In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Zane

The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

The order guide is out!!!!!!!! AND the new 5.3L makes 355hp!

6.2L only goes up 5hp to 425 lol

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L
4.5" Zone
22x10 American Force Grips
33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Instagram @wildchevys

5 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

6.2L only goes up 5hp to 425 lol

4.5" Zone
Instagram @wildchevys

What a let down loll, I was really hoping for 375hp!

What a let down loll, I was really hoping for 375hp!

Me too, and 450 for the 6.2

4.5" Zone
Instagram @wildchevys

2 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

Me too, and 450 for the 6.2

4.5" Zone
Instagram @wildchevys

Also no 6.2L for the LTtrailboss, and theres no sign of the 3.0L diesel and I never seen the option for crew cab 6ft box option

Did the order guide state the 2019 6.2L will have 450lb ft of torque? How’s that possible if the current 6.2 has 460lb ft? 

Did the order guide state the 2019 6.2L will have 450lb ft of torque? How’s that possible if the current 6.2 has 460lb ft? 

I just saw the 425HP

4.5" Zone
Instagram @wildchevys

5 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

I just saw the 425HP

4.5" Zone
Instagram @wildchevys

https://www.tfltruck.com/2018/04/49203/

I’m really hoping this is for the 2019 Classic models & not the new T1’s. Those numbers are pretty disappointing honestly. However some items, like dual exhaust tips, make it seem like it’s for the new models. Oh well, guess we’ll just have to wait for the official announcement.

Edited by EChavez

59 minutes ago, EChavez said:

I’m really hoping this is for the 2019 Classic models & not the new T1’s. Those numbers are pretty disappointing honestly. However some items, like dual exhaust tips, make it seem like it’s for the new models. Oh well, guess we’ll just have to wait for the official announcement.

No this is for the all new 2019 Silverado’s. I’m pretty disappointed also for many reasons. First the only models available to get the 6.2 are the LTZ and High Country. Which is the same as last the 2018 models. Also I wanted either the RST or the high country with the 6.2. Well can’t get the RST with the 6.2. Then If you want the 6.2 in the high country you HAVE to get 4wd? WTF?! I have a 2016 HC with the 6.2 and 2wd. I am very disappointed. Also the 6.2 went to 425 hp then down to 450 tq?! Lol 

Very very disappointing

4.5" Zone
Instagram @wildchevys

Doesn't appear to be an option for Automatic Cruise Control. If so I'm out.

1 hour ago, gmissed said:

Doesn't appear to be an option for Automatic Cruise Control. If so I'm out.

Yeah didn’t see that either. That would of been nice to have since the F150 already has it. Not sure about the Dodge Ram. 

I'd be a little skeptical of that news until GM actually releases the info, I'd be hard pressed to believe that they left the power numbers alone. 

But, we are dealing with GM here. 

This is why ford will win the truck battles. They offer their highest rated motor in almost any trim ( yes I know not the raptor eco). I can get the 3.5 eco with the 10spd in a XL, Chevy is making me purchase a Ltz or HC. Back to Ford I go, hi ho hi ho.

7 minutes ago, Jr09country6.2 said:

This is why ford will win the truck battles. They offer their highest rated motor in almost any trim ( yes I know not the raptor eco). I can get the 3.5 eco with the 10spd in a XL, Chevy is making me purchase a Ltz or HC. Back to Ford I go, hi ho hi ho.

You joined just to tell everyone that? :rolleyes: Gee wonder what you are?

Tyler

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Derek Adamson
      2005 Chevrolet Silverado
      4x4 Z71
      5.3 Gasoline

Looking for some help, I’ve talked to a few different shops about the problem I’m having.
      Basically my fuel gauge isn’t working it always reads empty, and before it was completely shot, it would read normally and shut off, only to come back on a few minutes later. One day it shut off, and never came back on, so I assumed it was the fuel sending unit, so I replaced the fuel pump with a Delphi, I had the same issue so I returned it for an ACDelco because I’ve had experiences with the Delphi pumps being defective, but after I replaced the Delphi with the ACDelco I still had the same problem, I just replaced the Instrument cluster last year so I’m not thinking that’s the problem, the electrical is all plugged in and there is no corrosion whatsoever. Like I’ve said I’ve taken it to shops and everyone tells me the same thing, that they’re mind boggled and can’t figure it out.. I’m stumped too. Ive looked at everything I’ve thought to look at, maybe someone can approach this at a different angle and give me some ideas of what I can do to find the issue.
      thanks for taking the time to read and reply.
      if you need to know anything else about the truck I will answer.

• By 2003 SSEi
      Ok Members,

Here is the all inclusive way to swap a GMC K2xx 1500 front bumper to a 2500 Front Bumper.  This is for the Sierra only, the Silverado is/may be different.

First lets start with what IS needed the part numbers if applicable.

HD Grille (PN Varies )
      HD Bumper assembly (PN varies)
      HD "headlight fillers"( GM list's them as 'Top Cap Assembly)
      --------LH PN 22831429 Paintable
      --------RH PN 22831430 Paintable
      HD headlight filler brackets ( GM lists them as Fascia Bracket assembly)
      --------LH PN 23451021
      --------RH PN 23451022

****I will also mention the Front bumper to  inner Frame support brackets.  I got them with my 2500 bumper when I purchased it, so I used them, and they work and fit great.  Im sure but cant say for certain if the 1500 bumper for frame supports can be made to work. 

Once all the swap parts are acquired, then you can begin modifying the parts on the current truck

The 1500 Bumper mounts have to be used.  I attempted to try and use the 2500 brackets and the mounting holes are in the wrong location, as well as it makes the bumper sit way too far forward away from the truck,

As for the 1500 modifications, the 3 mounting holes will need slotted so the bumper brackets can sit lower to accommodate the additional height of the new bumper.  Reinstall the brackets and drop them down until they hit the frame.  ***** I spaced my brackets up a bit off of the frame.  I felt the gap between the headlight fillers/grille, and the bumper was too much.  with a little spacing you can get the gap nice and tight*****

I also used 3 additional washers behind the brackets to space the bracket away from the frame.  With out the additional spacing the bumper sat too close and didn't align in the wheel well 

Once the frame brackets are situated, you can move onto the fascia brackets.  they are a simple swap, unbolt the 1500 and swap them for the 2500 brackets

Now install the headlight fillers onto the fascia brackets that were just installed.  The headlight filler assembly's will also use a bolt location from the 1500 grille that the 2500 does not use. 

Now its time for the bumper.  Install the bumper onto the frame brackets.  The 1500 brackets will only allow the Upper hole closest to the grille to be used for attachment.  The Bumper will fit pretty tight onto the brackets.  As I said earlier I was able to use the 2500 Inner bumper to frame brackets ,  they were the correct length, and shape to fit around the frame Mounts

The last big modification is the fender well trim.  The 1500 trim is much longer as shown by the blue tape line.  The trim needs cut on the bottom of the tape to align with the headlight fillers

When it’s all said and done the top pic is the OEM 1500 Denali and the Bottom is the 2500 Denali Swap (yes I know the fog lights aren’t in but I was excited to take a pic)

• By FF259
      I have a 2006 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4. A/c has been out for over 2 years had a bad compressor never got around to fixing it. Today I replaced the compressor, condenser, accumulator, orifice tube, and flushed all lines. Took it up to my buddy at the dealership and we charged it up. Put it under vacuum for a bit and no leaks. Drove home about 12 miles no problems blew ice cold. Left to go to the store about 2 hours later started it up the ac button was on but clutch wasn’t engaged and ac blowing warm. Turned the button off then back on clutch engaged and blew ice cold. About 10-15 seconds clutch disengages blows hot cycle the button again blows cold again. Every 10 seconds or so it blows hot and I have to cycle the ac button on the dash again get cold air.
      I know the compressor clutch should cycle on and off that’s normal but I don’t think it should be that frequent and you shouldn’t feel that significant of a temperature change right? And when it cycles off it doesn’t come back on unless you cycle the button. 

I’m thinking a issue with the low pressure switch on the accumulator but any advice?