23 hours ago, Willyone said:

Thanks for that info Pinnacle. My '16 Silverado 5.3 has the shake. Comes in starting in the low 70 MPH range. Is there a part number or item number for the Mobile 1 trans fluid that you mention?

Also, can an independent shop do the fluid flush, or does the truck need to be plugged into a dealer/GM computer for a reflash after the flush is completed. I'd like to avoid the dealer if possible due to no to little faith in their abilities.

Thanks again

Take that with you to a gm dealerMC-10163890-9999.pdf

• 1 month later...

I’m experiencing the same issue 86,000 km 

- lowered air pressure 32PSI … some change 

riding on the Denali 22” rims .. feels like it’s in the right front .. then left .. 

spoke with a neighbour with a similar truck and advised me that the rear stock brakes grab and transfer the pulse through the aluminum driveshaft to the front and GM has shown him supporting documentation..

rotating tires today will update post soon 

also have read transmission service could help the problem 

• 6 months later...

I have a 2018 Silverado High Country 4x4 with 128k miles.  It started to shudder just recently.  Definitely feels like the driveshaft is unbalanced, but doesn’t shudder/shake/vibrate all the time.  I have no idea what makes it start or stop.  I had new tires installed, alignment done and even had the wheels rebalanced.  Three different places said the steering and suspension is tight and didn’t find any problems.  I’m hoping GM does a major recall on this problem as I cannot be the only one with the shudder/shake/vibration.  If it’s the driveshaft, why is it happening after,128k miles?

1 hour ago, Richard Carrillo said:

I have a 2018 Silverado High Country 4x4 with 128k miles.  It started to shudder just recently.  Definitely feels like the driveshaft is unbalanced, but doesn’t shudder/shake/vibrate all the time.  I have no idea what makes it start or stop.  I had new tires installed, alignment done and even had the wheels rebalanced.  Three different places said the steering and suspension is tight and didn’t find any problems.  I’m hoping GM does a major recall on this problem as I cannot be the only one with the shudder/shake/vibration.  If it’s the driveshaft, why is it happening after,128k miles?

Could be that something is just wearing out 

2 hours ago, Richard Carrillo said:

You say you had tires rebalanced. But did you have Road Force Balancing done or just traditional balancing? It does make a difference.

3 hours ago, Richard Carrillo said:

Do you have the 6 or 8 speed? Have you changed your trans fluid and filter lately?

• Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 8:18 AM, Pinnacle said:

Take that with you to a gm dealerMC-10163890-9999.pdf

19 hours ago, steelerdude15 said:

Some people have had their trans fluid and filter changed and reported a positive difference in the issue you’re having.

19 hours ago, Richard Carrillo said:

Thanks.  I’m planning on taking it to the dealership before I head back to NM.

19 hours ago, Richard Carrillo said:

Thanks.  I’m planning on taking it to the dealership before I head back to NM.

There was a TSB that came out around 2016 ~ 2017 for the tranny flush and replacement with Mobil 1 Blue Strip I think it was.  I had it done for tranny shudder problem which it fixed.  It also reduced but did not eliminate low speed hard shift problem between 1st and 2nd.  For some, torque converter replacement was necessary to eliminate shudder.  About vibration problems; I not aware of any single fix for that.  If you read back through the hundreds of posts you find the root cause blamed on virtually every part on the truck.  I don’t think it was ever eliminated from this generation truck which is 2014 ~ 2020 or thereabouts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had the shake in my 18 Silverado at 45k miles. Chevy dealer replaced the fluid with Mobil One under warranty and shudder completely went away until about a month ago. Just over 90k and intermittent shudder at 40, 50, and 60 mph has returned. Doesn't seem as severe as before. Doesn't happen over 65 mph. Rotated tires with no difference. They are newer Michelins with about 15k on them. Wondering if fluid has separated again? Saw someone mention rotors. Mine still look great and pads are original. Most of my miles are highway. Any thoughts?

On 1/1/2023 at 10:09 AM, Richard Carrillo said:

This is certainly not what we like to hear, Richard Carrillo.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2018 Chevrolet Silverado High Country. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: Richard Carrillo/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s Privacy Policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html. The information you provide may be monitored and recorded and is subject to the GM Privacy Statement.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

On 1/4/2023 at 4:05 PM, john christ said:

I had the shake in my 18 Silverado at 45k miles. Chevy dealer replaced the fluid with Mobil One under warranty and shudder completely went away until about a month ago. Just over 90k and intermittent shudder at 40, 50, and 60 mph has returned. Doesn't seem as severe as before. Doesn't happen over 65 mph. Rotated tires with no difference. They are newer Michelins with about 15k on them. Wondering if fluid has separated again? Saw someone mention rotors. Mine still look great and pads are original. Most of my miles are highway. Any thoughts?

Is the vibration occurring when you’re accelerating or braking? If it only happens when you’re braking then the rotors are warped and need replaced. If it’s doing it while accelerating, it’s something else.