The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

2 hours ago, gt tangerine said:

Anyone with a build date mid/end of may get an update yet?

my event code is 4200 since 5/30/22 but everyone still says it’s awaiting chips.

the wait is long and hard.

I have one that was built 6/16 and has been sitting at event code 3800 since then.  My dealer said might get it by mid September. 

• 2 weeks later...

I got an order on a 22 AT4 6.2 and it has a event code of 3000 and already has a TPW 8/29. I didn't think they received a TPW at event code 3000 and I also thought the 6.2 was under constraint? Really has me wondering if it will get pushed back.

4 hours ago, Fla Eagle said:

I got an order on a 22 AT4 6.2 and it has a event code of 3000 and already has a TPW 8/29. I didn't think they received a TPW at event code 3000 and I also thought the 6.2 was under constraint? Really has me wondering if it will get pushed back.

8/29 is when the 2023s are supposed to start being produced.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/25/2022 at 1:57 PM, gt tangerine said:

Anyone with a build date mid/end of may get an update yet?

my event code is 4200 since 5/30/22 but everyone still says it’s awaiting chips.

the wait is long and hard.

Any luck getting yours yet?

• 1 month later...

So I was looking, and it seems most trucks at my local dealer are all coming from Ft Way, the Silao plant stuff seems to be on hold longer?  My order was built 6/6/22 and I am still waiting. 22 AT4 6.2 with standard bed. I have a feeling the technology pack is one of my bigger hold ups now.  Current code is 4D00 - Vehicle on Hold.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ordered a 2022 Sierra 1500 SLT with 3.0 Duramax in early April.  Got notification it was built awaiting shipping 1st week in July.  Neither dealer nor GMC was able to give me any meaningful updates - finally got fed up and found a 2022 Limited with most of what I wanted at another dealer and bought it in August.  2 weeks ago I got a "congratulations your truck is shipping" email from GM.  I see the truck I ordered on the dealers lot - already told them months ago I had no interest.  GM's complete failure to communicate in any meaningful way for months was quite frustrating.  Anyway I'm quite happy with the 2022 Limited.  Good luck to all those patient enough to keep waiting.  Glad I pulled the trigger when I did, took advantage of the 0% financing for 3 years GM was offering at the time and got a very good offer on my trade in.  2018 tacoma trd off road with 33k miles - got 32,500 on trade in having paid 36 - can't complain about that.

• 1 month later...

Ordering these days is a crap shoot at best .

Just traded my 22 LTD High Country 6.2 for a 23 High Country 6.2 today.

Last two months I kept looking and looking at dealers within 100 miles for what I was looking for and never found it. Then I used the Chevy website and built what I wanted. Then did a search. Could find some that were close to checking all the boxes. I wasn't going to compromise for almost 80K.

Low and behold my local dealer got one on March 18. Saw it on website Sunday 19th bought on 20th picked up today the 22nd.

You have to pounce on it but you get the exact truck you want.

I feel ripped off. I didnt know that GM stopped HD radio in 2021 and up. Asked during the test drive and salesperson just said I dont know how to retrieve those. Same with finance guy when asked about it. They say since it doesnt say HD radio on the stick its not false advertising and Premium sound system isnt HD radio. GM and dealerships should be up front about this when asked.