13 hours ago, Severado said:

If that's the only time you have noticable vibrations, congrats ... you don't have the shake. Have the dealer triple flush the transmission fluid and change the filter. Fill with Mobil One or whatever new fluid they have for it. My '15 had the shake. My '18 doesn't. Any vibes I experience now are tire and surface related. I'll address the tires in about 10k more miles and get the same transmission service I suggested to you shortly before/after.
My 2cents

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Yeh, agree.  Appears to me there are three distinct issues with the 2014 ~ 2018.  Theres the nefarious Chevy Shake which have had more causes attributed to it than there are parts on the truck.  Then there’s Torque Converter Shudder which there’s a TSB out on doing three flushes using Mobil 1 Blue Stripe TF.  I had this done and it eliminated the shudder.  Last, theres the low speed hard shift most notable when shifting up/down between 1st and second.  I still have the problem although not as pronounced since the TSB flush. Basically, instead of the tranny learning my driving style I’ve learned it’s still.  If I come to a complete stop the downshift usually works ok ?

I have the 6 speed 2017. Only 6000  miles on it. I have the shudder or shake when I first get it going down the road and noticeable at lower speeds. Once it warms up, doesn't seem to be evident. My dealer told me that there isn't any known issue with the 6 speed and therefore no solution!! Was told this 2 years ago. Has there been a change since then? 

What I can tell you is, I traded a 2014 1500 Z71 4 wheel drive, 5.3 with a 6 speed in for a 2018....., reason was TRANSMISSION issues, it would thump and bang. GM provided me with a document that stated it was "a normal operating characteristic" for this truck and nothing was wrong with it. It eventually got ALOT worse.

My 2018, 1500, Z71 4 wheel drive, 5.3 with a 6 speed transmission, needs a new transmission and torque converter with 75,000 miles on it. Had a slight shudder, off and on, that started around 55,000 miles. It elevated to the transmission slipping horribly, when I dropped the pan it was littered with ground up metal covering the bottom of the pan. Now I have to replace my transmission and torque converter, $$$$$$$$$.

If your dealer told you there are no issues with the 6 speed transmission, he is either lying of just plain stupid.

Find a dealer that will acknowledge the problem and help you get it fixed, before it cost you a whole lot of money! It is NOT normal and it will NOT go away. Ask about a complete transmission fluid change, (around 14 quarts including what is in the torque converter). 

Good luck!

14 hours ago, Chevy Russ 2014 said:

What I can tell you is, I traded a 2014 1500 Z71 4 wheel drive, 5.3 with a 6 speed in for a 2018....., reason was TRANSMISSION issues, it would thump and bang. GM provided me with a document that stated it was "a normal operating characteristic" for this truck and nothing was wrong with it. It eventually got ALOT worse.

My 2018, 1500, Z71 4 wheel drive, 5.3 with a 6 speed transmission, needs a new transmission and torque converter with 75,000 miles on it. Had a slight shudder, off and on, that started around 55,000 miles. It elevated to the transmission slipping horribly, when I dropped the pan it was littered with ground up metal covering the bottom of the pan. Now I have to replace my transmission and torque converter, $$$$$$$$$.

If your dealer told you there are no issues with the 6 speed transmission, he is either lying of just plain stupid.

Find a dealer that will acknowledge the problem and help you get it fixed, before it cost you a whole lot of money! It is NOT normal and it will NOT go away. Ask about a complete transmission fluid change, (around 14 quarts including what is in the torque converter). 

Good luck!

Seems similar to my thoughts. How could a brand new truck have a shudder or vibration and nothing wrong with it. How could they let such a thing go uncorrected from the factory? Obviously, rhetorical questions but I will get back with the dealer and see if they can try to resolve the issue, again!

Appointment scheduled with the dealer for Monday. I was told by them that they are aware of the shudder or vibration issue and can fix it. Again, I have the 2017 6 speed not the 8 speed. I have a bad feeling, when I get there, they will tell me they have a service buletin for the 8 speed but nothing on the 6 speed so there really is nothing they can do! Stay tuned! Anyone else have a 6 speed with similar issue?? 

Mine is at the dealership right now for a minor vibration issue and some recalls. Regarding the vibration, I did ask the service advisor about the tsb regarding the transmission fluid & a new replacement fluid that is available. I told them to keep the truck as long as they wanted and to rack on as many miles they wanted. The shop foreman took my truck home after work a few nights ago. He did confirm the vibration I am feeling and reached out to a technical advisor from GM. I was told GM has directed them to change the engine mounts. I will update this post when I get the truck back home. I have an 8 speed 6.2 if it makes any difference.

Maybe there is a new bulletin regarding updated engine mounts.

Well, today, took 2017 Chev. Silverado 6 speed with 6400 miles to dealer since they told me to bring it in and they would fix the shudder problem and I wouldn't have to leave it all night. As suspected, they wouldn't just change out the tranny fluid without a test drive and when they took it for a test drive couldn't get it to shudder. I told them it doesn't do it when it is warmed up----sooo they were nice enough to put me in a vehicle to drive home and they will then drive it tomorrow morning and see if they can duplicate the issue. They told me that if it was the tranny problem that I would notice it all the time and not just at certain speed and wouldn't matter if it was warmed up or not. That sure isn't how I understood the problem many are having. Mine seems to shudder somewhere around 25 to 35 mph and after a short warm up it seems to go away. 

16 hours ago, fishrman said:

Well, today, took 2017 Chev. Silverado 6 speed with 6400 miles to dealer since they told me to bring it in and they would fix the shudder problem and I wouldn't have to leave it all night. As suspected, they wouldn't just change out the tranny fluid without a test drive and when they took it for a test drive couldn't get it to shudder. I told them it doesn't do it when it is warmed up----sooo they were nice enough to put me in a vehicle to drive home and they will then drive it tomorrow morning and see if they can duplicate the issue. They told me that if it was the tranny problem that I would notice it all the time and not just at certain speed and wouldn't matter if it was warmed up or not. That sure isn't how I understood the problem many are having. Mine seems to shudder somewhere around 25 to 35 mph and after a short warm up it seems to go away. 

first step...drain some fluid out of the trans into a pan, and see if there is excessive metal glitler in the fluid, put the fluid in a porcelin dinner plate white in color, and take into the sunshine swirl it about..

2nd drive in M4 or M5 for a couple days see if the vibes go away.. also remove trans thermostat, the excessive heat will breakdown internal plastic components and cause early failure

...are you running the cheapo 20" tires and rims?

Edited by flyingfool

5 minutes ago, flyingfool said:

first step...drain some fluid out of the trans into a pan, and see if there is excessive metal glitler in the fluid, put the fluid in a porcelin dinner plate white in color, and take into the sunshine swirl it about..

2nd drive in M4 or M5 for a couple days see if the vibes go away..

...are you running the cheapo 20" tires and rims?

Not sure what they are doing with my truck yet. Have had it all morning. Guess that might be a good thing as it makes me believe they are trying to figure it out. Regarding cheapo 20 inch tires and rims. I don't think the rims were to cheap but the tires are Wrangler (if I remember right)

Edited by fishrman
Put reply in wrong spot

usually the eco 20" tires chunk apart, but i doubt the wheels are out of balance, neither do i think the drive shaft is the issue.  I'm starting to lean towards torque converters out of balance internally or the internal rotational parts inside the trans might be out of balance somehow... but it should vibrate all the time if something is bad. otherwise it might be harmonics of the paved roads . had this issue on a few mercedes benz back in 2005. they only made a vibe at certain speeds on a specific paved surface. 

Edited by flyingfool

6 hours ago, flyingfool said:

usually the eco 20" tires chunk apart, but i doubt the wheels are out of balance, neither do i think the drive shaft is the issue.  I'm starting to lean towards torque converters out of balance internally or the internal rotational parts inside the trans might be out of balance somehow... but it should vibrate all the time if something is bad. otherwise it might be harmonics of the paved roads . had this issue on a few mercedes benz back in 2005. they only made a vibe at certain speeds on a specific paved surface. 

Wellll, they finally called me at the end of the day today. Told me there really isn't anything wrong with it!! I can't explain it very well but was told it has to do with the 8 cyl. changing to 4 cyl. during the initial driving period. I don't really get it or why after a period of time, I don't notice the shuddering but they assure me it is doing what GM designed it to do and that if I would get on it and drive it a little harder, I wouldn't notice it. Also told me in 6 months I wouldn't notice it anymore. Don't know how that could be since I have owned it since it was brand new and still notice it! Soo, guess they are saying it is more to do with the firing or lack of firing of the cylinders than the transmission or TC. Does any of this make sense to you? Thanks again!

drivie in m4 or m5 mode for a few days, this disables the v4 cylinder deactivation and will remove this as a variable  yes the v4 firing can cause a bit of a lugging motor at times... I also had vibes for a while and they went away or i just got use to them. I did switch over to the 18" z71 wheels too. i dont notice the vibes if they are there.

driving in M4 on the trans select will give the best shifts ,crisp and clean, M5 softens things up  a bit..

Edited by flyingfool

10 hours ago, flyingfool said:

drivie in m4 or m5 mode for a few days, this disables the v4 cylinder deactivation and will remove this as a variable  yes the v4 firing can cause a bit of a lugging motor at times... I also had vibes for a while and they went away or i just got use to them. I did switch over to the 18" z71 wheels too. i dont notice the vibes if they are there.

driving in M4 on the trans select will give the best shifts ,crisp and clean, M5 softens things up  a bit..

Will pick it up this morning and give it a try! I barely notice the difference between v4 and v8 at highway speeds. Will pushing in the button for trailer tow do the same thing as driving in m4 or m5?