The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

On 8/1/2021 at 2:56 PM, Nolen83 said:

A Chevy chat rep told me a couple of weeks ago that there was an update as of 6/28 that said it was released from quality control. At the time I thought it meant the chip had been installed and I got happy. A month later still no shipment, but if you also heard something similar maybe it really is just waiting for shipment. Not sure if I should be hopeful or even more pissed at that hah.

Is yours being produced in Mexico or Ft Wayne?

Well I think I just took an escape hatch. My dealer got notice of a truck coming in almost exactly like mine. The only two differences are that the front bowtie is gold ( easy to change)  and this one was made after the start/stop function was no longer being added (no complaints.) He has agreed to sell it to me with the original order's deal. I think he is tired of hearing from me. This one is coming from Mexico. Plain ole LT 1500. It is on a train in Texas so I think I might actually see this one this century.

13 hours ago, Nolen83 said:

Well I think I just took an escape hatch. My dealer got notice of a truck coming in almost exactly like mine. The only two differences are that the front bowtie is gold ( easy to change)  and this one was made after the start/stop function was no longer being added (no complaints.) He has agreed to sell it to me with the original order's deal. I think he is tired of hearing from me. This one is coming from Mexico. Plain ole LT 1500. It is on a train in Texas so I think I might actually see this one this century.

Happy for you but clearly they are shipping them out of order.  We all know that was assembled well after February.  

To followup on my July 25 posting, I received my truck a month and a day after putting down my deposit on a truck, "in transit."  I paid for the truck in full before it arrived to lock in the GM discounts and Costco discount that were due to reset August 2, which was kind of a gamble on my part.  The truck arrived a few days later but GM had the gall to send me a dealer satisfaction survey after I had paid in full but before I had received the truck!  I told them the dealer was stuck in this mess that they had created just as I am and that they should be ashamed for not being transparent, truthful, and forthright!  I'm sure it fell on deaf ears.

It was $1000 credit invoiced by the dealer but it ended August 2.  I don't see it on the Costco site now.  I got one in 2017 but if I remember correctly, that time it was a $1000 Costco gift card.

I went to Chevy locator (I goggled it) and was able to select the options I was looking for (LTZ premium package, Technology package, Z71 Off road and protection package, engine size, and color) within 500 miles from my zip. Found the exact truck I wanted within 270 miles from me, AND it was in stock. Also received $3500 off with GM incentives.

Edited by coinman

Ok, just ordered a 2021 RST Z71 Duramax with standard bed. Dealer said arrival would be 12-16 weeks. Looking for feedback on your experience with ordering if in the last couple of month. How did the dealer stick with your trade estimates and did rebates stay the same or drop off. I live in the PNW and dealer mark ups are over $5k and there’s nothing in stock in the whole state, so ordering was the only method. BTW, got the vehicle for MSRP minus &3k in incentives if they hold up. Thanks 

16 minutes ago, Nolen83 said:

Good deal. Mine has been at the destination rail yard since Monday. Anyone have any experience on how long it takes to go from rail yard to dealer?

Where I'm located at it is pretty fast from rail yard to dealer.  Maybe a couple days.  Just depends on if they can find a trucker to haul them or not.  Sometimes the dealer will just send someone up there to haul it back. 

On 8/2/2021 at 6:18 PM, SLTBlue said:

Mexico here.  

Looks like the three of us are in the same boat.  Let’s try to each other informed of any updates.  Any news is good news at this point.

To update you, mine is on the rail now.   Not sure if yours is yet.  I know we both have ours in Mexico.