2015/2016 colorado/canyon

The wife wants to get a used 2015/2016 colorado/canyon when her lease is up on her car. I was looking more at the v6 for her. Any suggestions? Are these decent little trucks? Fuel mileage, any power? She would probably hang on to it for longer then a couple of years. Any feedback would help. Thanks

Traded my HD for one. So far very nice. I grabbed a deal on a Diesel Midnight edition LT crew cab. The dashboard and control layout is very similar to Silverado/Sierra, yet with a touch of Equinox, mainly the center console and console shifter setup. Good visibility and if you go crew cab, good room in back (feels more comfortable than a Double Cab full size). Really easy to drive (so was my HD, so this is easier if I felt the HD was easy).

how are you liking the diesel in that? I would have her get one, but as much as I love her I dont know if i can trust her not to put gas in it on accident haha.

how are you liking the diesel in that? I would have her get one, but as much as I love her I dont know if i can trust her not to put gas in it on accident haha.

So far so good. Really smooth and quiet. Only 79 miles on it so haven't really "tried" it yet but.

As of today with 160 miles on the odo, 25.5mpg.

• 4 weeks later...

Johnk45, Come over to Spokane when my 2017 Denali arrives the dealer will get my 2015 SLT with every option i could squeeze into it when i ordered it two years ago...21,000 miles of which ten thousand were trips to Texas ( through Montana) at 24.9 mpg.

Johnk45, Come over to Spokane when my 2017 Denali arrives the dealer will get my 2015 SLT with every option i could squeeze into it when i ordered it two years ago...21,000 miles of which ten thousand were trips to Texas ( through Montana) at 24.9 mpg.

Thats decent mileage. Is it the v6?

Yes V6 with six speed auto trans and an engine block heater although the latter was never used because the truck has never been out of the garage at night.

John, I really love the 2015, never had a problem other than a few minor recalls, I got the bug again when the Denali came out and a different engine / transmission was offered. It will cost me a pile of $ to get a new vehicle when the old one literally does not have a scratch on it......jeeze I think I am trying to talk myself out of the new purchase.

GM is using a version of the v6 that will shut down two cylinders if not needed and other updates, the transmission in the 2015 is a six speed that works great. The 2017 is an eight speed which i have not as yet driven but they added a couple of gears i believe in the lower ranges.

Archived