The official ordering, production & delivery thread - 2019 Silverado / Sierra

My dealer just told me that the Driver Alert I & II have not been available for sometime and may remain that way for a while. They also said that there is no customer custom ordering available but some dealerships will order it for their inventory and just have it set aside for the customer, which is what they did for me. 

Well as an update, Chevy chat now will only say "Your vehicle is waiting at our storage lot to be picked up by carrier." I'm not exactly sure why they won't just come out and admit it is 4D00 and waiting on a processor. It isn't a secret at this point.

On 5/25/2021 at 1:40 PM, Mister A said:

My dealer just told me that the Driver Alert I & II have not been available for sometime and may remain that way for a while. They also said that there is no customer custom ordering available but some dealerships will order it for their inventory and just have it set aside for the customer, which is what they did for me. 

Yep, that seems to be the case, along with the Technology Package on constraint as well. I only placed my order on a fully loaded AT4 on May 12th, so fingers crossed that the constraints will be lifted before the September cutoff or whatnot. Anyone have any idea of those constraints are 100% or they're just being allocated at a certain percentage?

Hey All,

Ordered a Silverado 1500 I6 Diesel LTZ with only the Z71 package extra.  Dealer said preliminary order was accepted on May 27 and today said the factory accepted the order. 

Took me a month and a half to find a dealer to order what I wanted with Supplier pricing and GM Rewards.. I even tried to order from the #1 volume dealer in the country in Texas and they said they would not sell to me unless I lived in the state...  we'll see if my local state volume dealer will honor the pricing if and when the truck arrives along with the rebates which at the time they promised.  They said there was GM Star Guarantee or something like that which they promise the rebates at time ordered and will honor them when it arrives if they happen to be even better.  Rebates already went down $1000 in the wrong direction..

Saw mention of Driver Alert holding up orders, is that for lane changes or?  Thanks and good luck to all you fellow waiters.

What's up folks!!

For the first time in my life, I am finally in a good position to purchase a brand new vehicle, and I have been eyeing the 2019-2021 Silverado's for quite awhile, in fact, ever since they came out.  I am looking to buy a nice Crew Cab RST in the next few months, but I see the selection has really dwindled down since the last time I was actually looking online before the pandemic!  Is it really that bad right now?  I want a Crew cab, 5.3 Liter, with the center console and 20 inch wheels.   Z71, 4wd, even Max trailer pkg would be nice, but not necessary.  I was hoping to stay in the low to mid 40s.... is that just unrealistic at this point?   I have been trying to read back within the thread to get caught up on the current state of inventory, and it sounds like folks have been waiting MONTHS for trucks they ordered to be delivered, which tells me, dealer inventory on the lot is scarce.

What I found is ordering anything with features is a huge waiting list. I also found that if you go to GMC.com you can search vehicles for sale that aren't even built yet. I did this and found basically what I had ordered, but this was was supposedly already accepted by the factory for a dealer, and was about to be assigned a VIN number and going to be on the line. I now have a tiny deposit on a vehicle that doesn't even have a birthday yet but supposedly won't have to wait more than 4 weeks like my personal order that will take who know how long before it even gets accepted.

On 6/7/2021 at 8:08 AM, Mister A said:

What I found is ordering anything with features is a huge waiting list. I also found that if you go to GMC.com you can search vehicles for sale that aren't even built yet. I did this and found basically what I had ordered, but this was was supposedly already accepted by the factory for a dealer, and was about to be assigned a VIN number and going to be on the line. I now have a tiny deposit on a vehicle that doesn't even have a birthday yet but supposedly won't have to wait more than 4 weeks like my personal order that will take who know how long before it even gets accepted.

I can attest to the less features the less waiting. I had placed on order for a AT4 w/ the 3.0L but with no other added options at the end of April (30th I believe). And much to my surprise manufacturing was started on the week of the 24th and was completed and shipped out last week for delivery before the end of the month.

Has anyone got any actual useful information on 4d00 (processor delays). My truck has been finished for three weeks now but no one at the dealer or chevy chat actually gives me useful information. Chat keeps giving different answers and none of them seem to be true.

I am a sales consultant at a GM Dealer in Louisiana, and it's insane what is happening with the order process.  I am actually in the process of deciding if I want an AT4 or a Denali, and was getting ready to place the sold order tomorrow, but drivers alert 1 and 2 are on constraint right now, and has been for around a month.  It's mainly been on trucks that we've had issues getting when placing the order.  Tahoe, Yukons, and the XL versions have been 6-8 week turnaround

1 hour ago, SilverSilvy said:

I am a sales consultant at a GM Dealer in Louisiana, and it's insane what is happening with the order process.  I am actually in the process of deciding if I want an AT4 or a Denali, and was getting ready to place the sold order tomorrow, but drivers alert 1 and 2 are on constraint right now, and has been for around a month.  It's mainly been on trucks that we've had issues getting when placing the order.  Tahoe, Yukons, and the XL versions have been 6-8 week turnaround

Man that's interesting, so the SUVs are not experiencing constraints on the same packages?

I ordered an AT4 w/ technology package because my rationale is that if I am buying a 55k truck, I might as well spend the extra 4k on all the bells and whistles... 

But seeing that they just took out AFM/DFM as well as the auto start/stop, I don't think the driver alert 1/2 are gonna be off constraint anytime soon...

1 hour ago, Mitchell Chen said:

Man that's interesting, so the SUVs are not experiencing constraints on the same packages?

I ordered an AT4 w/ technology package because my rationale is that if I am buying a 55k truck, I might as well spend the extra 4k on all the bells and whistles... 

But seeing that they just took out AFM/DFM as well as the auto start/stop, I don't think the driver alert 1/2 are gonna be off constraint anytime soon...

It's been odd how they are handling everything.  Shutting down production of some vehicles such as the Colorado and Camaro, to catch up with demand for the trucks and SUVs, yet still have constraints on the trucks, and not on the SUVs.  Had a release the other day, that over 12k fullsize half ton trucks are sitting right now waiting on the semi-conductors.  But also had someone say today that as of today, half-ton Denali trucks will be full production.  I haven't seen anything about that yet, but that would be nice.  I'm actually getting ready to order a new truck for myself and trying to decide between a Denali and AT4.  If Denali is full production but AT4 isn't, that will help my decision for sure!  lol

51 minutes ago, SilverSilvy said:

It's been odd how they are handling everything.  Shutting down production of some vehicles such as the Colorado and Camaro, to catch up with demand for the trucks and SUVs, yet still have constraints on the trucks, and not on the SUVs.  Had a release the other day, that over 12k fullsize half ton trucks are sitting right now waiting on the semi-conductors.  But also had someone say today that as of today, half-ton Denali trucks will be full production.  I haven't seen anything about that yet, but that would be nice.  I'm actually getting ready to order a new truck for myself and trying to decide between a Denali and AT4.  If Denali is full production but AT4 isn't, that will help my decision for sure!  lol

As one of the 12k trucks I just wish there was some transparent look at what is being done. It is clear the chat guys have no clue what's happening and my dealer doesn't either. It is one thing to have an extended wait, it is another to just be indefinitely held without any update and see newer orders and more loaded trucks being sent out while mine sits. Disheartening to see them opening up production when my completed truck sits getting lot rot.