The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

On 10/12/2021 at 10:03 PM, Brian Howenstine said:

My 2022 Limited AT4 with the 3.0 Diesel was built today, started after midnight.  I am about 30 minutes from the factory and know a few supervisors.....one told me that I was the 239th 2022 produced.  He was hoping to get pics but was unable as the truck was done and Bayed by the time he got to work.  Anyway, it will likely sit in that spot for another month before it is delivered but at least I was able to sneak in the order for the Diesel.  

interesting.. so they did start producing diesels again?   Do you know if they are finishing the build-shy diesels or just building completes for now?

5 hours ago, keerf said:

interesting.. so they did start producing diesels again?   Do you know if they are finishing the build-shy diesels or just building completes for now?

I know that I got my order in the first and only week that my dealer had an allocation for an AT4.  The diesel is the standard motor in the 2022 limited.  I think I just got lucky. My dealer sent me a screenshot that said "Bayed Ready"  Transportation is a huge issue too, so I am not looking to see it for a few weeks even though I am 30 miles from my truck sitting at the plant.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey everyone! 

New member, just wanted to stop in and say hi on this thread. It has helped me tremendously to understand the GM ordering process.

I'm in the same boat as many here... ordered a 6.2 Trailboss LT on March 22nd 2021... finally got allocation on August 2021. Made a few final changes and was code 2000 in mid-September. 3000 early October, and then 3400 mid to late October. 

Funny thing is my TPW was and still is scheduled at first week of November, but my status as of today still hasn't moved up to 3800, I'm still at 3400.

I have a bad feeling it has something to do with the recent changes to heated seats and heated steering wheel availability due to the chip situation... which is a real bummer since I am up north in Canada. 

I have the leather package as well...so unfortunately I think that cold winters and leather seating without heated seats may be a no go for me. After all of this wait, I may end up leaving it on the lot when it gets here.

Hoping mine was built before these changes and the code just didn't change yet. 🤞

Wishing everyone waiting on their new wheels the best of luck. 

• 1 month later...

I'm just curious how you guys are getting updates on the build progress of your truck. I ordered a 2022 elevation 3.0 Duramax around the start of Nov. Dealer told me they can't give me an ETA or update, they have no way of getting that info. Basically I just have to wait until it shows up at their lot. They estimate 6 to 8 months. If I get sick of waiting I can cancel and get my deposit back. I'm in Canada so maybe it's different here. I'm not sure.

Also they told me there's a parts shortage for the 3.0 so there's a possibility they may not even build it at all. Any truth to this? Searched online but could only find info about the halt in production for 2021.

The dealer, IF they received an allocation and ordered your 2022 Elevation, is given a order number.  If he cannot give you the accepted order number from GMC, then in all likelihood, they have not ordered the truck because they have not received that allocation.  They can tell you it's "ordered" with the dealership but not with GMC.  Big difference.  I received my order number the day my dealer received an accepted order status from GMC.  I could follow along the process by using the chat feature on gmc.com but only with the order number.  

I ordered a 2022 AT4 on August 19th, Built on October 14th and delivered to my dealer on November 4th.  It has the Duramax but I had ordered mine right before they announced the shortage of parts for the Duramax.  My only explanation for my build that was 100% complete, is that it just happened at the right time.  I got all my options without any issues including the heated seats, adaptive cruise, wireless Carplay, etc.  It was the 288th truck produced in the 2022 LTD model year.  I am 35 miles from the Fort Wayne plant and had a couple of friends that are supervisors that followed my build closely once it was in production.  

It is a frustrating process, especially in today's environment.  It is not going to end anytime soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Cross posted in Build Times thread but...

I place the order for my Sierra 3500 at the end of August 2021 with a complete understanding of the restraints placed on the auto industry due to the lack of materials and settled in to wait for acceptance of this order. In mid-November I was notified by GM that my truck order was accepted with no constraints and was scheduled to be built. Notification was later received that the truck had been built November 18th with a VIN assigned. A follow-on notification informed me that my truck was in transit to the dealership with an anticipated delivery date of December 6th which never came to fruition. I even sold my existing truck based on this date. Now that I am vehicle less. This order has now been escalated to the "Executive Resolution Team I continue to receive many excuses for the delay of delivery with the truck’s status constantly changing to and in this order: 

• 12/6 - Delivery ETA
  • 12/8 – Ready to ship 
  • 12/13 - At up fitters getting the spray-in bed liners installed 
  • 12/16 - Sitting in Flint Michigan  
  • 12/17 - In QC inspection 
  • 12/21 – No ETA 
  • 1/3 - Delivery to dealership.  yet it is still sitting in Flint Michigan!

Although this had been escalated to the Executive Resolution team I am always told by GM "Your dealership will be in the best position to provide further insight. I would suggest reaching out to your dealership for further updates or information" Who happens to know as much as me. I wish they would just give an honest answer as this is unrepairable harm they are doing to GMC.

I just got off the phone with the GM Executive Escalation team who now informs me that once released for transport it is out of their hands and I need to speak to the dealership. Having now done both, I informed each that I will be getting louder on social media and forums to insure all potential order placers  that trucks are NOT being delivered and no one is taking responsibility.

I spent 5 months after my truck was built going back and forth between GM and the dealership getting the same responses as you.  I was at the right place at the right time and bought a different truck at a different dealer that showed up on the lot.

It was like screaming into a void.  No one cares and never any resolution.  It was truly maddening and I don’t wish the experience on anyone.

Good luck.  Keep your options open.

18 hours ago, SLTBlue said:

I spent 5 months after my truck was built going back and forth between GM and the dealership getting the same responses as you.  I was at the right place at the right time and bought a different truck at a different dealer that showed up on the lot.

It was like screaming into a void.  No one cares and never any resolution.  It was truly maddening and I don’t wish the experience on anyone.

Good luck.  Keep your options open.

Wide open, Looking for a F-350. If GMC treats me this way now how are they going to treat me once they have my money?

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered a 22.5 AT4 Sierra with a 6.2 on 1/14/22. Dealer placed the order but I'm still waiting on them to get their allocation. Coming from a 2500, I'm kinda excited to not drive around a school bus anymore.

This is the type of thread I searched the forum for. I've said in my "intro", that I'm here honestly to have my fears calmed  in regards to my "Sierra in wait".  There's 106 pages of solid info here and I'm eager to hear the forum's opinions and hear from some folks that may have a Sierra from the same build date, time frame.

Long story, short as possible... hopefully.

Sept 2021.  Finally found an AT4 online, "in transit". Clicked the "get e-price" link and receive a response of what I was hoping to hear. The number I saw on the dealer's web page was the number he quoted me. Minus taxes and

'conveyance fee' of course. Got in touch with him and he spelled it all out over the phone. Called back that evening and when the guy told me it wasn't spoken for yet, I gave him a deposit.

Everyone who's looking for a vehicle during this time is/was aware of the chip shortage.  Meh... I can wait.

Fast forward to Dec 30th, when I come to find out the vehicle was built in February of 2021 and is currently in a "intermediate delivery status with no estimated delivery date". I start to think about this truck sitting in an Indiana parking lot for 10 months. Who knows what could have eaten what, where, right?

Jan 4, 2021, I call and discuss my concerns with my salesman.

Jan, 7, I call and (painfully) request my deposit be refunded. (side story there, but, some other time...).

Jan 15th, dealership calls and tells me it's on it's way... it will be here Feb. 17th. (Currently now, by the 7th).

I'd appreciate any Input from the forum in regards to...

-Why (aside from chip shortages), would this thing still be sitting around 7 months, (now 11 months) after it was built?

-Why would anyone want a vehicle that has been sitting around for that long? (Does it matter?)

-Would it be a reasonable assumption that the "Valve Lifter Service Update #N212353840", was performed?

-Would it be a reasonable assumption this vehicle now has a non DFM engine?

-Would it be a reasonable assumption there are various components/features that have been credited?   like...

Heated steering wheel, Rear heated seats, HD cameras, etc. (even though the dealer told me otherwise).

-Would it be a reasonable assumption the dealer is full of ???? ?

These happen to be questions I've asked the dealer, with no definitive answer.

Vehicle in Question ... 2021 AT4. 5.3, Value pkg, Tech pkg, Driver Alert 2 pkg, 20"

Thanks all,

Tony

Cheers!

I wrote to the General Manager and Sales Manager at the dealership where I am working (there is no work going on) and the GM sent it up the "ladder" to the Regional Director....whatever that means these days.

Here is his reply:

Lee

Thank you for your email.. I forwarded your email to the Regional Director of sales in the northeast for Chevy. This is going way up the ladder.. Below is his response

Joe – the answer is this is an MP unit, do I know when it’s coming, no – do I have a better answer than that, no – would be happy to talk to the customer and explain out what has happened and what is happening.  It’s as frustrating for me as it is for you that I can assure you. 

D. J. Adamcheck

Regional Director – Chevrolet NER

Sales, Service & Marketing

The truck you ordered was very hard to hard to get do to how it was configured.  We were lucky enough to get it built!!! I know the delay is annoying but we check everyday for updates and GM just cant give any..  The Factories were shut down for 3 weeks during the holiday and fired back up this week

We are doing all we can and are at the mercy of GM. Hoping your truck comes soon

Thank you

Joe Quirk

Quirk Autopark

I ordered my 22 2500HD back in early June, build date was the week of 11/15 and is still sitting in Flint.  The dealer's webpage, not once, but twice, showed the truck was in transit (I even took a "snip-it" of it) but yet, just like above...just sits.

Luckily, I have an old Ford farm truck, 2wd stick shift I drive....it was -34F this morning and the power steering and brakes gave out...not fun...I need my new truck!

Just venting...like everyone else!

Lee

On 1/26/2022 at 2:02 PM, thekcwolf said:

This is the type of thread I searched the forum for. I've said in my "intro", that I'm here honestly to have my fears calmed  in regards to my "Sierra in wait".  There's 106 pages of solid info here and I'm eager to hear the forum's opinions and hear from some folks that may have a Sierra from the same build date, time frame.

Long story, short as possible... hopefully.

Sept 2021.  Finally found an AT4 online, "in transit". Clicked the "get e-price" link and receive a response of what I was hoping to hear. The number I saw on the dealer's web page was the number he quoted me. Minus taxes and

'conveyance fee' of course. Got in touch with him and he spelled it all out over the phone. Called back that evening and when the guy told me it wasn't spoken for yet, I gave him a deposit.

Everyone who's looking for a vehicle during this time is/was aware of the chip shortage.  Meh... I can wait.

Fast forward to Dec 30th, when I come to find out the vehicle was built in February of 2021 and is currently in a "intermediate delivery status with no estimated delivery date". I start to think about this truck sitting in an Indiana parking lot for 10 months. Who knows what could have eaten what, where, right?

Jan 4, 2021, I call and discuss my concerns with my salesman.

Jan, 7, I call and (painfully) request my deposit be refunded. (side story there, but, some other time...).

Jan 15th, dealership calls and tells me it's on it's way... it will be here Feb. 17th. (Currently now, by the 7th).

I'd appreciate any Input from the forum in regards to...

-Why (aside from chip shortages), would this thing still be sitting around 7 months, (now 11 months) after it was built?

-Why would anyone want a vehicle that has been sitting around for that long? (Does it matter?)

-Would it be a reasonable assumption that the "Valve Lifter Service Update #N212353840", was performed?

-Would it be a reasonable assumption this vehicle now has a non DFM engine?

-Would it be a reasonable assumption there are various components/features that have been credited?   like...

Heated steering wheel, Rear heated seats, HD cameras, etc. (even though the dealer told me otherwise).

-Would it be a reasonable assumption the dealer is full of ???? ?

These happen to be questions I've asked the dealer, with no definitive answer.

Vehicle in Question ... 2021 AT4. 5.3, Value pkg, Tech pkg, Driver Alert 2 pkg, 20"

Thanks all,

Tony

Cheers!

Definitely one of the affected engines. I'd pass on it and wait for the 22.5 trucks at this point. It'll have a reissue VIN and they'll change it to a 22. 

On 1/26/2022 at 12:41 AM, 20Denali21 said:

Ordered a 22.5 AT4 Sierra with a 6.2 on 1/14/22. Dealer placed the order but I'm still waiting on them to get their allocation. Coming from a 2500, I'm kinda excited to not drive around a school bus anymore.

Did you have prices in front of you, ie base price and option prices?   Thanks!