I agree this really is maddening. Every time I drive my truck, I am looking for a certain sweet spot or combination of things to mitigate the vibration.

I encourage all people having vibrations to file a complaint on the NHTSA site for the Silverado.

This can help make your voice heard other than a forum.

• Like 1

This email is to confirm we received your vehicle complaint submitted to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Thank you for this public service as it is through actions like yours that together we can save lives on America's roadways.

Your tracking number assigned by NHTSA for this issue is 10749793. Please keep this number for your records and for future reference. Once your complaint has been processed, you will be able to view it online and find any related documents. Please allow two business days for NHTSA to review your complaint.

What happens next?

Your complaint will be reviewed by NHTSA technical staff and entered into our database. If any additional information is needed, a NHTSA investigator will contact you.

Every complaint is taken seriously, reviewed in detail and analyzed for defects trends. Your complaint is important because it helps to inform NHTSA, other vehicle owners and manufacturers about potential safety concerns. Such information helps save lives, and we encourage you to share the resources available at www.SaferCar.gov with your family, friends and others in your community.

Will my vehicle be recalled?

When a manufacturer or NHTSA determines that a car or item of motor vehicle equipment creates an unreasonable risk to safety or fails to meet minimum safety standards, the manufacturer is required to fix that car or equipment. That can be done by repairing it, replacing it, offering a refund (for equipment) or, in rare cases, repurchasing the car.

If your vehicle is included in a recall, the manufacturer will contact you. Sign up to receive recall email alerts from NHTSA if there's ever a recall involving your vehicle.

If you have any other questions regarding your complaint, please contact NHTSA's Office of Defects Investigation:

• Phone: 888-327-4236, Monday-Friday, 8:00AM to 8:00PM EST(Spanish-speaking representatives available)

TTY: 888-424-9153

(Please have your ODI number referenced above available.)

• Email: http://www.nhtsa.gov/Contact

(Please indicate your ODI Number referenced above in the contact form.)

Thank you for contacting us and playing a critical role in helping to keep our roads safe.

I guess the only problem with this type of complaint, and what lemon law typically applies to, is they always refer to "unreasonable risk" or "safety" or "minimum safety standards". It probably gets argued by GM and government agencies that for the most part, vibration is not considered "unreasonable risk" or "safety" or "minimum safety standards". Perhaps if it is so severe that steering or stability becomes impaired, it could be considered, but that might end up being the exception rather than the norm.

This is what makes it difficult to fight.

I guess the only problem with this type of complaint, and what lemon law typically applies to, is they always refer to "unreasonable risk" or "safety" or "minimum safety standards". It probably gets argued by GM and government agencies that for the most part, vibration is not considered "unreasonable risk" or "safety" or "minimum safety standards". Perhaps if it is so severe that steering or stability becomes impaired, it could be considered, but that might end up being the exception rather than the norm.

This is what makes it difficult to fight.

I understand what you are saying but this at least gets our complaints on file with an agency with a hell of a lot more power that you or I.

Plus, vibration in the steering wheel can mean lack of stability! That could be safety if it is ball joints. Ask Dodge about that one!

That would at least put that defect trend in front of analysts at NHTSA who would be required to review with GM, the ball could get rolling.

I say just ensure you test drive very well before buying. They do not all have this problem. Mine runs, drives and handles very well. So that means there is hope for potential buyers such as yourself. This thread is very troubling and I feel for the buyers that have this issue. I know it would drive me mad if I spent so much money for something that gives me trouble.

Test driving is not the answer. I test drove 9 trucks before settling on my current 2015 replacement truck that I got after going through the BBB process with a 2014 truck. It drove great during the test drive and I didn't notice any vibrations. 1000 miles later, all of the same vibration problems the 2014 had started showing up on the 2015.

Granted GM caved in, and gave me a free new truck...but the time wasted taking the truck in multiple times gets very annoying very fast.

I feel that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE TRUCKS have vibration problems. Some people just do not notice it, or never drive at higher speeds to discover it. I've driven around 10-11 of these (lost count) and every single one has had vibration issues.

Test driving is not the answer. I test drove 9 trucks before settling on my current 2015 replacement truck that I got after going through the BBB process with a 2014 truck. It drove great during the test drive and I didn't notice any vibrations. 1000 miles later, all of the same vibration problems the 2014 had started showing up on the 2015.

Granted GM caved in, and gave me a free new truck...but the time wasted taking the truck in multiple times gets very annoying very fast.

I feel that EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE TRUCKS have vibration problems. Some people just do not notice it, or never drive at higher speeds to discover it. I've driven around 10-11 of these (lost count) and every single one has had vibration issues.

We as well have driven 7 Sierra SLTs and a total of four Silverados. All 1500s, al with 20s. We finally found ONE that has *almost* no vibrations. The guy at this dealership said they all do it plain and and simple. He blamed it on the front ends being too light. Granted I think certain trucks like mine have way bigger issues because it's a freakin mess now. Something is bound to fall off. Hopefully giving this one back and picking up our new replacement next week!! ? we're prepared for it to vibrate down the road sadly enough, hopefully the new truck can be fixed with tires if it happens!

If they weren't mounted on my truck I would be happy to take a photo but they are hub centric and have a lip that your wheel sits on. Also I had huge concerns about modifying my truck as well and that's why at the end of the day had a shop do it for me?

Nice truck, I thought about going with a 6" lift but can't get myself to start cutting things off the frame of a truck with a 100000 mile warranty. I thought about going back to my factory 20's with wheels spacers but had a bad experience with them on my last truck. I looked at the trailsport like you have on yours. The picture of them online looks like they're hubcentric about the hub pilot but I don't see a machined lip on them to pilot the rim onto the adapter is this case, or do the center on the hub and center the wheel as well? Thanks in advanced for the info.

I got a call from the service Mgr at the GMC dealership today after complaining to the Sales Mgr. I have been told that my truck falls into the acceptable range for GM and that there is nothing else they can do for me. I was also told by the service mgr that he understood because he had a 2015 Sierra done the same thing but GM was refusing to do anything further as long as the Pico gauge showed a certain range.

I find it very WRONG that we now have to rely upon a measuring device to judge what is acceptable when I our Butt says something different. I have asked for GM contact info so that I can carry this to the next level as I find this answer completely unacceptable.

I got a call from the service Mgr at the GMC dealership today after complaining to the Sales Mgr. I have been told that my truck falls into the acceptable range for GM and that there is nothing else they can do for me. I was also told by the service mgr that he understood because he had a 2015 Sierra done the same thing but GM was refusing to do anything further as long as the Pico gauge showed a certain range.

I find it very WRONG that we now have to rely upon a measuring device to judge what is acceptable when I our Butt says something different. I have asked for GM contact info so that I can carry this to the next level as I find this answer completely unacceptable.

I would go to another dealership. If you truly have a vibration issue, the dealership should recognize that and act appropriately.

Many of us have gone all the way, taken the truck in 4 times for the same issue, done the BBB process, and forced GM to buy the truck back or do an MSRP to MSRP trade. It is important to have a dealership that will actually try to fix the problem.

Maybe that's what they're doing now...telling dealerships NOT to fix the trucks...tell owners that all trucks do that and it is normal. That way you never get to 4 service visits and can never complete the steps necessary to get help from the BBB.

That would be my guess as well about the stopping the 4 visits for the same issue. The only thing that really amazes me is the service mgr has a 15 truck and he understands my issue seemingly but GM just don't seem to have a fix and are now saying that is normal operation for the truck.

I will see where this leads me but it is really going to be difficult to deal with this on a daily basis driving 30-40000 per year

This email is to confirm we received your vehicle complaint submitted to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Thank you for this public service as it is through actions like yours that together we can save lives on America's roadways.

Your tracking number assigned by NHTSA for this issue is 10749793. Please keep this number for your records and for future reference. Once your complaint has been processed, you will be able to view it online and find any related documents. Please allow two business days for NHTSA to review your complaint.

What happens next?

Your complaint will be reviewed by NHTSA technical staff and entered into our database. If any additional information is needed, a NHTSA investigator will contact you.

Every complaint is taken seriously, reviewed in detail and analyzed for defects trends. Your complaint is important because it helps to inform NHTSA, other vehicle owners and manufacturers about potential safety concerns. Such information helps save lives, and we encourage you to share the resources available at www.SaferCar.gov with your family, friends and others in your community.

Will my vehicle be recalled?

When a manufacturer or NHTSA determines that a car or item of motor vehicle equipment creates an unreasonable risk to safety or fails to meet minimum safety standards, the manufacturer is required to fix that car or equipment. That can be done by repairing it, replacing it, offering a refund (for equipment) or, in rare cases, repurchasing the car.

If your vehicle is included in a recall, the manufacturer will contact you. Sign up to receive recall email alerts from NHTSA if there's ever a recall involving your vehicle.

If you have any other questions regarding your complaint, please contact NHTSA's Office of Defects Investigation:

• Phone: 888-327-4236, Monday-Friday, 8:00AM to 8:00PM EST(Spanish-speaking representatives available)

TTY: 888-424-9153

(Please have your ODI number referenced above available.)

• Email: http://www.nhtsa.gov/Contact

(Please indicate your ODI Number referenced above in the contact form.)

Thank you for contacting us and playing a critical role in helping to keep our roads safe.

I would not be surprised if the NHTSA has been paid off handsomely by GM to bury the vibration complaints. Back in 1999, I filed a complaint with the NHTSA regarding the very sloppy and erratic steering on my 97' GMC. The steering wheel would violently jerk out of your hands while making a nice sweeping turn at about 45 mph. I counted thousands of complaints on the NHTSA website. Nada....not one TSB or Recall issued by GM.

Edited by 97SierraSLT

Has anyone ordered the "all-terrain" tire upgrade option? The $200 one? If so, what tires did you get instead of the crappy Goodyear Wrangler SRA tires?

I am currently in a dispute with my dealership because my truck has the $200 all terrain tire option, but it was delivered to me with Goodyear Wrangler SRA tires.

What is even fishier, is that my SPARE tire is an actual upgraded tire! It is a Goodyear Wrangler HP tire. Does that make any sense?

Did they pull a switcheroo on me? I bet what happened was that they had complaints about vibrations, took the HP tires off my truck since it was sitting on the lot, put them on another customers truck, and put their crappy SRAs on my truck.