Regarding TSB 18-NA-355...   My truck is a 2016 Silverado and just out of warrantee time wise, but with just over 35K miles. Would the TSB mentioned still apply, would GM do the fluid upgrade free of charge?

On 9/5/2021 at 9:01 AM, Willyone said:

Regarding TSB 18-NA-355...   My truck is a 2016 Silverado and just out of warrantee time wise, but with just over 35K miles. Would the TSB mentioned still apply, would GM do the fluid upgrade free of charge?

Gm does have a grace period. If one dealership doesn't help you go to another one. 

I have a 2018 Sierra SLT 6.2 4X4 with just turned 19000 miles and was in the North Carolina Mountains this past weekend and that shudder crap started on my truck. Goin to Dealer Monday to let them try to fix it. Hope the tranny fluid change fixes it . Price of trucks now that would do what I need are crazy high so I cannot afford to trade it and heck, what would I trade for that would work for me? besides another truck just like it?  the newer ones have the lifter issues, dont want that.  Just my rant for the day, sorry.

37 minutes ago, Brandin said:

I have a 2015 Silverado and it shakes at 65 mph does anyone know what I can do to fix it 

My gut would say tires if it's at that speed. If you go faster or slower, does it go away? When mine did that I had all the wheels road forced balanced instead of doing just regular balancing. One of the tires was off quite a bit. That helped my situation considerably.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dearmosd said:

Sell it take the loss and run.....or hit search button and read

That could be an option too but not all Chevys have the dreaded shakes that can't be solved. Mine did but road force balanced pretty much cured it as well as running the tires with 35-36psi. I do know that the tires are not always the cause and some have not been able to get it solved. I just suggest trying some easy stuff first. If easy cheap solutions don't work, it does have the possibility of turning into a money pit. Then dumping it could be the best route...

On 9/14/2021 at 7:29 PM, Brandin said:

I have a 2015 Silverado and it shakes at 65 mph does anyone know what I can do to fix it 

If an easy fix like tires doesn't correct the problem and you can have another vehicle you can use and don't need a truck right away then sell it.  Prices for used vehicles are sky high right now and a dealer might buy your truck from you even if you're not buying one from them.

Dealers probably don't usually do this but a lot of them have very little inventory on their lots. Hopefully you get lucky and it's only a tire problem. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/4/2013 at 9:49 PM, Silver space ship said:

I know this is going to look suspicious being only my third post but I wasn't sure what forum to join at first. I have noticed a shake or vibration in my new 4x4 crew 5.5 box 5.3 truck it seems to come and go and has been a pain to pin point what makes it happen. I can feel it in the steering wheel, seat and sometimes the gas petal but mostly in the steering wheel. It seems to be most noticeable going up or down hill with very light acceleration but can do it on level ground at cruise speed too. And the fun part is it doesn't always do it to make it more of a challenge to diagnose it.

Brought it to the dealer last week and I thought the mechanic was going to think I was crazy but he did feel it too which was a relief also the service writer test drove it after they balanced and rotated the tires and he said its slight, but he felt it too. We scheduled it to come in tomorrow and are opening a warranty claim. I have very little faith that its going to get fixed because of the nature of the vibration and it being so new that there probably isn't any info out there on what it could be. I really don't know what they can do tomorrow other then make phone calls. If I had to venture a guess I'm going to say its in the transmission or possibly the engine.

We also have a 2012 equinox and on the same roads there's no vibration at all.

Also I have the z71 and man does that thing ride STIFF! Every repair strip in the tar is felt hard! Anyone know if it just takes some miles to get the shocks broke in (2600 on it now)? My 04 was a z71 too and rode much, much softer then this.

I would really like to get this figured out because it, along with a few other
smaller things is preventing me from loving this truck.

I have a question. I have a 2014 sierra and it makes a baby rattle noise only at 60mph or higher. Plastic skid plate is tight and can't find anything underneath the truck that will make this noise.

I apologize for not having a answer to your post but I couldn't find where to ask this question.

Someone please help

I have had a 2014 bought back due to shakes and I’m in a 2017 now that has had the transmission tsb done 4 times, about 10 re-learns, aftermarket driveshaft, about 500 dollars worth of alignments, tried the spring clamps, rain danced and all kinds of other wastes. Finally I found http://www.dkgoodrich.com/contact.htm in KY. He did a dyno tune with HP tuners and so far the shake is 96 percent gone. So is the annoying downshift clunks that are embarrassing when driving passenger who thinks your u-joint just went flying. If your around KY you really need to give DK a call. Save yourself the agony of trying all that other bs. If it shakes and clunks find someone near you to tune it. None of the handheld stuff can get close. I know firsthand how bad it sucks to be unhappy with a shaky and clunky truck. I cannot understand how GM send these vehicles out to customers with such a garbage tune on them.