17 hours ago, flyingfool said:

drivie in m4 or m5 mode for a few days, this disables the v4 cylinder deactivation and will remove this as a variable  yes the v4 firing can cause a bit of a lugging motor at times... I also had vibes for a while and they went away or i just got use to them. I did switch over to the 18" z71 wheels too. i dont notice the vibes if they are there.

driving in M4 on the trans select will give the best shifts ,crisp and clean, M5 softens things up  a bit..

Do I find the M4 selection by touching on the - or the + on the lever for the pushing on the towing selector?? Sorry for my stupidity! 

yeah shift from D all the way to M selection, kinda like shifting manually into low gear in the old days.  -/+ will set the last gear the trans can shift into.  i like M4 for stop and go city, and M5 for city driving but more open streets with less stop lights and traffic, then use D for on the highway to sip gas on 4 cylinders.

Edited by flyingfool

7 minutes ago, flyingfool said:

yeah shift from D all the way to M selection, kinda like shifting manually into low gear in the old days.  -/+ will set the last gear the trans can shift into.  i like M4 for stop and go city, and M5 for city driving but more open streets with less stop lights and traffic, then use D for on the highway to sip gas on 4 cylinders.

I'll give it a try. Still wondering if I just put it in the position for trailer hauling would that take it out of the 4 cylinder mode.

no, but it will improve the v4 performance if you use tow haul from my testing, it helps hold the v4 longer instead of falling back into v8 . i have been able to drive up a decent grade in tow haul and hold v4, but i do have 3.74 gears, yet most trucks come with 3.42 or something like that.. 

if the truck is new the first thing i would recommend is the thermostat delete, , lots of parts in the trans are plastic and rubber, doing this will keep it shifting like new for years to come. heat distorts all the parts in there. causes leaks and crappy shifts

Edited by flyingfool
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, flyingfool said:

no, but it will improve the v4 performance if you use tow haul from my testing, it helps hold the v4 longer instead of falling back into v8 . i have been able to drive up a decent grade in tow haul and hold v4, but i do have 3.74 gears, yet most trucks come with 3.42 or something like that.. 

if the truck is new the first thing i would recommend is the thermostat delete, , lots of parts in the trans are plastic and rubber, doing this will keep it shifting like new for years to come. heat distorts all the parts in there. causes leaks and crappy shifts

What is the thermostat delete?

its in the cooler line of the transmission, quick dirty fix is to take it out, and turn it upside down so its always open, or you can research it more and buy a kit that removes it completly.  stock trans temp is 200 F if not higher,  removed the t-stat and  it brings you down to 130-150 F, so your reliability of the trans is increased by at least a factor of 2X

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, flyingfool said:

its in the cooler line of the transmission, quick dirty fix is to take it out, and turn it upside down so its always open, or you can research it more and buy a kit that removes it completly.  stock trans temp is 200 F if not higher,  removed the t-stat and  it brings you down to 130-150 F, so your reliability of the trans is increased by at least a factor of 2X

Interesting but since it is under warranty--I have a feeling GM wouldn't like the idea and may say since it was changed they can't warranty it.

I purchased my 2018 Chevy Silverado brand new in 2019. A year  later,  w/30,000 miles,  the  truck has the “Chevy Shakes.” The vibration/shimmering over certain speeds(50 +MPH) is unbearable. After doing some research I found I am not alone in this area. I have contacted an attorney and will wait to see how they handle this issue. UNACCEPTABLE!!!!

Just purchased a 2017 Chevy Silverado Z71 Redline edition with the 6.2 ltr (31K miles on it-certified) I bought the truck on 05-23-20 and am experiencing the vibration issues as described in this forum. It is intermittent and I am really worried I am going to get stuck with the nightmare that I can't wake up from. Due to the Memorial day holiday weekend, my credit union has not transferred the money yet. I have emailed the loan officer I was pre-approved from and have instructed him not to transfer the money until they have fixed the issues. I immediately notified the dealership of the issues (withing 24 hours of buying the truck) and got a call back this morning from the salesman. He states" those vibration issues are normal for those trucks, but we can fix it. You are certified and under warranty so you can take it to any Chevy store but we can take care of it". I have read countless stories on here of people having the issues under warranty just like me and either the dealers are performing band aid fixes that aren't permanent or dealer service departments are putting their hands up after multiple attempts to repair and stating "it is a normal amount of shake, deal with it".  Hard to image on JD power has the 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 rated 4.5 out 5 reliability rating with this BS going on.

Suggestions on how to proceed?  My plan is to get something in writing from the dealership that protects me from them just stating "we think the shake is withing tolerance, we are done trying to repair it". I want to tell them I am not going to authorize my lender to release the money for purchase until you have fixed the truck but I am not sure my lender is going to go along with that. I purchased the truck in Missouri which does not have a 3 day return law so that sucks. I can always go the lemon law route as I do believe the shake does substantially affect the value of the vehicle but that sounds like a pain in the ass

Any help would be appreciated, never fails everything is built like ****** these days.

Edited by Bryan Glenn

5 hours ago, Bryan Glenn said:

Just purchased a 2017 Chevy Silverado Z71 Redline edition with the 6.2 ltr (31K miles on it-certified) I bought the truck on 05-23-20 and am experiencing the vibration issues as described in this forum. It is intermittent and I am really worried I am going to get stuck with the nightmare that I can't wake up from. Due to the Memorial day holiday weekend, my credit union has not transferred the money yet. I have emailed the loan officer I was pre-approved from and have instructed him not to transfer the money until they have fixed the issues. I immediately notified the dealership of the issues (withing 24 hours of buying the truck) and got a call back this morning from the salesman. He states" those vibration issues are normal for those trucks, but we can fix it. You are certified and under warranty so you can take it to any Chevy store but we can take care of it". I have read countless stories on here of people having the issues under warranty just like me and either the dealers are performing band aid fixes that aren't permanent or dealer service departments are putting their hands up after multiple attempts to repair and stating "it is a normal amount of shake, deal with it".  Hard to image on JD power has the 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 rated 4.5 out 5 reliability rating with this BS going on.

Suggestions on how to proceed?  My plan is to get something in writing from the dealership that protects me from them just stating "we think the shake is withing tolerance, we are done trying to repair it". I want to tell them I am not going to authorize my lender to release the money for purchase until you have fixed the truck but I am not sure my lender is going to go along with that. I purchased the truck in Missouri which does not have a 3 day return law so that sucks. I can always go the lemon law route as I do believe the shake does substantially affect the value of the vehicle but that sounds like a pain in the ass

Any help would be appreciated, never fails everything is built like ****** these days.

LOl guys says it normal, its not. And they wont fix it its been discussed here to no end and there isnt a pinpoint solution. I think there was several guys here that had the engine shimmed, different drive shafts, rear end rebuilt and several sets of different tires and they still had some vibration.  Good luck with it, thats one of the few problems with them. Honestly, Id cancel the deal.  I had countless problems with my 2014

Edited by Pinnacle

Good news, dealership just agreed to unwind the deal and take the truck back. Shame, love the power and feel of the truck (aside from the vibration issues). Good luck to everyone. 

Anyone have any idea what truck out there is truly reliable. I feel like I can google transmission nightmares with everything but the Tundras.

Thanks