The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

I feel everyone's pain that has an order stuck right now.  I have a couple of vehicles suffering the same fate right now. One of them a sold order CT5 V-Series.  

Luckily my 6.2 Custom Trail Boss was built yesterday and shipped this morning.

My truck arrived at the rail yard in Mesquite, Tx yesterday afternoon.  Invoiced today so the truck should be here by the end of the week.  My truck was built with DFM.  I think all 10 speed autos keep DFM.

3 minutes ago, GearheadSS said:

My truck arrived at the rail yard in Mesquite, Tx yesterday afternoon.  Invoiced today so the truck should be here by the end of the week.  My truck was built with DFM.  I think all 10 speed autos keep DFM.

When did you order your truck? Do you know in which factory it was built?

On 3/31/2021 at 11:13 AM, Reinnn said:

I am in the same situation, ordered a 2500HD AT4 back in october 2020 and still no tpw. Allotment issue as per my salesman. Other place says optional stuff constraint. At the end of the day, no transparency at all from GM chat or dealer...

It's crazy man.... Im going on 6 months + and still no word on anything... I don't want to abandon my build but I might have to and go to a bigger dealer... 

1 hour ago, SLTBlue said:

When did you order your truck? Do you know in which factory it was built?

I placed my order on 3/4.  It was built in Mexico.

2000  on 3/4  

3400 on 3/18

3800 on 3/31

4200 on 3/31

Newby question here: Do you save any money or are you able to negotiate price with the dealer when you order?  I am looking for some specific options on a Trail Boss that my local dealer either can't find or can't get another dealer to trade on due to limited inventory.

Just looking for advice.  The good new is, im in no hurry and have time to wait if needed.

You can generally get a better price by taking what's on the lot.  Having said that, for what these cost, order and get exactly what you want.  You can still take advantage of things like Supplier pricing and incentives.  The difference being that you won't know what incentives (assuming they continue) will be available at the time that you take delivery of the truck.

Thanks Jim, I'm just a regular citizen, no access to supplier pricing that I can find.  Any advice there?

You may be surprised. Your profession may qualify you for special pricing. My wife is a Naval Pediatric Nurse. Nurses get healthcare employee pricing, and military personnel get first responder pricing. They happen to be the same discount, so it doesn't matter. Just can't double-dip on the discount.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On 4/6/2021 at 11:48 AM, GearheadSS said:

I placed my order on 3/4.  It was built in Mexico.

2000  on 3/4  

3400 on 3/18

3800 on 3/31

4200 on 3/31

That seems fast.  What lead time were you expecting?  I am placing an order in a few days and was guided it could be 12 weeks.

14 hours ago, GullLakeMi said:

That seems fast.  What lead time were you expecting?  I am placing an order in a few days and was guided it could be 12 weeks.

I was expecting 8-12 weeks.  I've been ordering for a long time and I've never seen a 1500 arrive this quickly.  I've seen 6 weeks before but that was when production was "normal".  With supplier issues and shortages, I was fully prepared to wait 12 weeks for my truck to arrive.  Less than 4 weeks is just insane right now.  It's right up there with the fastest we've ever gotten a vehicle.  It's not uncommon for us to receive Tahoes/Escalades in 2-3 weeks since we're so close to the Arlington plant.  I've also had Corvettes show up in 3 weeks but that was during the C7 days.  

I know this has been beat to a pulp - but I put a deposit on a Trail Boss my dealer had headed to their inventory back in beginning of March. Since then the truck hasn’t moved. It’s on hold with event code 4D00 for about 4-5 weeks now.  Dealer is leaning on microchip shortage for reasoning.  GM chat yesterday said it was “completely assembled and awaiting shipment.” 

What are the chances this thing gets out of factory before mid May? My current lease expires on 5/15, so time is tight.  Can’t wait for it, just pushing the envelope is all.

Thanks for any input! Long time read, first time post!

16 hours ago, Dirtbkr2254 said:

I know this has been beat to a pulp - but I put a deposit on a Trail Boss my dealer had headed to their inventory back in beginning of March. Since then the truck hasn’t moved. It’s on hold with event code 4D00 for about 4-5 weeks now.  Dealer is leaning on microchip shortage for reasoning.  GM chat yesterday said it was “completely assembled and awaiting shipment.” 

What are the chances this thing gets out of factory before mid May? My current lease expires on 5/15, so time is tight.  Can’t wait for it, just pushing the envelope is all.

Thanks for any input! Long time read, first time post!

Slim to none are the chances you will see it by mid-May.  I might be wrong but there are literally thousands of these things sitting waiting on parts.  I have no idea why either because some of them are shipping out with no delay.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason why some are hold and some aren't.

I'd ask your dealer if they have any that aren't currently at 4D00.