I think dash pads are ugly and for $45,000 I expect to get a quality product. As for if it happens again, the GM at the dealership said if there are any issues with the truck after my new dash is installed they will replace the truck or give me a refund.

And now the parking sensors don't work and the mirrors are frozen open.

What if the replacement truck has the same issue in a couple days/weeks/months.... :uhoh:

Dammit guys.....9yby3u5y.jpg But in all honesty. It's not that bad. Like I was saying. I didn't even notice till this thread popped up. Been driving the truck for 3 months. Sent from my iPhone.

I agree. Not bad enough to obsess about. I understand that everyone expects a good quality product but this is reality folks. Nothing is perfect. And even if you got a perfect truck, how long would it stay perfect?

Edited by pm26

Had the same issue on my LTZ. Dealer replaced hard plastic piece and new one has the same issue on drivers side. Seems it's temperature related. Colder days it sticks up above the soft part of dash, warmer days it lays flat. May try some adhesive.

Its definitely temperature related. Today (mid 50'-60's) and its laying flat. You cant even tell it was there. Yesterday evening (low 40's) it stuck up. Since its 70-80*s almost year round here, ill just look the other way and deal with it. In a couple months the temps will be back to the 80's and i wont have to see it again until next December lol

Good plan.

If We the People don't speak up and SAY and/or DO something when these issues arise, then nothing will ever change. What motivation would GM have to improve if everyone accepts their shoddy workmanship?

I speak from a squeaky rattly '07 Silverado (with wasted upper ball joints at 65k miles, btw) that has done so since day 1. :throwup:

Edited by Jsdirt

Add me too. After reading this thread early this morning at work I did notice after leaving with the defroster on that I had a little warpage issue as well. Prob not near as bad as you folks up north but it was 19 when I got off work this morning. Will make a visit to my dealer soon and c what they say. Not going to have them fix it as I did not even notice it till this thread. Thanks OP...;)

Maybe GM will come out with a fix later on. Will wait till then.

BTW, mine is a GMC SLT.

Edited by fly53usmc

Looked at mine on the way home from work, no warping. Build date on mine is 0613, I've had the truck since early September. We've had some crazy weather for SW Oklahoma. Sept it was over a hundred, last Wednesday it was 70 degrees outside and this past Saturday it was zero outside. High today was 36 & the low was 16. If weather was the culprit for those that have issues, I've experienced some serious temp swings.

Mike

My guess is ... this is due to QUALITY swings more than temperature swings.

One too many "corners" cut, me thinks ...

Personally I can say that "We the people" have been speaking up since my grandfather first complained about the colour of his first new car, purchased in 1909. And "We the people" have continued bitching at every turn. Does not seem to have worked out that good for us.

My guess is that this whole issue is due to different plastics between the main dash, and the clip on trim. Different plastics, different expansion rates. This time of year, my truck has a rattle in the dash. It will be gone again in about a month, then come back for a month sometime in March. Pretty much every car I have ever owned had some environmental caused noise twice a year.

I am surprised that no one complains about the fit of the upper glove box door, or about the mismatched colour of that same door on the SL trim Sierra. The SLE has a black dash, the SL has the two tone dash. Upper glove box door looks like they painted the grey over a red primer. Hard to see in a picture, but real easy to see in person. No sense complaining, I already did that, every truck on my dealers lot had the same discoloured door, and they all have a crappy fit, both SLE and SL on the fit.