On 6/26/2020 at 7:41 AM, Dearmosd said:

The joys of corporate American selling a decent product with faults and ignoring the thousands of American people and their hard earned money only to look forward and forget the past problems they left among their American population.

I wish I had spent more time investigating Ford over Chevy. Although stuck with a Chevy my next WILL NOT be a Chevy.

Fool me once shame on you but I will not get fooled again 

lol and thats where your research stops on a Ford.  Do some more and youll see the only one that stands the test of time is Toyota by far the best engineered.

22 hours ago, Dearmosd said:

If Toyota make a size comparable to a suburban I would have looked at it but since they only make a Tahoe size Toyota was off the plate

Its called a Sequoia, I dont even know wth you're talking about but the Tundra is still the largest and heaviest 1500 on the road.

• 3 weeks later...

My truck is running smooth, knock on wood!  Really happy at all speed ranges. Axle shaft balance, new universal joints and an alignment some time ago.  Nervous about getting new tires soon, lol  prolly drive til these are bald don’t wanna mess anything up! At 81k 

5 hours ago, Gofas said:

My truck is running smooth, knock on wood!  Really happy at all speed ranges. Axle shaft balance, new universal joints and an alignment some time ago.  Nervous about getting new tires soon, lol  prolly drive til these are bald don’t wanna mess anything up! At 81k 

Buy Michelin defenders.

My 2017 with only 7000 miles on it now, is still doing what it has since day 1. The technician told me in May of this year that I should drive it harder and that it was something to do with it wanting to go or going into 4 cylinder mode. I notice the "vibration" or "hesitations" when I first start it up in the morning. I will notice it immediately as I start to accelerate and will notice it "bucking" or hesitating up to about 35 or so for the first 5 or 10 minutes and then it drives like a normal truck again. They told me in may that in 6 months I wouldn't notice it anymore (guess they were trying to brush me off). My thoughts are, if it actually had anything to do with the 4 cylinder mode then why don't I notice it after it warms up??  It is a 6 speed transmission and they tell me that Chev. has no service file bulletins on them and it is just for the 8 speed as far as changing out the transmission fluid to Mobil 1. I would like them to change it out to see if that makes the difference but they seem unwilling to. Does anyone have an email address or contact for someone that might care at Chevy? 

• 1 month later...

what MPH point do you get the vibrations?

below 35mph

above 80mph

between 40-75 mph???

i only vibrate at 80 and higher, and i have  a suspision the poorly  paved roads are the culprit,   need to test smooth highway vs street paved, car pool lane vs  slow lane where semis travel. i feel the occilasions are being caused by the wave in the road surface,

Edited by flyingfool

Mine did the same thing a couple weeks ago on my 17 Sierra cc 5.3 z71 4x4. Dropped it off at the mechanic and my transmission was completely shot, not even rebuildable. The problem started at the torque converter. Did a lot of research and turns out there’s a class action lawsuit against gm on these transmissions. $4,300 out of my own pocket. I’m pissed to say the least