The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

12 minutes ago, Michael Ota said:

I feel ripped off. I didnt know that GM stopped HD radio in 2021 and up. Asked during the test drive and salesperson just said I dont know how to retrieve those. Same with finance guy when asked about it. They say since it doesnt say HD radio on the stick its not false advertising and Premium sound system isnt HD radio. GM and dealerships should be up front about this when asked. 

They don't know half of the bs on these vehicles. 

They probably don't care either. 

I've bought 5 trucks from the same salesman in the last 10 years. He's no smarter now than he was 10 years ago. Heck of a nice guy though.

On 3/23/2023 at 12:54 PM, Michael Ota said:

I feel ripped off. I didnt know that GM stopped HD radio in 2021 and up. Asked during the test drive and salesperson just said I dont know how to retrieve those. Same with finance guy when asked about it. They say since it doesnt say HD radio on the stick its not false advertising and Premium sound system isnt HD radio. GM and dealerships should be up front about this when asked. 

Why would you expect GM and/or their dealers/salesmen to list all the stuff they used to include w vehicles, but no longer do?  NOBODY does that.  And nobody in their right mind expects them do to that.  That would be like giving the customer a nice long list of reasons to not buy the vehicle.  And it's not like they can read your mind to know you are interested in HD radio, so they can tell you it's not there without you asking.

As for not knowing about it, after you asked them, well, that's not on GM, that's on the sales guy.  Some take pride in their work, and try to learn about the vehicles and what's changed, some will say IDK, but I'll find out for you, some will lie, and some will will tell you to tell you that you have to find that out from someone else.  You have to decide whether or not to continue with that salesman and/or dealer, depending on their answer...

• Like 1

On 3/23/2023 at 3:10 PM, dieselfan1 said:

They don't know half of the bs on these vehicles. 

They probably don't care either. 

I've bought 5 trucks from the same salesman in the last 10 years. He's no smarter now than he was 10 years ago. Heck of a nice guy though.

Ha same here but I’ve been buying from the same guy over  25years!

Pro tip: do your research before you go pull the trigger.  

Edited by ram1067

• 4 weeks later...

Opinions needed.  Do I keep my low miles (16K) 2014 Sierra SLT (4WD dbl cab, 5.3L, Max trailer pkg), or run the risk and order a new 2024 and wait for the 6-8 month (or longer)?

Are the these new gen trucks worth it, or not?  Thanks.

28 minutes ago, norm69 said:

Opinions needed.  Do I keep my low miles (16K) 2014 Sierra SLT (4WD dbl cab, 5.3L, Max trailer pkg), or run the risk and order a new 2024 and wait for the 6-8 month (or longer)?

Are the these new gen trucks worth it, or not?  Thanks.

I’d wait until the prices stabilize. I’d paid 27K for my 14 Texas Edition. Yes I got a deal, the only reason I bought it. That same truck is more than double, similar equipment. There’s nothing that could fail that would cause me to trade in your truck. Unless trading your truck would cut the new one in half and you’re going to use it more. A lot more.

Thanks for the reply, I think I already know the answer, just wanted some feedback.  Yeah, things are crazy now, not sure if they will ever "stabilize".  I believe the auto makers are using supply chain, etc. to keep inventories low and prices up and know folks will wait for an ordered full MSRP truck.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After waiting almost a year to place an order (combination of Trail Boss, 6.2L, Convenience package, etc all being hit by different constraints), my dealer finally put my order in back in February. They always told me roughly 8 weeks from order to delivery, and they're not far off. Just got word that it will be here the second week of May, which puts it closer to 10 weeks, but not bad.

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

I ordered a 2024 Silverado RST, 6.2, Glacier Blue, Max tow package, black leather interior, sunroof, etc on December 30, 2024. First of February i get a call from my salesman, says GM has denied the order based on color. Glacier Blue not offered. Ok, i change to Radiant Red Tintcoat, that was my favorite until Glacier Blue came out. I called last night just to get a status update, says the order is still sitting in preliminary. 

So, i guess i'll wait longer. My dad ordered his C10 in 1964, took him 6 weeks to get his. Mine, i guess a little longer.