Zane

The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

It's never too early to start talking about the process of shopping around for a dealer, pricing, the ordering process, deposits, and production delivery times.  Although we're still months away from orders being accepted, this thread is meant to be a place where everyone can check in and share their experiences as they go through the process. 

I'm also going to document as many important dates in this initial post as I can. I'll attempt to keep everyone up to date on start of production, any ordering limitations, and when the ordering system will go live. 

NEW UPDATES AS OF: April 25th, 2018

T1XX-  2019 Chevrolet Silverado and 2019 GMC Sierra - Important Ordering / Production Dates

Pre-Production:  NOW - Captured Test Fleet Production Confirmed as of March 31st.

Fleet Order Entry Avaliable On

• Crew Cab: 4/26/18
  • Double Cab:  6/21/18
  • Regular Cab: TBD

Retail Initial Consensus Month

• Crew Cab: May 1st
  • Double Cab:  August 1st

Initial Dealer Order Submission Process (DOSP)

• Crew Cab: 5/17/18
  • Double Cab:  8/16/18

Production Start Up For Dealer Delivery

• Crew Cab: Quarter 3 - July/August/September
  • Double Cab: Quarter 4 - October November December

2019 Chevrolet Silverado Start Up Schedule

2019_Silverado_Ordering01.jpg

2019_Silverado_Ordering02.jpg

2019_Silverado_Ordering03.jpg

2019_Silverado_Ordering04.jpg

2019_Silverado_Ordering05.jpg

2019 GMC Sierra Start Up Schedule

2019_GMC_Sierra_StartupSchedule.jpg

This post will be updated whenever new information becomes available. Please contact me if you can help clarify any of these dates.

• Like 2

On 3/5/2018 at 7:55 AM, Zane said:

It's never too early to start talking about the process of shopping around for a dealer, pricing, the ordering process, deposits, and production delivery times.  Although we're still months away from orders being accepted, this thread is meant to be a place where everyone can check in and share their experiences as they go through the process. 

I'm also going to document as many important dates in this initial post as I can. I'll attempt to keep everyone up to date on start of production, any ordering limitations, and when the ordering system will go live. 

T1XX-  2019 Chevrolet Silverado and 2019 GMC Sierra - Important Ordering / Production Dates

Orders will begin to be accepted: June-July

Pre-Production will begin: TBD
Production will begin:  TBD

Shipments to dealers will begin:  August - October

This post will be updated whenever new information becomes available. Please contact me if you can help clarify any of these dates.

Sweet! May have to talk to my local GMC dealer about ordering a 2019 Denali. 

According to what I can see on both of these websites below, the 2019 Silverado double cab order acceptance will start March 29th and production starting June 11th. I am unsure on what 2019 model this is, If it is the all new Silverado or if it is the current one (2019 Silverado Legacy its called)

https://www.donlen.com/buildstart-trucks-gm.html

https://www.arifleet.com/resources/manufacturing-updates/build-out-start-up-dates/

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:38 PM, silveradonationfan15 said:

According to what I can see on both of these websites below, the 2019 Silverado double cab order acceptance will start March 29th and production starting June 11th. I am unsure on what 2019 model this is, If it is the all new Silverado or if it is the current one (2019 Silverado Legacy its called)

https://www.donlen.com/buildstart-trucks-gm.html

https://www.arifleet.com/resources/manufacturing-updates/build-out-start-up-dates/

Anyone know any details about what I just said above? I cant seem to find any order information about the 2019 1500's

I need everyone's advice on when I need to place my order.  I will need to take delivery around the first of October that is when my lease is up on my F150.  I would just trade it in but from what I've been told almost nobody other than another Ford Dealership wants to deal with a Ford lease.  I am not ordering nothing crazy just want to make sure that a black Denali ultimate 4x4with black interior will be available when my lease ends.

I know it usually takes 6 to 8 weeks on orders so that should put me ordering the first of August or should I order sooner since it looks like production will start June or July for the 2019's.  I would hate to wait and place my order a month or two after productions start and get a 12 week or more back log.  Has anyone had experience with this before and what is everyone's opinion on this.

6 hours ago, strickland604 said:

I need everyone's advice on when I need to place my order.  I will need to take delivery around the first of October that is when my lease is up on my F150.  I would just trade it in but from what I've been told almost nobody other than another Ford Dealership wants to deal with a Ford lease.  I am not ordering nothing crazy just want to make sure that a black Denali ultimate 4x4with black interior will be available when my lease ends.

I know it usually takes 6 to 8 weeks on orders so that should put me ordering the first of August or should I order sooner since it looks like production will start June or July for the 2019's.  I would hate to wait and place my order a month or two after productions start and get a 12 week or more back log.  Has anyone had experience with this before and what is everyone's opinion on this.

Id would order mid July, usually when production plant switches and starts up on a new model it isn't set full capacity. I seen somewhere production on the crew cabs starts July 23rd

On 3/18/2018 at 3:23 PM, silveradonationfan15 said:

Anyone know any details about what I just said above? I cant seem to find any order information about the 2019 1500's

I stopped at my local GM dealer  this afternoon and yes, these dates are correct.  You could order your 2019 double cab today, without pricing, and he confirmed the startup dates.  No dates listed yet for the crew cab.

What I found interesting is on the order form, the exterior colors are the same as last year models.  At least for the double cabs.

It would be hard for me to order a truck with no pricing especially since most dealers will want a deposit.  I imagine the orders for the crew cabs will start the end of April or first of May.  I will hopefully be ordering a Denali but I want to know what the price is first and what the dealer will sell it to me for before I order it. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, packcrew said:

I stopped at my local GM dealer  this afternoon and yes, these dates are correct.  You could order your 2019 double cab today, without pricing, and he confirmed the startup dates.  No dates listed yet for the crew cab.

What I found interesting is on the order form, the exterior colors are the same as last year models.  At least for the double cabs.

2019 Double cab ordering right now is for the OLD body style continuation trucks, aka Silverado Legacy.  They start up 6/11/18. 

https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2018&butID=1&regionID=1&divisionID=1&vehicleID=21425&type=0

2019 NEW body style all cabs are TBD on ordering dates and production startup. 

Edited by newdude

3 hours ago, packcrew said:

Acturally I looked into this also this past week and I discovered this ordering is for the 2019 "old" Silverado! its now called the silverado legacy. you can only get WT, LT and LT2 models

I know they have shown 3/4 ton work truck reg cab pics. Anyone seed any 1/2 to ones? I remember last time in 2013 a member here photo shopped one for us reg cab guys! 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Likarok said:

I know they have shown 3/4 ton work truck reg cab pics. Anyone seed any 1/2 to ones? I remember last time in 2013 a member here photo shopped one for us reg cab guys! 

Real good question....With Ram discontinuing the regular cabs for 2019 it made me nervous Chevrolet might stop selling the consumer type regular cabs.....hopefully not !

19 hours ago, Likarok said:

Chevy showed the Regular Cab in WT trim when they unveiled the Silverado:  https://goo.gl/images/r4wFZx

Anyone have any update on when ordering will begin on the '19 Sierra Denali 1500?