The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

On 1/28/2022 at 8:12 AM, 20Denali21 said:

Definitely one of the affected engines. I'd pass on it and wait for the 22.5 trucks at this point. It'll have a reissue VIN and they'll change it to a 22. 

Kinda feel that way, but damn, It's so close.   I'm at least going to have a look at it. Maybe they will offer some other incentives and it will drop the price a few more dollars.  I also feel like this thing was held up somewhere so they could do all the factory corrections before getting it to customer. Fingers crossed.  we'll see what happens. Maybe I'll hold onto my trade, in case of some catastrophic failure!

Edited by thekcwolf
Added content

I ordered a 5.3 LTZ back in October and was told that GM had canceled my order based on shortage of 5.3 engines. I reordered with a 3.0 diesel on Veterans Day. Had a so-called guaranteed build date of dec 6th. Had been delayed 4 times since then now a build date of 2/21.  In all honesty they will probably have 22.5 on the lots before they finish with all of the LTD orders. If that happens I’ll switch over and get a 22.5. Mine is a repurchase from the leaking rear window that has been replaced several times and still develops leaks  

On 2/3/2022 at 11:01 AM, JohnCasey said:

I ordered a 5.3 LTZ back in October and was told that GM had canceled my order based on shortage of 5.3 engines. I reordered with a 3.0 diesel on Veterans Day. Had a so-called guaranteed build date of dec 6th. Had been delayed 4 times since then now a build date of 2/21.  In all honesty they will probably have 22.5 on the lots before they finish with all of the LTD orders. If that happens I’ll switch over and get a 22.5. Mine is a repurchase from the leaking rear window that has been replaced several times and still develops leaks  

I think you will be getting a 22.5 -- Feb 21 is the new production start date for 22.5 crew cab models.  They won't be building 22 LTDs and 22.5s simultaneously.

On 2/12/2022 at 9:24 PM, SuthrnZ71 said:

So is GM doing rebates if you order a truck kinda like ford does?  I've been out truck shopping but none seem to do more than like 500 off.

I've been in waiting since September. You'll be lucky to find one at MSRP. Basically they offer "incentives". Many dealerships place a "Market Adjustment" on top of the MSRP which you will also be lucky, to chisel them down on that cost, too. There's an article about GMC warning dealers of price gouging, but in this high demand market, you're bound to see some sort of price increase. I've seen dealers with prices on AT4's that have less options, stickered for what I'm waiting for which has all the options. 

Any guesses as to how much longer they will be making and shipping ‘22 limited AT4s? 
has the backlog of trucks sitting in various lots near the factories been depleted, or will there still be a few more months of new limiteds being shipped out 

thanks