The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

I have an order for a 2022 3500HD SLE double/long 4X4 that was placed last month with Event Description 1100 - Preliminary Order Accepted.  As I look over the output from the Order Workbench I see packages listed but then some of the items that should be in a package are not listed.  For example, Driver Alert Packages I and II (PQB/PDJ) are listed but items in those packages like Rear Cross Traffic, Lane Departure and Lane Change (UFG, UFL and UKC) are not.

There are discussions on this chip gap on forums but I cannot find anything official from GM on what is happening and its mitigation process.  I would like to know if these items may automatically be installed at time of build if components exist?  Or, can these items be added at a later date by the dealer?  What are others doing with their builds?

Thanks

A lot of trucks are showing up without some of the features and GM gives a $50 to $75 credit depending on the feature.  When I was shopping for my AT4, I noticed that new 1500s were coming without the following features:

HD Radio

Rear Heated Seats

AFM/DFM

Auto Start/Stop

Wireless Phone Charger

Technology Package (HD Surround Cameras & HUD)

My truck was a Feb 2021 build delivered on 8/28 and it had everything installed.  I think new builds just will not get these features.  I believe that the safety package requires the technology package as it uses the surround cameras.

The other thing that appears to be on restraint are some of the assist steps.  My truck didn't come with any and I can't find any that I want anywhere.

Edited by TxTruckMan

After almost 6 months, it finally arrived.

Dealer priced at MSRP.

Dealer honored supplier pricing & $2,750 in rebates.  Absolutely a great deal in today's environment.  

Denali 3.0L   Produced one week before the duramax got stopped.   Has everything I ordered (Driver Alert II) except they deleted HD radio and read heated seats.

Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 9.18.10 AM.png

Finally getting around to sharing my experience! I stopped at the dealer on June 16th just to get pricing and to see if I was even able to afford a new truck. The dealer gave me great prices on my trades, dealer discount, Costco discount and the GM discounts so I was happy to hear it was going to be possible!! They order my truck on June 18th. The only options I added were steering wheel controls, trailer brake, spray on bed liner and the 6.2L so there were no delays. They told me 8 weeks and my truck should be in which I thought was never going to happen. I took delivery on September 16th!! I came from a 05' Silverado, 5.3, 6" lift and 35's so this 6.2L is an insane difference in power! 

image2.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by bgardner119

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard anything about the 3.0 Duramax availability since the news of the halt in production in late August?  Mine is on hold for parts.  I'm seeing some 3.0 Duramax show up on the GMC inventory page (of course they are all sold) lately so it has me thinking that there are some being finished?  My deal doesn't have great updates on this so hoping people have info to share?

Yes, the dealership will have all the info on the 2022 Limited.  I ordered mine on 08/19/21 and as is scheduled to be built this week.  If you are waiting on the 2022 refreshed model, reports are they will be taking orders after the first of the year with delivery late spring, 2022.

My 2022 Limited AT4 with the 3.0 Diesel was built today, started after midnight.  I am about 30 minutes from the factory and know a few supervisors.....one told me that I was the 239th 2022 produced.  He was hoping to get pics but was unable as the truck was done and Bayed by the time he got to work.  Anyway, it will likely sit in that spot for another month before it is delivered but at least I was able to sneak in the order for the Diesel.  

I put a deposit on a truck (‘21 LT TB) that was “in transit”.  We all know that it isn’t.  Dealer is giving me the 4D00 missing parts story.   I contacted GM and gave them the VIN and asked for the build sheet.  The sheet shows the build date to be in FEB.  seriously? 

I’m hoping it will be here before Christmas.    How long do y’all think?