. I'm going to drive it some more before I do anything.

I'm curious as well. I'm not sure if it is a tire. My truck has a horrible vibration now at anything over 60 mph. I have a 6" lift with 35" tires. Had one tire replaced and balanced several times to no Avail. It feels like something in the front of the truck but I can feel it in the steering wheel and the seat. Hell, I can feel it in the floor sometimes. Going to see if I can get the dealer to swap the pro comp tires for some toyo open country just to eliminate one variable.

Update:

2014 Silverado 1500 2WD LT CREW

Build Date 8/13 In MEXICO

Goodyear LS2 275/55 R20

5.3L V8

3.42 Rear Axle

I also believe it to be the tires as GM/Goodyears's spec of 26lbs Road force is extremely high, especially on this new suspension. My new tire that was put on was 8lbs and I believe all 4 should be below 10lbs for a smooth ride from the research I have done.

Actually, 26 lbs road force variation is quite acceptable for a truck tire. It would be a bit high for a car tire, but it is in the acceptable range for a light truck tire. Not the best of course, but should not cause any serious issues. I have had several tires on my Impala that were in the 15 lbs range and the car rode perfectly smooth once the tires were properly balanced.

The GSP9700 road force measurement default limits for P-metric tires is 26 lbs and LT tires

is 39 lbs. These default limits should be considered only as specified guidelines. They are based

on recommendations from many OE vehicle and tire manufacturers and are a conservative average.

Limits are used with the GSP9700 as a point of reference so that diagnostic messages guide the

operator in decision making processes.

Edited by pm26

A lot of shops would rotate the tire on the wheel when it requires that much. Buy some good tires and get a good balance. Then one will know for sure and take away a least one variable in the vibration problem.

Update:

The dealer I purchased the truck from called to check on my service and I explained the continuing issue, my frustration and that I had an appointment to get new Michelin LTX m/s2 later that day out of my own pocket. They had me bring my truck back in and gave me a loaner. On the two hour drive home this loaner truck had the same issue. The best test I had was a 20 miles section of brand new asphalt and a speed limit of 75mph. The entire 20 miles I could feel the vibration at 75 and experienced a very poor ride quality. I have driven much older vehicles down this stretch of road recently and the ride was much much smoother. I will keep everyone posted on what the dealer comes back with.

Loaner truck specs:

2014 Silverado 1500 Crew same as mine

Build Date: 8/13 Mexico same as mine

v6 engine different than mine

rear axle: unknown

20 inch wheels same as mine

275/55 R20 Goodyear Eagle LS2 Tires same as mine