Ok im back from a few posts above. They replaced all 4 SRAs with new SRAs....... but the stock ones were way out of spec new were well within. Took the advisor and head tech out who said it was fixed. Was much better but 75 to 80 still the intermittant console to butt cheeks to steering wheel and it walks between the 3. Took it 8 miles. They were silent and said take it and we will do more resarch w GM and call me.

Okay so I know I've posted a couple "what if" questions that yall have answered but I have a couple more.

I said before that the tech would not drive above 70 bc he wasn't comfortable and said he didn't feel any vibes. Well I really notice the vibes at 75+ now that I've been doing some more highway driving. What if I go and tell my service writer that I'll drive the truck to 80 to let them feel the vibrations, but what if he says his tech doesn't feel comfortable at that point? I'm kind of stuck at that point.

Also, what if they do ride with me and still say they don't feel it or I get the "operating as designed" speech? What to do at this point? Go to a different dealer? After I go through my two main dealers and I'm still having the issue I may just give up and trade it in

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

then go to the service manager... see if that helps... if not then open a ticket with corporate try those first in order... don't be an arse... just explain and be level headed... let them tell you no... then when you open the call with corporate let them know... they can arrange a different dealer... To bad you aren't in MN I would recommend a place to go

Ok im back from a few posts above. They replaced all 4 SRAs with new SRAs....... but the stock ones were way out of spec new were well within. Took the advisor and head tech out who said it was fixed. Was much better but 75 to 80 still the intermittant console to butt cheeks to steering wheel and it walks between the 3. Took it 8 miles. They were silent and said take it and we will do more resarch w GM and call me.

did they have a pico computer? if so did they put it on? if not then you won't get far fast... I know i repeat myself but it worked for me... that got my rearend fixed and then all the tires below 6lbs of RF... and it is now my smoothest vehicle I own.

Mine did the same, we road forced the tires 2 weeks ago. It was much better.

Now it feels like it is back. How does that happen?

If it was bad rear end, it would immediately vibrate after a RF balance.

How can properly RF tires eliminate a vibe only to return in a 2 week time span? What software feature on these trucks controls the ride? Stabilitrak? Traction Control? Smooth road shake compensation?

Which one actively monitors for tire balance? Hint: Smooth road shake compensation!

I still think that is the culprit. Read the below again:

The belt-driven electric power steering system features an integrated electromechanical power steering unit, containing the power steering control module, its sensors, the power steering motor, a belt drive and a ball nut mechanism.

The power steering control module is part of the power steering assist motor assembly and is replaceable as a complete unit independent of the steering gear assembly. The torque sensor is integrated with the steering gear pinion and is serviced as part of the steering gear.

The power steering control module has a software feature referred to as Smooth Road Shake Compensation that reduces steering wheel vibration caused by an imbalance from the front tire/wheel assemblies. The vibration transmitted to the steering wheel is referred to as Smooth Road Shake and is a phenomenon that occurs only at highway speeds and on smooth roads. The power steering control module employs active controls to sense and reduce the periodic torque component applied to the steering wheel caused by the wheel imbalance force. This software feature will compensate for a specific range of imbalance.

In addition to smooth road shake, road crown is compensated for by the steering wheel angle sensor signal, which calculates the intended driving direction. The Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) receives serial data message inputs from the steering wheel angle sensor.

The steering wheel angle sensor does not require centering often. However, if the steering wheel angle sensor is not correctly centered it may create a lead/pull condition. If this condition is encountered, always perform the Steering Angle Sensor Centering procedure in SI before performing a wheel alignment

I can't take a 12k hit, If I did, I'd have to increase the size of my current loan, which isn't going to happen. If I could have gotten basically the same truck without the increase I would have done it just to get rid of the thing.

I can't take a 12k hit, If I did, I'd have to increase the size of my current loan, which isn't going to happen. If I could have gotten basically the same truck without the increase I would have done it just to get rid of the thing.

I don't blame you one bit , I had to take a about half of that hit on my trade and it hurt .

Well after my 3rd visit to the dealership my problem also still isnt solved.. My issues are

Vibration at 70-80mph

Vibration on hard acceleration from dead stop

Nasty vibration for a split second when going from v-4 to v-8 at lower speeds and also a clunk when letting off the gas...

They gave me the whole "we got a new laser wheel balancer and thats what the issue is" i let them think that was the problem and they balanced the wheels and the vibration is still the same.. I also was told that "the vibration on hard accel is normal and there was no problem found". I took the service manager for a ride to verify the vibration. He said gm says it normal. They wouldnt document that there were any vibrations on the invoice because "GM" wont allow them too.. And that a guy named steve from GM will be contacting me... So he basically told me im screwed and there wiping there hands of the issue.. Wish i had the money for a lawyer.. This is a complete crock of $hit.. How can it be this hard to figure out.. I should do it myself.. And then sell the fix to GM..

Some may just be trolls from other manufacturer forums but I can assure you my truck vibrates. Would a mod lie to you? Lol

No I believe you. Trust me I'm on my 2nd truck for vibrations. This one is smooth luckily. Hope you get yours taken care of.

Well after my 3rd visit to the dealership my problem also still isnt solved.. My issues are

Vibration at 70-80mph

Vibration on hard acceleration from dead stop

Nasty vibration for a split second when going from v-4 to v-8 at lower speeds and also a clunk when letting off the gas...

They gave me the whole "we got a new laser wheel balancer and thats what the issue is" i let them think that was the problem and they balanced the wheels and the vibration is still the same.. I also was told that "the vibration on hard accel is normal and there was no problem found". I took the service manager for a ride to verify the vibration. He said gm says it normal. They wouldnt document that there were any vibrations on the invoice because "GM" wont allow them too.. And that a guy named steve from GM will be contacting me... So he basically told me im screwed and there wiping there hands of the issue.. Wish i had the money for a lawyer.. This is a complete crock of $hit.. How can it be this hard to figure out.. I should do it myself.. And then sell the fix to GM..

If you have a vibration on hard acceleration I would bet it's the same as mine and we've pin pointed that feeling to the differential. It was REALLY bad, they rebuilt it, it was better and now it's all bad again. When they took a look at it they found that and the drive shaft to be built way out of spec.

• Like 1

If you have a vibration on hard acceleration I would bet it's the same as mine and we've pin pointed that feeling to the differential. It was REALLY bad, they rebuilt it, it was better and now it's all bad again. When they took a look at it they found that and the drive shaft to be built way out of spec.

I also have a real bad vibration under hard acceleration. Real noticeable with a trailer hooked up. Figured it was normal. I'll let them know about it when it goes in next week

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk