Bose system sub location?

Pardo714

I have an LTZ Z71 with the LTZ plus package and the Bose speakers with the bucket seats and center console. It says that I am supposed to have a subwoofer and I had read it talked about in the center console but I do not see it. Where is it and how do I tell it's there and working? If someone has a pic that would be great.

I don't know about the quality of Bose system installed in GM trucks becuase mine does not have it, but I have it in my '09 Impala LTZ and it does not sound any better than the stock non Bose system in my truck. A total waste of money in my opinion. I cannot even compare it to the exellent factory Bose system in my brother's '98 Nissan Maxima. Even after 15 years, it is crystal clear, no distortion at all, no problems to date, and you can crank it up incredibly loud. (It was a $ 1,100 option back in '98 but worth every penny. After that Nissan cheapened their Bose systems too and they were nothing like this version). Compared to the Nissan '98 Bose system, the one in my Impala is a sad joke. It's like comparing a $ 2,000 system to a $ 200 one.

Thanks for the replies. I turned the bass all the way up and can feel the console vibrating. I will agree that the stereo is not what I expected, seems to sound better when I play songs from my iphone through blue tooth than in xm but the system is decent enough for what I need. I must be used to the system in my 2009 Infiniti G37 which cranked.

Brentadam646. It's part of the Bose system if you got the bucket seats with the console and Bose system, also standard with the LTZ plus package and bucket seats the way I read it.

Thanks for the replies. I turned the bass all the way up and can feel the console vibrating. I will agree that the stereo is not what I expected, seems to sound better when I play songs from my iphone through blue tooth than in xm but the system is decent enough for what I need. I must be used to the system in my 2009 Infiniti G37 which cranked.

Brentadam646. It's part of the Bose system if you got the bucket seats with the console and Bose system, also standard with the LTZ plus package and bucket seats the way I read it.

I have an LTZ Z71 with the LTZ plus package and the Bose speakers with the bucket seats and center console. It says that I am supposed to have a subwoofer and I had read it talked about in the center console but I do not see it. Where is it and how do I tell it's there and working? If someone has a pic that would be great.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/153662-adding-subamp-to-ltzslt-bose-system/

Increase the highs, kill the midrange, increase the lows slightly while listening to a song that has low-frequency bass. Even my six speaker Bose sounds quite good and it has no subwoofer, with the EQ adjustments. But, be aware some songs do not have very low frequency notes.

Increase the highs, kill the midrange, increase the lows slightly while listening to a song that has low-frequency bass. Even my six speaker Bose sounds quite good and it has no subwoofer, with the EQ adjustments. But, be aware some songs do not have very low frequency notes.

• 2 months later...

I had a BOSE system in my 06 Silverado and it sounded great, listened to the 2014 with console and it was ok, bought a 2014 with the bench seat, dealership said it was the same as truck with floor console and it is NOT, sounds terrible, basically has only base coming out of the doors, very disappointed. 6 speaker system with no subwhoofer is a terrible design in my opinion, haven't had it a month and am ready to trade and make my case be heard if GM cant fix it.

I had a BOSE system in my 06 Silverado and it sounded great, listened to the 2014 with console and it was ok, bought a 2014 with the bench seat, dealership said it was the same as truck with floor console and it is NOT, sounds terrible, basically has only base coming out of the doors, very disappointed. 6 speaker system with no subwhoofer is a terrible design in my opinion, haven't had it a month and am ready to trade and make my case be heard if GM cant fix it.

That's funny I have bose in my Ltz with the bench and no factory sub. I thought it sounded amazing. I now have 2 10's under my backseat just cuz I'm a bass junkie and like to BUMP.

Archived