The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

I did order July 1 st a 2021 Gmc Sierra Elevation Duramax crew cab X31 regular box. I order it from a dealer located in Ottawa ontario canada. As of now, no production week as been assigned. I'm at week #7 and my dealer told me 8 to 10 weeks delivery. I seen other guys buying Ram's and Ford's and had to wait 20 weeks for the total process. I'm I in the same boat. Around my area all the dealer lots are empty. Some dealers offers to lock a in transit truck. I think I did a mistake ordering instead of locking a in transit truck. 

3 hours ago, gizmomcd1025 said:

I ordered a 2021 Denali 3.0 Duramax ơn 4/1 from Laura GMC, but never got the allocation.

On 6/15, I placed an order for same truck in KY.  It went to 3400 production last week.   Hoping to see it in September.

How you end up knowing your dealer didn’t had the allocation. I have an order number and I think my dealer know if he as the allocation. And on the GM chat they see my order.

The original dealer told me they were waiting on allocation.  The GMC chat feature told me my order was placed, but not accepted by GM.   It stayed that way for 10 weeks from 4/1 to 6/15. 

I dealt with a dealership in KY and they let me order on 6/15.   They called me when they actually got allocation (late July) and then it started to process.   GMC chat then says order accepted by GM for production.   

It was supposed to be actually produced last week.   So hopefully will have it soon.

I have an update on my story.  After 7 months of waiting on a a vehicle that I ordered and was produced back in February, I decided to cut my losses and get off this roller coaster ride.  I found a dealer that had a truck that was already enroute.  It is almost identical to the truck I ordered, plus/minus a few options.  Best news was it was built in Ft.Wayne instead of Silao like the truck I had ordered.  Took delivery and ironically the VIN sticker says it was built 8/21 so it’s a fresh one right off the line.  I ended up paying MSRP, minus GM rebates.  Not as good of a deal as the one I negotiated back in January but I also expect the rebates to go to zero in a few months.  They were over $5k back in January and now are at only $2500.  They have been steadily declining the entire time.  All things considered, I am out only a couple thousand dollars which I would have gladly forked over to get a fresh USA built truck versus one that has been sitting in the Mexico sun for months.

Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting.  My advice would be to get pro active and find something on its way to a dealer.  I do not see this ending anytime soon and it will take a long time for the log jam of trucks to clear.  I wouldn’t want to be the one taking delivery of a truck that is already a year old.  We are probably approaching that point.  

By the way, the truck is incredible.  

I'm thinking bailing out and go like you did SLTblue. I wont be waiting 7 months. After 3 see you alligator. I text my salesman about if he has the allocation and since Friday no reply. I have my oder number and GM canada sees it and I dont have more info.  The last response from my salesman '' THE TRUCK IS STILL BEING BUILT HOPEFULLY WE SHOULD HAVE IT WITHIN 3 WEEKS TO A MONTH AT THE MOST''.

I luckily found my new AT4 at a dealer last Saturday. It has a build date of 2/21. Came off the truck on 8/27/21.  It has everything it’s supposed to have (S/S, DFM, technology package, rear heated seats). Most of the newer trucks don’t get those things due to the chip shortage. I suspect they’re trying to deliver all the 21’s sitting in the lots so they can move on to the 22’s.