The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

5 hours ago, Mister A said:

Speaking of the assumed 2022 date, does anyone know when ordering is opened up in a normal year in relation to the first day of production? The closer it gets to 2022, the more I'm having second thoughts on my 2021 order

I have no clue, but ordering just opened up on the 2022 Sierra HDs, and their production date start mid-July. You could probably go off of that, which means ordering for 2022 Sierra 1500s will be around July-August. Honestly I have a 2021 ordered but since it's still at 1100 I'm just gonna wait till they officially reveal 2022 and then go from there.

Edited by Mitchell Chen

Given there are a number of production codes GM assigns to a vehicle as it goes through the ordering and production process, either your sales guy is very, very lazy, and doesn't care about even making a pretense of keeping you happy, or they are just shining you on and they don't have allocation anytime soon, and don't want to admit to you that it likely will be some time before you get the truck, or if you will get it (as GM may switch to 2022's before then)...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hamidar05 said:

Anyone taking delivery of their ordered trucks from March/April, or even May (if it isn't on hold)?  I ordered mine in May, dealer said it was in production, but won't be able to tell me anything else until it is finished from the assembly line.

Yes sir-2021 RST CC 5.3 Ordered in December delivered March 1st

• Like 1

Does anyone know how and when the dealer being invoiced fits into the delivery schedule?  My order was built first week of May, "shipped" second week of May, and the dealer was invoiced at that time.   ETA was May 21st.   Four weeks later, no updates, no ETA.  Event code stuck at 4300.  Dealer has shown me my order event codes which were never at MP or 4D00. 

At the same time, he has other orders in his system which have no visible invoice, and MP on the event code since late May, but some of these trucks were delivered on his lot this past week.  

From what I can tell from various forums and talking to my dealer and others, the codes might not be helpful right now. Your truck may be at 4300 till the day they call you and 4300 may mean it’s MP even without the MP. My dealer said he is giving up trying to figure out when these things are coming (he is waiting on 5 sold orders, just had 3 show up out of no where)

On 6/17/2021 at 2:05 PM, Mitchell Chen said:

I have no clue, but ordering just opened up on the 2022 Sierra HDs, and their production date start mid-July. You could probably go off of that, which means ordering for 2022 Sierra 1500s will be around July-August. Honestly I have a 2021 ordered but since it's still at 1100 I'm just gonna wait till they officially reveal 2022 and then go from there.

Where do you build a 2022? I didn't see anything on GMs website for any 2022s.

On 6/3/2021 at 9:44 PM, Hamidar05 said:

Hey All,

Ordered a Silverado 1500 I6 Diesel LTZ with only the Z71 package extra.  Dealer said preliminary order was accepted on May 27 and today said the factory accepted the order. 

Took me a month and a half to find a dealer to order what I wanted with Supplier pricing and GM Rewards.. I even tried to order from the #1 volume dealer in the country in Texas and they said they would not sell to me unless I lived in the state...  we'll see if my local state volume dealer will honor the pricing if and when the truck arrives along with the rebates which at the time they promised.  They said there was GM Star Guarantee or something like that which they promise the rebates at time ordered and will honor them when it arrives if they happen to be even better.  Rebates already went down $1000 in the wrong direction..

Saw mention of Driver Alert holding up orders, is that for lane changes or?  Thanks and good luck to all you fellow waiters.

I got good news from my dealer today that my Silverado Crew Cab 1500 completed build today and assigned a VIN, 4 weeks after order accepted!  Also it was built in Ft Wayne, which makes me happy since I read Crew Cabs were assembled in Siloa, sorry Mexico, but I prefer to buy American.  When it will ship (via rail), no idea.. but he said trucks are flowing pretty well.

A dealer that I have been talking with says that they are now taking pre-orders on 2022's.  Has anyone else heard that?  Tempted to pull the trigger but would like to actually see what the truck is going to look like and confirmation that the 2022 will be different than the 2021......

On 6/24/2021 at 7:47 PM, Hamidar05 said:

I got good news from my dealer today that my Silverado Crew Cab 1500 completed build today and assigned a VIN, 4 weeks after order accepted!  Also it was built in Ft Wayne, which makes me happy since I read Crew Cabs were assembled in Siloa, sorry Mexico, but I prefer to buy American.  When it will ship (via rail), no idea.. but he said trucks are flowing pretty well.

Truck is on the dealer website "in transit"!  Hoping that doesn't mean they will screw me and try to give me back my deposit and cancel our deal...

9 hours ago, Hamidar05 said:

Truck is on the dealer website "in transit"!  Hoping that doesn't mean they will screw me and try to give me back my deposit and cancel our deal...

No worries! It’s how it’s done. Hell my guy said he could have sold my truck 3 times….showed in transit, then in prep area, then parked on the lot waiting for me to close the deal! 

you will be enjoying the rig soon! Congrats!

• Thanks 1

I went to my local dealer May 10th, they already had the truck I wanted coming. At that time it was already built, had vin, just waiting on the chip. I put down my deposit and here we are almost 2 months later and nothing has changed. 2021 Sierra AT4 6.2L. 

• Sad 1