The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

36 minutes ago, amxguy1970 said:

You joined just to tell everyone that? :rolleyes: Gee wonder what you are?

Tyler

Please tell me what I am? If your going to say a " long time Chevy fan who has been disappointed since 2013" then you are correct. If you're going with troll then you would be wrong. 

Also, I am pretty sure I have had this account for awhile but have not posted.

• Like 1

Read through the entire GM fleet order guide. Biggest omissions I’ve noticed so far:

1. No adaptive cruise, only “following distance indicator” as part of the “Driver Alert Package II” , not included with “Driver Alert Package I”.

2. HUD, 360 Surround Vision cameras and rearview HD camera mirror only available as an option on Denali as part of the CWW Technology Package. N/A on SLT. Pictures online suggest these will be available on the AT4. No mention of the AT4 in the guide.

3. No Z71 option. Now called X31 Off Road Package. Possibly only available on the AT4?

As others have mentioned, 6.2 + 10spd only available on 4WD versions. 

Missing Adaptive cruise is disappointing but not a deal killer for me as I rarely even use regular cruise.  If the AT4 has the CWW tech Package, I’m in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 2Speed said:

Read through the entire GM fleet order guide. Biggest omissions I’ve noticed so far:

1. No adaptive cruise, only “following distance indicator” as part of the “Driver Alert Package II” , not included with “Driver Alert Package I”.

2. HUD, 360 Surround Vision cameras and rearview HD camera mirror only available as an option on Denali as part of the CWW Technology Package. N/A on SLT. Pictures online suggest these will be available on the AT4. No mention of the AT4 in the guide.

3. No Z71 option. Now called X31 Off Road Package. Possibly only available on the AT4?

As others have mentioned, 6.2 + 10spd only available on 4WD versions. 

Missing Adaptive cruise is disappointing but not a deal killer for me as I rarely even use regular cruise.  If the AT4 has the CWW tech Package, I’m in.

Yeah I would like to have the adaptive cruise but it’s not a deal breaker. The HD cameras will be nice because the current ones are crap. I really wanted the RST with the 6.2 but I have a HC now with the 6.2 and 2wd. Didn’t really want 4wd but I will still be getting the truck. The 10 spd and lower overall weight will be nice and the truck really didn’t need more power but would of been nice. :)

Don't forget:

1. No Pano Roof Option.  Some have no need, I like them, and the competition offers as an OPTION.

2. No Ventilated Rear Seats - Ram has them coming

3. Lower TQ numbers on the 6.2L - 450 vs. 460 on previous gen.  WTF?  

4. Poor placement of outside mirrors = FUGLY.  Oh wait that was an improvement for visibility...glad I needed this so I can now see objects in my mirrors and out my side windows for the first time EVER.  Really...C,mon GM who do you have in your focus groups?

Ohh.,. and the GM adaptive cruise in their trucks and full size SUVs is the biggest POS in the industry so that is one thing I do not want in an option package.  It can be an option for people that want it like I mentioned in bullet 1 but don't force that crap on people.  I got rid of two Yukon Denalis because it was such crap.

Sigh.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NOVA99 said:

Don't forget:

1. No Pano Roof Option.  Some have no need, I like them, and the competition offers as an OPTION.

4. Poor placement of outside mirrors = FUGLY.  Oh wait that was an improvement for visibility...glad I needed this so I can now see objects in my mirrors and out my side windows for the first time EVER.  Really...C,mon GM who do you have in your focus groups?

Ohh.,. and the GM adaptive cruise in their trucks and full size SUVs is the biggest POS in the industry so that is one thing I do not want in an option package.  It can be an option for people that want it like I mentioned in bullet 1 but don't force that crap on people.  I got rid of two Yukon Denalis because it was such crap.

Sigh.

Also no towing mirrors!

• Like 1

Just soooo many misses with this truck I cannot understand who their audience is?   Oh and how bout them fender wells on the GMC.  Guess the designers could not make up their minds..."go back to rounded, no everyone like squared, hey I am new here let's incorporate both so we do not offend anybody that way everyone will be happy."  Geez MC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jeffro19 said:

Where can this be found? Thanks 

It's the images in the first post of this thread or also found in these two news topics

Chevy dude on YouTube did a video on the new trucks just a day or 2 ago. It seems these early production trucks are going to be current body styles. The info he has said the new body style probably won't hit dealership lots until early 2019. Check out his video for more accurate dates than I can give. I just remember being disappointed with his info. That is for crew cabs. They plant in Mexico isnt supposed to start production until the end of the year. 

Edited by Willborio

5 hours ago, Willborio said:

Chevy dude on YouTube did a video on the new trucks just a day or 2 ago. It seems these early production trucks are going to be current body styles. The info he has said the new body style probably won't hit dealership lots until early 2019. Check out his video for more accurate dates than I can give. I just remember being disappointed with his info. That is for crew cabs. They plant in Mexico isnt supposed to start production until the end of the year. 

Sorry... but that's just inaccurate. New body style crew cab trucks will most definitely start being produced in mid July. I'm 100% certain.  He's getting mixed up by the fact that double cab K2XX chassis vehicles will continue production for nearly the rest of the year while T1XX ramps up. 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2018 at 5:47 PM, NOVA99 said:

Don't forget:

Sigh.

I like the new GM's but I'm glad there are other brands to choose from for customers like yourself who are unhappy with the upgrades.  (I'm sure you would have been even more outraged when GM removed the triangle vent windows and used this location to mount "FUGLY" mirrors.)  It is fine to prefer one brand over another but there are reasons behind any changes or upgrades. 

3 hours ago, Zane said:

Sorry... but that's just inaccurate. New body style crew cab trucks will most definitely start being produced in mid July. I'm 100% certain.  He's getting mixed up by the fact that double cab K2XX chassis vehicles will continue production for nearly the rest of the year while T1XX ramps up. 

Oh ok wasn't sure. 

Edited by Willborio