25 minutes ago, 2012sierrasle said:

I have a 2012 gmc sierra 1500 sle... took it to the mechanic for vibration issues at idle no matter what gear its in. He replaced the plugs and wires, maf sensor, fuel pump and hanger for the fuel tank. He also said the ac belt needed to be replaced and have the original gm gas cap put on which I'll do myself. The vibration is still there so my question is, will the ac belt cause vibration if its getting worn out since it's on the crankshaft? 

No

Hello I have a 2017 Silverado 5.3 LT v8/v4

with 64000 miles , it’s happen to me about four times now when I stop at a red light the truck shakes like it wants to turn off but it seems when I drive the truck for a while it seems something has to heat up for it to occur it’s annoying there’s no check engine light or any light that shows a issue . Thanks 

My 2915 Equinox does the same thing "Excessive Shaking" when driving at highway/high speeds or slowing down to stop.  I have had my tires replaced, rotations, balances, brakes replaced, etc.  No one can diagnose a problem then I read the Article about GM's 2015-2019 "Chevy Shake".  My model wasn't listed in the article by does the same thing.  I also have issues with it hydroplaning in wet weather. I have to go super slow.  I've talked to another owner that has a 2015 Equinox and it does the same thing!  So frustrated. Needs to be fixed!

Hydroplaning is pretty much a function of tires, tire pressure and speed.  I suggest you check tire psi first as tire shops often over inflate.  Set at psi on door label.  Also, some tires are better than others for wet driving.  Personally, I only buy Michelin tires.  Lastly, slooow down when hitting standing water.  I believe your car is front wheel drive, typically they do better on wet roads than rear wheel drive autos.  Problem should be an easy fix.

4 hours ago, Stephanie2012 said:

These things I already know and not the problem.

Hydroplaning is not vehicle specific. Tire tread depth snd design are the main culprits of hydroplaning. 

Worn out tires with low, unevenly worn tread can cause vibrations, shaking and poor performance in bad weather. 

What is your tread depth? 

•  

Several vehicle specific attributes could make certain vehicles more prone to hydroplaning then others. Weight distribution, for example. Front vs rear vs all-wheel drive. Vehicle weight for the size of tires - some vehicle come with wide tires for weight and suck in rain and snow. I even wonder about wheel alignment and how that affect grip.

Add all these to tire selection and/or tire condition, and results may be less then desirable.

Edited by Wrench589

23 minutes ago, Wrench589 said:

Several vehicle specific attributes could make certain vehicles more prone to hydroplaning then others. Weight distribution, for example. Front vs rear vs all-wheel drive. Vehicle weight for the size of tires - some vehicle come with wide tires for weight and suck in rain and snow. I even wonder about wheel alignment and how that affect grip.

Add all these to tire selection and/or tire condition, and results may be less then desirable.

Good point about weight distribution. Either way, in my experience, tire design and condition make the biggest difference in heavy rain and snow conditions. 

ok just test drove a 17 Sierra z71 crew cab from a dodge dealer. I notice a little vibration, dealer said possible wheel out of balance. I would think this truck should ride smoother than my 07 H3 with oversized all terrain tires. Is this the "chevy shake" everyone is talking about?

There going to balance the tires and we'll see??

89112612_10217329673896264_8560656607397019648_n.jpg

• Haha 1

ok just test drove a 17 Sierra z71 crew cab from a dodge dealer. I notice a little vibration, dealer said possible wheel out of balance. I would think this truck should ride smoother than my 07 H3 with oversized all terrain tires. Is this the "chevy shake" everyone is talking about?
89112612_10217329673896264_8560656607397019648_n.thumb.jpg.fefa733151d1713ce3aacad0cc965d9a.jpg
Run away and don't look back.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Doug Bartell said:

89112612_10217329673896264_8560656607397019648_n.jpg

Under normal circumstances vibration problem would be tire related. This could be a case of Chevy Shake. The Dodge dealer may not even know of this phenomenon. 
 If you do decide to buy this make sure the vibration is gone before you sign anything. In my case the vibration occurred above 60MPH and was felt in the center console and driver’s seat.