Interesting, Wranglers are listed as the original equipment on Silverado's but one of the things done to mine was replacing Wranglers with Eagles.

These four we drove were all GMC sierras.

Try test driving one with 22" bridgestones.

My buddy has one with 22's and bridgestones. I'll try getting with him and take it for a test drive and see if it vibrates

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Our problem Rally 2 has the 22s with bridgstones. They've replaced the tires twice and had to order four to get two round ones.

I have the 22" Bridgestones, may or may not have roadforce, the dealer wont do the test. I'm going to put my other set of 18" Wrangler's on to test either tomorrow or thursday. as I've said, I think most of my vibration is related to the engine/ engine mount

Let me know when you get those on Jesse, i'd really like to see how that does. And I'll get you that bed cover too.Tomorrow is better than Thursday for me, Patriots vs Packers is on Thursday !!

HEY !!!!

Maybe that's the problem, everyone go out and deflate your tires a little when nobody is looking lol

• Like 1

I'll probably go with the Michelins, I've had a set of them and they live up to their rating

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

That's all my dad buys are Michelins, mainly the LTX M/S 2 tires. Gets around 80k a set and are quiet and have a nice plush ride.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hey guys always loved the GMC styling and interior design, and have considered buying one. I'm

kinda shying away due to this steering shake / vibration issue. When there's 361 pages of post about

this issue it really concerns me.

I've had 2 Toyota Tacoma's a 2012 and 2014 with this type of issue the 2014 was bought back though

lemon law dispute. My current 2015 Jeep GC has a little bit of this so I'm kinda sick of shelling out for

new vehicles and dealing with this type of issues. My goal is to go back to owning a truck since I need

to be able to haul, the only truck that doesn't seem to be dealing with vibrations and steering shake is

2015 Ford F150, but the echo boost seems to require head replacement every 20,000 due to carbon

build up.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks , Jon

I say just ensure you test drive very well before buying. They do not all have this problem. Mine runs, drives and handles very well. So that means there is hope for potential buyers such as yourself. This thread is very troubling and I feel for the buyers that have this issue. I know it would drive me mad if I spent so much money for something that gives me trouble.

Well the sulastic shackles showed up yesterday, bought them direct from sulastic through ebay and saved 20 dollars. $398.00 delivered versus 420 through their website. Ordered them on the 7th arrived the 10th, not bad Texas to California. Quality is decent, the cross pins are plug welded and ground down by hand and then painted, not the prettiest by a long shot, but should be fine strength wise. Should have time this weekend to install them and then I have a 90 mile trip next Tuesday on a strip of pretty bad road that I've traveled just recently to give them a good test and comparison. I'll report back on the install and ride quality after for all who are interested.

• Like 3

I say just ensure you test drive very well before buying. They do not all have this problem. Mine runs, drives and handles very well. So that means there is hope for potential buyers such as yourself. This thread is very troubling and I feel for the buyers that have this issue. I know it would drive me mad if I spent so much money for something that gives me trouble.

Nice truck, I thought about going with a 6" lift but can't get myself to start cutting things off the frame of a truck with a 100000 mile warranty. I thought about going back to my factory 20's with wheels spacers but had a bad experience with them on my last truck. I looked at the trailsport like you have on yours. The picture of them online looks like they're hubcentric about the hub pilot but I don't see a machined lip on them to pilot the rim onto the adapter is this case, or do the center on the hub and center the wheel as well? Thanks in advanced for the info.

the only truck that doesn't seem to be dealing with vibrations and steering shake is

2015 Ford F150, but the echo boost seems to require head replacement every 20,000 due to carbon

build up.

Thanks , Jon

Google is your friend ;)

Took me one try to find this on a Ford forum, and there are more just like it

Hello, trying to get an issue resolved. I purchased a brand new F150 lariat supercrew 4x4 with 3.5 ecoboost. Had a 2hr drive home from dealer and noticed a vibration seemed to be coming mostly from the rear of the truck. Took it next few days to local ford dealer and they said two tires in rear had flat spots and they needed to order. I picked the truck up to drive until tires arrived two days later and during the road force balance on the first visit they must have moved the rear tires to the front because the vibration had shifted and I could feel it more in the steering than before. Two days later: They changed out the two tires and vibration seemed reduced at times but was not gone. I left the following day on a 600 mi highway trip pulling a utility trailer with polaris, so slightly weighted, and the vibration was multiplied the entire trip (frustrating to say the least for a $55k truck), at speeds any where from 50-up mph. Returned from trip and dropped off the truck for two days with a result of they couldn't duplicate the problem (absolute BS), they then proceeded to explain to me that if I only have 1 window down and not two it causes a shuttering effect inside the cab and feels like a vibration....really?! Another few days and continued vibration I stopped by dealer unannounced and the service manager took a ride with me since I had a trailer behind me and the vibration was magnified. He was obviously way to be busy for my issue, noticed by his lack of communication and smug demeanor. His tune changed slightly when he could "barely feel it". He explained he is going to order two more tires and road force balance then to let him know if it persists. One drive on the highway and it was obvious it was still there. I want to note the last thing I want is to spend days on end at ford service. I'm just wanting a vibrating free truck. I am now scheduled for Tuesday 13th to take the truck back in to swap tires back and ???. I'm thinking drive shaft, rotors?? I pulled the utility trailer again yesterday and horrible shaking around 55mph then settles down at some speeds and increases in others. I have now made video of the vibration on the inside as well as the vibration at the transfer case and the rear diff during highway speeds when shaking is at its worst with a gopro camera, hoping the service manager will actually review it to get some idea of what's happening. Just turned 3400mi....Any ideas guys??
Edited by C6Bill

Hey guys always loved the GMC styling and interior design, and have considered buying one. I'm

kinda shying away due to this steering shake / vibration issue. When there's 361 pages of post about

this issue it really concerns me.

I've had 2 Toyota Tacoma's a 2012 and 2014 with this type of issue the 2014 was bought back though

lemon law dispute. My current 2015 Jeep GC has a little bit of this so I'm kinda sick of shelling out for

new vehicles and dealing with this type of issues. My goal is to go back to owning a truck since I need

to be able to haul, the only truck that doesn't seem to be dealing with vibrations and steering shake is

build up.

Thanks , Jon

Make sure you tell the dealer you are aware of the vibration issues in these trucks and request they let you take the truck for the day, Find a nice stretch of smooth freeway and drive the truck in all speed ranges through 80 mph if you can. My vibrations are really light compared to a lot I've seen video of and they're not noticeable and rougher roads because the larger amplitude road imperfections mask them. The only way they're noticeable in mine is smooth asphalt they start at 70 mph the worst at 72 and disappear at 85 mph. I'd also wait on the 2016 models, I suspect there will be some unannounced changes to fix or remedy these issues.