In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Zane

The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

1 hour ago, SLTBlue said:

When did you order your truck? Do you know in which factory it was built?

I placed my order on 3/4.  It was built in Mexico.

2000  on 3/4  

3400 on 3/18

3800 on 3/31

4200 on 3/31

Wow looks great!

6 weeks and counting at event code 4200.  No help, no ETA.   

Newby question here: Do you save any money or are you able to negotiate price with the dealer when you order?  I am looking for some specific options on a Trail Boss that my local dealer either can't find or can't get another dealer to trade on due to limited inventory.

Just looking for advice.  The good new is, im in no hurry and have time to wait if needed.

You can generally get a better price by taking what's on the lot.  Having said that, for what these cost, order and get exactly what you want.  You can still take advantage of things like Supplier pricing and incentives.  The difference being that you won't know what incentives (assuming they continue) will be available at the time that you take delivery of the truck.

Thanks Jim, I'm just a regular citizen, no access to supplier pricing that I can find.  Any advice there?

Thanks Jim, I'm just a regular citizen, no access to supplier pricing that I can find.  Any advice there?

You may be surprised. Your profession may qualify you for special pricing. My wife is a Naval Pediatric Nurse. Nurses get healthcare employee pricing, and military personnel get first responder pricing. They happen to be the same discount, so it doesn't matter. Just can't double-dip on the discount.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On 4/6/2021 at 11:48 AM, GearheadSS said:

I placed my order on 3/4.  It was built in Mexico.

2000  on 3/4  

3400 on 3/18

3800 on 3/31

4200 on 3/31

That seems fast.  What lead time were you expecting?  I am placing an order in a few days and was guided it could be 12 weeks.

14 hours ago, GullLakeMi said:

That seems fast.  What lead time were you expecting?  I am placing an order in a few days and was guided it could be 12 weeks.

I was expecting 8-12 weeks.  I've been ordering for a long time and I've never seen a 1500 arrive this quickly.  I've seen 6 weeks before but that was when production was "normal".  With supplier issues and shortages, I was fully prepared to wait 12 weeks for my truck to arrive.  Less than 4 weeks is just insane right now.  It's right up there with the fastest we've ever gotten a vehicle.  It's not uncommon for us to receive Tahoes/Escalades in 2-3 weeks since we're so close to the Arlington plant.  I've also had Corvettes show up in 3 weeks but that was during the C7 days.