16 hours ago, Pinnacle said:

LOl guys says it normal, its not. And they wont fix it its been discussed here to no end and there isnt a pinpoint solution. I think there was several guys here that had the engine shimmed, different drive shafts, rear end rebuilt and several sets of different tires and they still had some vibration.  Good luck with it, thats one of the few problems with them. Honestly, Id cancel the deal.  I had countless problems with my 2014

they changed every part but the one that's failing, the torque converter!!!!

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Bryan Glenn said:

Good news, dealership just agreed to unwind the deal and take the truck back. Shame, love the power and feel of the truck (aside from the vibration issues). Good luck to everyone. 

Anyone have any idea what truck out there is truly reliable. I feel like I can google transmission nightmares with everything but the Tundras.

Thanks

Cool beans!!  Good for you! 

My opinion...GM knows what the issue is, or issues are, that cause the shakes.  What ever the issue it's prolly an expensive fix so GM skirts the problem, and shoves it up the buyers ass.  Check out the '19 and '20 forums and see if there are members talking about shake.  If not it's obvious (to me) that GM knows the cause and has made corrections.

My '16 Silverado 4x4 Z71 has the shakes, but "it's within spec".  GM and the dealer both suck.  After 50 years of driving GMs I'll likely be looking at other brands when it's new truck time.

3 minutes ago, Willyone said:

Cool beans!!  Good for you! 

My opinion...GM knows what the issue is, or issues are, that cause the shakes.  What ever the issue it's prolly an expensive fix so GM skirts the problem, and shoves it up the buyers ass.  Check out the '19 and '20 forums and see if there are members talking about shake.  If not it's obvious (to me) that GM knows the cause and has made corrections.

My '16 Silverado 4x4 Z71 has the shakes, but "it's within spec".  GM and the dealer both suck.  After 50 years of driving GMs I'll likely be looking at other brands when it's new truck time.

I am trying to figure out what brand that is going to be. My research is landing me back to the same place over and over...Toyota Tundra. They are gas hogs, they aren't glamorous and lack technology and comfort but at least it will stay out of the shop. Damn shame

5 hours ago, flyingfool said:

they changed every part but the one that's failing, the torque converter!!!!

I have to say, having been in the same boat with my 2016 that I bought new and had NO idea about what the issue was until it was too late, it's good you got out.  I thought my issue (before I googled it and found this forum) was a bent rim.  In fact, I thought because I bought a set of 20" Foose rims used, that it was the issue and ordered a new Foose rim and the whole set was bad.  Discount tire told me at the time that was the issue.  I then bought a factory set of 22" Black rims and still had the issue.  It was then I found this forum and it had passed the time I could do anything about it and after $2k in tires and wheels traded in and got my new 2019.  I have NO issue of any kind on my 2019 and although I loved my 2016 (and still miss it), the 2019 has proven to be the right choice.  If you're still considering Chevy, the 2019 has kept me happy.  Although, I am a Chevy man, this whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth that Chevy isn't stepping up.  Good luck, very happy that I at least found out it was my the Shake issue but sad about the cost incurred to get there.

46 minutes ago, Rmiles2314 said:

I have to say, having been in the same boat with my 2016 that I bought new and had NO idea about what the issue was until it was too late, it's good you got out.  I thought my issue (before I googled it and found this forum) was a bent rim.  In fact, I thought because I bought a set of 20" Foose rims used, that it was the issue and ordered a new Foose rim and the whole set was bad.  Discount tire told me at the time that was the issue.  I then bought a factory set of 22" Black rims and still had the issue.  It was then I found this forum and it had passed the time I could do anything about it and after $2k in tires and wheels traded in and got my new 2019.  I have NO issue of any kind on my 2019 and although I loved my 2016 (and still miss it), the 2019 has proven to be the right choice.  If you're still considering Chevy, the 2019 has kept me happy.  Although, I am a Chevy man, this whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth that Chevy isn't stepping up.  Good luck, very happy that I at least found out it was my the Shake issue but sad about the cost incurred to get there.

i think a recall on the entire rear wheel drive line up or cars and trucks would cripple an already weak company. GM ignores it and and stalls the lawyers in court for as long as possible, and hope it last past warrantee , eventually get you into the next model. 

15 hours ago, Bryan Glenn said:

I am trying to figure out what brand that is going to be. My research is landing me back to the same place over and over...Toyota Tundra. They are gas hogs, they aren't glamorous and lack technology and comfort but at least it will stay out of the shop. Damn shame

Appears you have your chops set on a Tundra.  So, suggest you go ahead and buy one.

concerning the dreaded Chevy Shake;  I’ve been on this forum since the early days and I’ve observed some very heated debates about the cause.  To date, I’m not aware of anyone nailing a specific root cause.  I have my own theory but not going into it now.  However, I agree with the posted who stated GM knows.  I’ve been lurking on the 2020 forum some and have not seen any posts about the Chevy Shake.  So, appears GM May have corrected it and eliminated the problem.  We shall see.

about engines;  agree with the positive comments about the Tundra engine.  However, the GM 5.3 and 6.2 are sound tried and true engines as well.  These pushrod/cam-in-block engine trace their heritage back to the original Chevy 1955 265 ci engine and the design has evolved over the years to its current state.  Not getting into the pros and cons of pushrods vs ohc engines.  A topic for another day.  Calf rope.

i would stick to pushrod motors...GM , or DOdge trucks... the whole global economy is getting locked down, you might have issues in the future with parts from other countries.... keep it domestic for reliability.  

I did have a dodge ram promaster city van , the radio had issue , but since the truck and radio was built in Turkey i cant get warrantee support for the components. but this is not the same parts supplier for the Doge ram truck line up. so they should be safe.

Edited by flyingfool

On 5/26/2020 at 3:30 PM, Bryan Glenn said:

I haven't looked into the Tundra or haunted a Toyota forum. But I notice on Craigslist the Tundra seems to hold its value better than other truck brands, or at least the asking prices are up there.  The smaller Tacoma seems to be a pretty popular choice around my area.  And judging from some of the news videos, apparently the Taliban think it's a pretty good machine gun platform LOL.

17 hours ago, Willyone said:

I haven't looked into the Tundra or haunted a Toyota forum. But I notice on Craigslist the Tundra seems to hold its value better than other truck brands, or at least the asking prices are up there.  The smaller Tacoma seems to be a pretty popular choice around my area.  And judging from some of the news videos, apparently the Taliban think it's a pretty good machine gun platform LOL.

Lol, yeh, those Tacoma’s appear the platform of choice across the Middle East.  Back here in the USA there’s a large almost cult following for the Tacoma.  Good clean used one’s often sell for almost as much as new ones.  However, I’m staying with my full size Silverado just in case the Zombie Apocalypse breaks out.  Might need a platform larger than a Tacoma, lol ?!! 

2 hours ago, Snoringbear said:

Lol, yeh, those Tacoma’s appear the platform of choice across the Middle East.  Back here in the USA there’s a large almost cult following for the Tacoma.  Good clean used one’s often sell for almost as much as new ones.  However, I’m staying with my full size Silverado just in case the Zombie Apocalypse breaks out.  Might need a platform larger than a Tacoma, lol ?!! 

Silverado.... throw them zombies in the box and shake their brains out LOL.  I actually like the stance of the Tacoma.  Never really looked at them up close and personal, but they seem to come OEM with good size tires and good ground clearance.  Don't know if I could live with an Asian truck in my driveway though. But I guess they're made/assembled here in America, so....

I don't really need a full size truck any more.  Hell, my '16 hasn't ever done an honest days work other than towing a UHaul after buying a couple of motorcycles from out of state.  I could prolly get by with a Tacoma or one of the other mid size brands.  But most of the mid size trucks cost about the same as a full size, comparably equiped. At least that was what I saw in August of 2016 when I bought my viber.  And gas mileage isn't much better with the smaller gas trucks either.  Being mostly retired now, I don't really give ****** about MPG.  If I was willing to spend the coin I'd opt for a 6.2 next time around, if I were to go for another GM. But as we all know, sadly, GM isn't inclined to do the right thing.

Edited by Willyone

19 hours ago, Willyone said:

Silverado.... throw them zombies in the box and shake their brains out LOL.  I actually like the stance of the Tacoma.  Never really looked at them up close and personal, but they seem to come OEM with good size tires and good ground clearance.  Don't know if I could live with an Asian truck in my driveway though. But I guess they're made/assembled here in America, so....

I don't really need a full size truck any more.  Hell, my '16 hasn't ever done an honest days work other than towing a UHaul after buying a couple of motorcycles from out of state.  I could prolly get by with a Tacoma or one of the other mid size brands.  But most of the mid size trucks cost about the same as a full size, comparably equiped. At least that was what I saw in August of 2016 when I bought my viber.  And gas mileage isn't much better with the smaller gas trucks either.  Being mostly retired now, I don't really give ****** about MPG.  If I was willing to spend the coin I'd opt for a 6.2 next time around, if I were to go for another GM. But as we all know, sadly, GM isn't inclined to do the right thing.

Lol, well, “knock on wood”.  I don’t have a shaker.  My big aggravation is the low speed hard shift between 1st and 2nd.  The recommended TSB helped but didn’t totally eliminate the problem.  But, back on topic;  while a  mid-size would take care of my needs same as you, I’m a big guy and thereby prefer a full-size truck.  And, as you pointed out there’s little if any economic advantage in driving the smaller truck.  Btw, I have the 6.2 and it tows my 6,000 lb TT great.  And, mileage is good too.  

2 hours ago, Snoringbear said:

Lol, well, “knock on wood”.  I don’t have a shaker.  My big aggravation is the low speed hard shift between 1st and 2nd.  The recommended TSB helped but didn’t totally eliminate the problem.  But, back on topic;  while a  mid-size would take care of my needs same as you, I’m a big guy and thereby prefer a full-size truck.  And, as you pointed out there’s little if any economic advantage in driving the smaller truck.  Btw, I have the 6.2 and it tows my 6,000 lb TT great.  And, mileage is good too.  

I've driven full size trucks 99% of the time since my early to mid 20s, for about 45 years ... dam I'm getting old LOL.  After that many years ya kind'a get used to driving a truck.  Only reason I would want a 6.2, or equivalent power in a brand X, is for the fun factor.  You have the 6.2, and I'm jealous!!   My bright red Chebby now has just over 30K for mileage so I'll be keeping it for a while.  But when the China virus fear factor blows over I might go kick a tire or two.

2 hours ago, Willyone said:

I've driven full size trucks 99% of the time since my early to mid 20s, for about 45 years ... dam I'm getting old LOL.  After that many years ya kind'a get used to driving a truck.  Only reason I would want a 6.2, or equivalent power in a brand X, is for the fun factor.  You have the 6.2, and I'm jealous!!   My bright red Chebby now has just over 30K for mileage so I'll be keeping it for a while.  But when the China virus fear factor blows over I might go kick a tire or two.

You and I have traveled similar paths when it comes to cars;  I’ve been driving a truck since 1975.  Bought a brand new standard cab long bed with in-line 6 engine.  Had am radio and dealer installed AC.  Everything else was standard, 3 on the tree, no power anything.  During the oil embargo hung a twenty gal saddle tank on the right side. Drove the piss out of that truck.  

Long time member but no posts for year and a half with this dreaded shake and vibration problem issue jumping in here.  A little ownership history here.

2012 LTZ crew 4X4 6.2 with 3.73 tow package gears.  Real hot rod with zero shake issues and no other problems.

2015 High Country crew 4X4 6.2 8-speed with 3.23 gears.  Shake, shake, shake in the 70-83 mph range. Follow on details below.  K2XX platform.

2018 High Country crew 4X4 6.2 8-speed with 3.23 gears.  Shakes not as bad at different speeds 68-78 mph range.  K2XX platform.

Shake issues taken to 3 different Chevy and 1 GMC dealers all under the bumper to bumper warranty with under 20k miles with the 2015. Loss of use time

in the 90 day range (GM furnished rental or loaner truck) and many parts and wheels/tires replaced to no avail.  GM engineer brought in twice and no help.

Standard factory answer..."within specs".  So before doing anything that may put me in jail I got BBB involved.  They were great to work with and totally

unbiased as they should be.  At this stage I was open to GM's buy back program.  With several back and forth negotiations by BBB with GM it went nowhere.  GM's offer was totally unacceptable using different formulas only a idiot would consider.  I have stacks of paperwork at that point but no solution.  Having personally known the  General Manager of the nearby  Chevy dealership he bent over backwards to rectify the situation and made me an offer I liked by trading in for a identically equipped new 2018.  So far can live with its mild come and go shakes and only 9k miles and 1 tire replaced

with the RFB out of tolerance.  As they say, "like the truck, hate the ride".

Had many, many great  and problem free Chevy half ton pickups last 50 years with these last 2 the worst.  Also had 2 new Dodge and 7 new Ford 1-ton dually diesels for towing OTR purposes that worked great.  I am old school and Chevy has been my 1st choice all along but open to ideas with Ford and Ram in the future.  Would be interesting to see if the Mexican built trucks have more or all of these problems versus the I believe (Fort Wayne) Indiana

plant.  I want "Built in the USA" on any future vehicle I may look at.  The Asian trucks may be good and some assembled here but all the profits go back to Tokyo and Seoul.  

Stay safe and healthy!

Tell you a funny story about my 6.2.  Not long after I bought it I decided to take it out on the interstate and see what it would do.  So, chose a stretch of road that was nice and straight with no traffic and put the petal to the metal. Well, my bad ass 6.2 took of like a striped ape.clicked through the numbers on the speedo at a rapid rate.  So, as it approached 100 mph I’m thinking Wow, I’m thinking this this thing might do 120 mph or more.  Then... the speedo hit 98 mph and the truck speed flattened out and would do no more.  So, I’m wondering what the heck just happen.  Big disappointment; big bad @$$ engine won’t even do 100?  Well, you know the rest of the story.  Come to find out the truck has a speed limiter set at 98 mph ?.  I since found out that youngsters often buy a tuner and remove the speed limiter setting.  But, being old and such never bothered ?...