The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

The chat won’t tell you if it’s being held due to the chip issue.  My truck has been built and “awaiting shipping arrangements” since February due to the chip shortage.  I’ve had a VIN since mid-February.

My truck was sitting at status 4200 for a while, and then 4D00, and now I just learned that it was assigned a new event code “MP”, presumably for Micro Processor.  Still no idea when any of this will be resolved. 

The dealer should be able to tell you the status and whether it is truly on its way to you.  

I found a truck in-transit and called the dealer to make the deal over the phone. My local dealer said I could order one but they had no idea how long it would take. They were also selling trucks on the lot for 10,000 over MSRP. 

Phil

I haven't been able to find a single truck within 1000 miles of me that has the price I agreed to with the deposit and with what I want on it. Waiting is the only sensible answer but isn't the one I wanted to hear. Its a base LT- I was hoping the lack of exotic packages would at very least keep my delay shortish. Dealer said 2-6 MONTHS 

13 hours ago, HouseOfCleave said:

How do you see your status number???

I used the chat feature on GMC.COM and looked up my order which didn't have any details. At the end I said "dissatisfied" and a live agent came on and told me what the status was.

I've read other forums that the rebates are being pulled and prices increased even on pre-existing orders. Can anyone confirm this? I get supply and demand, but usually a pre-order for any purchasable goods is at a locked in price.

Just now, Mister A said:

I used the chat feature on GMC.COM and looked up my order which didn't have any details. At the end I said "dissatisfied" and a live agent came on and told me what the status was.

I've read other forums that the rebates are being pulled and prices increased even on pre-existing orders. Can anyone confirm this? I get supply and demand, but usually a pre-order for any purchasable goods is at a locked in price.

I was told any GMC rebate depends on what is available once the vehicle is delivered and can be invoiced, not what is available when order placed.

1 hour ago, Mister A said:

While the factory rebate is subject to delivery, I locked in my price (and even my trade-in if I keep my car under a 130k miles hah) with my dealer. I have it in writing, which is why my dealer would really love for me to take my deposit back due to delays hah.

Inability to confirm status can be a communication break-down or worse, may reveal that even GM doesn't know status or ETA.  

Have the mfg'rs ever had to park this many incomplete vehicles?  I think this is a real curveball for their production/quality control flow.

Yeah I'm starting to get the picture that I probably will know something the day they drop it off. The chat's info sounds like its on its way to the train because the plant is pretty much right at Roanoke IN and I live in Alabama, but if the dealer shows 4D00.... I don't understand why their system would show two different things. OH well. Let the wait begin. I just hope the truck isn't full on lost in the system.

On 5/5/2021 at 4:00 PM, TechSavvy2 said:

Ordered a 2021 1500 Denali 6.2 with every option (minus accessories)

Order date: 3/15

Accepted: 3/16

Original TPW: 5/10

Updated TWP on 4/23: 4/26

Completed and shipped end of 4/26 week (don't know which day, is on train in transit as of 5/5)

Told will be ready for pickup at dealer (in AZ) on 5/18 by both my sales/dealer and CS.

FWIW.

Update - vehicle was delivered to dealership on the 18th as GM stated, and I took delivery on the 19th. 

No markup beyond what price I was told, rebates were still on it etc. 

No issues. 

My dealer did have allocation when we ordered, and he definitely was intimately familiar with which features/accessories would cause delays. If you walk in to order and just say I want A/B/C regardless of status, you're very likely to experience delays.

Mine was 2021 Black Sierra 1500 Denali 6.2, carbonpro, every package.