POST PICTURES OF YOUR BODY LIFTS (2014+)

Not saying your wrong, but I really can't see a 5mpg drop from just a level and body lift. Maybe with an increase in tire size as well but not with lift alone.

I saw a drop in mileage after the leveling kit, down to about 15 or 16mpg. I saw the rest of the decrease with the body lift and 33in tires.

Edited by jmorgan

Your driving habits must be way different than mine. I am currently in the 13-14 range but that is mostly due to switching to E85. Regular gas I was still around 18-19. Which was mostly due to switch from stock tires to current oversized and much heavier tires. The lifts themselves were minor in my decreased mileage.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Rancho Quicklift, Zone 1.5" body lift. 285 65 18 toyo at II's on 18x9 -12 fuel boosts.

Tell us more about this truck! You did it up right with PVD rims and all! I can fit the 285s with just my level, but that 1.5 BL really gives it a different look. How bad do those -12s kick up junk on the side of your truck? How do you get up into it....you have Amps?

I also really like Z71 Chevy's clean look with stock rims....he says he is rubbing just a bit with those 295/70r18s.

Tell us more about this truck! You did it up right with PVD rims and all! I can fit the 285s with just my level, but that 1.5 BL really gives it a different look. How bad do those -12s kick up junk on the side of your truck? How do you get up into it....you have Amps?

I also really like Z71 Chevy's clean look with stock rims....he says he is rubbing just a bit with those 295/70r18s.

Thanks, it's a work in progress but coming along nicely. I have always had lifted trucks running 35's or larger but wanted something a little more tame this go around old age I suppose, but just wasn't happy with the look just leveled and the body lift put it just right, I really don't want to make any mods that can't be undone which is typical with suspension lifts on IFS front ends. The 285's rubbed a bit in reverse with just the level kit with the -12 back spacing, i originally had raceline assaults with a -6 back space and no rubbing. Obviously no rubbing now with the body lift. As far as the PVD chrome goes, pictures can't do these rims justice, the PVD has a slight greyish graphite tint that looks awesome in the sun not the typical mirror finish like chrome plating. The other unique difference that I like about the PVD is because it's applied using vapor deposition instead of plating the finish has a slight hammered finish to it that looks really cool too, I'll try and get some pics of them closer up, not sure if a camera can capture what your eye actually sees, you really have to see them in person to appreciate it. I have the amp power steps which are great, top notch design on amps part one of the only aftermarket accessories that fit perfect right out of the box without bending or tweeking things to get them to fit properly, but they do require some slight trimming an adjust of things if you put them on with the body lift. you have to modify the ebrake cables and 1 of the factory body mounts on each side for everything to clear properly. it's not amps fault the steps are designed around a factory setup. the -12 offset does kickup a lot of stuff on the side of the truck and I removed the factory mud gaurds which doesn't help matters but it looks way better in my opinion. I'm looking at going to a either a 305 60 18 which i know will clear or possible a 305 65 18 which I think might rub a bit, but can't make up my mind which way to go quite yet. I have attached a picture from last weekend, we went up to Yosemite for the day and that's the aftermath after driving through slush and roads covered in sand. Gives you an idea of what a -12 will do to the side but hey it looks cool.

20151220 150443

I'm looking at going to a either a 305 60 18 which i know will clear or possible a 305 65 18 which I think might rub a bit, but can't make up my mind which way to go quite yet. I have attached a picture from last weekend, we went up to Yosemite for the day and that's the aftermath after driving through slush and roads covered in sand. Gives you an idea of what a -12 will do to the side but hey it looks cool.

Really good looking setup. I guess the -12 is what causes you issues because 305/60s and 65s should fit with just a 2.5" level. I just showed my wife the PVD Boost and she said they don't look that much different from my current rims (Sierra Z71 stockers). I guess she is kinda right but then again, she doesn't understand the awesomeness of offset. :D

Really good looking setup. I guess the -12 is what causes you issues because 305/60s and 65s should fit with just a 2.5" level. I just showed my wife the PVD Boost and she said they don't look that much different from my current rims (Sierra Z71 stockers). I guess she is kinda right but then again, she doesn't understand the awesomeness of offset. :D

Lol, you got to see the PVD in the sun to appreciate it, When I was tire shopping my girlfriend asked if I was going to get some windshield killers. I just laughed, I guess I never looked at from a car drivers view point but the large off set and aggressive tires do kick up some debris.

a411889199191f8510f3d57c2c536450.jpg

2" rough country level, 1.5" zone body lift

295/70r18. 34" OD tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey do u think a 315/70/17 would clear with the same lift set up? The 315 is .79 inches wider and .10 inches taller then the 295/70/18. I only ask cuz I'm thinking about keeping my 17s and that's the closest size I've found to yours with 18s

Edited by levi59912
  • Like 2

Hey do u think a 315/70/17 would clear with the same lift set up? The 315 is .79 inches wider and .10 inches taller then the 295/70/18. I only ask cuz I'm thinking about keeping my 17s and that's the closest size I've found to yours with 18s

You would definitely need to trim the fender liner and maybe even some metal. My tires rub the liner only at full lock in forward and reverse. My offset is +18.

You would definitely need to trim the fender liner and maybe even some metal. My tires rub the liner only at full lock in forward and reverse. My offset is +18.

Sounds like you got away from any swaybar rub with the +18 offset. I wonder if running 0 offset (push the tire out another .78) would alleviate the liner rubbing issue?