thehad,

Hello! I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I would like to look into this concern for you. Could you private message me including a brief overview of your concern, full name, address, phone number, VIN, exact message, and preferred dealership?

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

Im curious how many people with a vibration have the short box? If this is a prop shaft alignment issue having the axle 10" further back on a long box should help the angle and possible not vibrate. Also anyone know if the long box uses a 2 piece axle with a hanger? Just brain storming!

got my truck back today after 8 days in the shop for another issue with wiring harness and blowing sensors. they also swapped the 18 inch goodyears for 17's with bridgestones. that didnt fix the vibration problem either.

Jennifer, i'm still waiting on a return call from the gm customer service rep.

btw the 17 inch rims dont look close to what i had with the 18's. looks was about the only thing going for the truck and now that's going downhill.

got my truck back today after 8 days in the shop for another issue with wiring harness and blowing sensors. they also swapped the 18 inch goodyears for 17's with bridgestones. that didnt fix the vibration problem either.

Jennifer, i'm still waiting on a return call from the gm customer service rep.

btw the 17 inch rims dont look close to what i had with the 18's. looks was about the only thing going for the truck and now that's going downhill.

Hey there,

Thank you for letting me know. I will look into it and private message you back.

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

Me and a coworker just picked up 2 new 2014 z71 LT's with the 18" wheels. While test driving his, the dealer mentioned the vibration was spots in the tires from sitting and wood go away quickly. I picked mine up today and it also has this vibration. This is very annoying for a new truck. Did a quick search and found this topic. Obviously not "flat spots" .

I also have the 2014 Z71 4X4 w/18" wheels. Noticed the vibration on test drive and got the "flat spot" line too. Liked the truck overall though and bought it. Unfortunately, the vibration is still there and comes and goes (400 miles and one week old). Told my dealer it was still happening and was told there was no bulletin from GM yet regarding this problem but he filed a claim/complaint on my behalf. Sure hope GM figures this out or my next new truck will be a Ford.

With AUfan and his coworker this makes 9 owners complaining about a vibration and not one person has posted that anything the dealer has done to try to fix it that works.

Has any of the nine owners tried having the tires trued and balanced on the truck(they could also tell you if wheels are bent or tire tread not running true) AND drive shaft/u-joints/shims checked by a good independent drive shaft shop? I would be well beyond the dealership for solutions based on the lack of GMs ability to solve this.

Up date, I went to the dealer to see what's the story with my truck because it has been there for a month now and like I posted on my last post they were going to change the drive shaft for a new and improved one which they did and as I thought that did nothing. Now they are saying it's the Diferencial. They order a new Diferencial which is in back order. This has got me so pissed off you guys have no idea. I filed a complaint with the Texas department of transportation under the lemon Law. I feel that this trucks are lemons and gm is not going to figure it out so I want out of this truck I refuse to pay so much money for something I am not even enjoying. If this truck is not fixed soon I am fighting this out. Gm you guys are letting me down

Up date, I went to the dealer to see what's the story with my truck because it has been there for a month now and like I posted on my last post they were going to change the drive shaft for a new and improved one which they did and as I thought that did nothing. Now they are saying it's the Diferencial. They order a new Diferencial which is in back order. This has got me so pissed off you guys have no idea. I filed a complaint with the Texas department of transportation under the lemon Law. I feel that this trucks are lemons and gm is not going to figure it out so I want out of this truck I refuse to pay so much money for something I am not even enjoying. If this truck is not fixed soon I am fighting this out. Gm you guys are letting me down

• Like 1

Sorry don't know why it posted so many times

If my truck was at the dealer for a month, I would have posted many more duplicates. Maybe GM will address it. Hope this is not the oil burner issue for the '14s. They had heck with that on the 900s.