The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

This is the result of the crazy world we live in. Anybody tried to buy ammo… You can’t even acquire the materials to load your own from the beginning to the end of the reloading of the  round. This is basically the  same issue that these auto makers are having acquiring some parts! 

I would like to see GM allow customers that want to order build their own vehicles, order them online and have them shipped paid in full to a dealer of their choice. Just pay a minimal transfer fee. Just like the process of buying firearms online. 

Some might say the dealerships would lose sales and possibly close up. I don’t see that being the case I don’t believe there’s a lot of people ordering/building vehicles. They still have a walk-ins that buy from the dealers inventory on the lot. 

Edited by ram1067

On 3/9/2021 at 12:21 PM, drew.sunderland said:

Ordered my AT4 1500 Crew Cab with Standard Bed on 01/20/2021, got a call on 02/11/2021 from my dealership and told me that they no longer are doing the AT4 Premium Package no longer exists as the running boards are so backordered and that I have the max tow package on my truck and they have stopped all production on that packages because GM cannot get their hands on the semiconductor that runs the anti-sway system on the truck.  My dealer told me that we can either keep it how it is and wait 6-9 months for the semiconductor or take off the running boards and the max tow package (Bringing the max tow from 9100lbs to 7100lbs).  I chose to remove the max towing package and change the Premium package to Value Package and now my truck is being built this week, 3/8/2021.  Hoping to see it soon!!

My truck just got built and VIN is available, it took 3 total months, hopefully it gets here next week, been waiting for this truck for so long now.

On 3/9/2021 at 9:36 PM, Bud Boss Lt said:

I really feel like GM and other manufacturers will start doing an online build to order and pay/finance through GM...FORD...DODGE etc.....cut out dealerships.  Which is unfortunate because as bad as dealerships can be sometimes there is a use for them and some people there care and want to put a face to a vehicle.

No they won't  At least, not in the foreseeable future.  Maybe long after I'm retired.  

Edited by GearheadSS

I believe there are a variety of laws in various states preventing them from doing that, I recall Tesla was having problems having offices in various states.

I'm not sure what the problems are. A business would only need to incorporate, and then create what's called a foreign entity in each state. Only issue I see would be if Tesla is setup as a S-Corp and not a C-Corp (big difference is number of shareholders, iirc the supply is at 100). Not all states recognize S-Corp status, but that wouldn't prevent any Corp to own a LLC or another C-Corp. It's a simple workaround. It's just a question of whether the company wants to try. Sounds like Tesla didn't want to try. And, doing the S-Corp thing could aid in utilizing what's referred to as QSUB, or pass through. It's a means to simplify tax files for all businesses a business owns, including for the parent business itself. This is a rabbithole we could explore, but it gets us off topic.

: We shall now return you to your regularly scheduled program:

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I thought I saw something on here that enables people to track their VIN but now I can't find it. Truck is still in transit.

Anyone do this without harassing the dealership every day?

TIA

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, Sierra Jon said:

I thought I saw something on here that enables people to track their VIN but now I can't find it. Truck is still in transit.

Anyone do this without harassing the dealership every day?

TIA

GM pulled the VIN tracking system, we have to contact the support teams at either GMC's or Chevy's main site on the message us in the bottom left corner to see about a status update.  I havent seen them change that, I have been waiting for mine as well, it was shipped about 2 weeks ago and its supposed to arrive on the 30th per GMC's support

• Like 1

GM pulled the VIN tracking system, we have to contact the support teams at either GMC's or Chevy's main site on the message us in the bottom left corner to see about a status update.  I havent seen them change that, I have been waiting for mine as well, it was shipped about 2 weeks ago and its supposed to arrive on the 30th per GMC's support
Literally losing sleep waiting lol

Thanks for the update!

How long did everyone's truck stay in 4800 status? My dealer said the truck is in SLC, curious how long they sit before being sent to the dealer.
They forms on what the next leg of the trip is for your truck. If it's in Salt Lake City it's likely in a train car at North Salt Lake. The bad news is that ski season will be over soon, and the rental car fleets are probably transitioning over to their summer fleet. That means a few thousand cars may be at the same place, and they're waiting on truck drivers to get everything delivered. If awaiting a truck to take to your dealer, it may be a bit. If then start asking if a truck has been assigned to deliver your new truck. If so, it could be 1 to 2 weeks from the date of assignment before your new ride gets to the dealer. All speculation on my part. Just going off past experience. I use to work in the rental car industry in SLC.

I'm waiting on my wife's Tahoe that I ordered in January. It was shipped on March 8th and still on a train according to Chevrolet. I didn't know it would take 3 weeks to get from Texas to Jacksonville, FL. The estimated delivery date to dealer was yesterday (3/25/21).  I talked to the dealer and he said ETA still shows yesterday. 

Update: Now GM is saying 4/8/21 on the Tahoe.

I am waiting on a AT4 to come in with 3.0 diesel, thought about trading in my HC with 6.2 for it. It should be in 4/12/21 according to GM. I'll make that decision when it comes in and I can put my hands on it.

Edited by drucker
  • Like 1

I ordered my AT4 on Jan 6, it was "built" the week of Feb 15.  Hadn't heard anything for a month, so I called my dealership and was told that while my truck officially "was built" and is "in transit", it's really sitting in a lot somewhere waiting on computer chips to be installed.  No ETA for when that the chips will show up to finish building my truck that was "built" over a month ago and his been "in transit" sitting in a lot.

43 minutes ago, Bertman said:

I ordered my AT4 on Jan 6, it was "built" the week of Feb 15.  Hadn't heard anything for a month, so I called my dealership and was told that while my truck officially "was built" and is "in transit", it's really sitting in a lot somewhere waiting on computer chips to be installed.  No ETA for when that the chips will show up to finish building my truck that was "built" over a month ago and his been "in transit" sitting in a lot.

Same here (SLT CC, 5.3L /10spd).  Build complete in late Feb and has been sitting at 4200 status since then.  No information on ETA.

Wishing it was one of the trucks they are shipping without DFM, but it seems they are content to hold onto it for now until the chips are available.

Wondering how many others are in the same boat.

Same here (SLT CC, 5.3L /10spd).  Build complete in late Feb and has been sitting at 4200 status since then.  No information on ETA.

Wishing it was one of the trucks they are shipping without DFM, but it seems they are content to hold onto it for now until the chips are available.

Wondering how many others are in the same boat.
I think the real question is, if GM allowed a truck to be delivered that didn't have the hardware it was suppose to be built with, which customer would sue for breach of contract? It's a tough spot to be in, and I feel frustrated for those who are stuck in it. However, if also want the product I ordered to be delivered a I had ordered it. Hopefully the wait you guys have to endure isn't much longer.